Saints v Dundee

Havana Saint

Wasn't even in the ground when Dundee scored, how many dreadful early goal have we conceded this season.  

Season ticket holders, the bread and butter of the club have been screwed royally with the Shi£& we've had to endure this season.  

Tommy seems to adopts two quite different approaches to speaking out. He either bemoans the lack of money he gets to spend on players(fair point)or focuses on our relative success in relation to others like Dundee or Utd.  I don't think there are any of us who don't appreciate what's been achieved in recent times but neither of these make up for the fact that our home performances for almost three months have been brutal! 

I see empty seats(more than normal) around me because people are starting to become sick and tired of our home form and I for one don't blame them.  

I can only hope that Brown does put his hand in his pocket in January as the squad and fans desperately needs a boost.

Now is not the time to walk away, the club need the fans more than ever.  Yes we are in a dreadful run of home form, but Saints is in the blood surely?  I think the break is coming at a good time, some players moving on (good luck to Zippy, nae goals all season then that peach v Sevco! - I wouldn't give Foster a jersey again to be honest...how many chances does the guy need? - He has let his team and the support down time after time.  Boxing with comrades, kicking in doors, missing games and handing Dundee a gift in the derby. 

January gives us a time to recharge and  refocus and get McMillan in and hopefully some others - we desperately need some leadership at the back.  Many have said on here already we need a Jim Weir, Kernaghan or Wright - totally agree.  Start with some clean sheets and we can pick up points.  I am glad we have the cup game to look forward to, but we need to start with some energy and spirit if we are to get a victory in Coatbridge.    Hopefully Steve's biscuit tin will get opened again in January.  Missed Fair City Unity again, crying shame they are not with us at the moment.

We are Perth!

COYS!

It is a shame Foster can't follow MOH out the door this January. Both were awful today.  

Great to see Tommy move to a back three at half time but our midfield was so flat in the first half it was so easy for Dundee to play through it. 

Second half was far better and really unlucky not to get a point. 

Some utterly infuriating inconsistencies in the refereeing today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/stjohnstone1884/status/947177438383104000

"McDiarmid misery in 2017 laid bare: Only 7 wins in last 22 home games, 12 defeats. Goal difference of -15 in that period and only scored more than once in a game 4 times. Opposition opened scoring on 13 occasions, 11 of those within opening 28 mins. Failed to score 9 times."

missed Habers goal as they scored coming in through the turnstyle , surprised so many moaning about Foster as the booing of McGowan surely meant the saints fans thought there was no contact?

from my view just in front it looked bad an McGowan showed us his mark. As for Dennys it looked like he clearly won the ball but would like to see both incidents again on tv, 

Not too downbeat as i thought our 2nd half performance meritted a draw - at times you would have said they were the man down

would like to see us stick with the back 3

Im also in the camp that if i didn't have a season ticket i doubt I'd have gone to a few games this year. We've been rank at home for nearly 2 seasons. Our away form has been our saviour but it's gate receipts that pay the bills.

Anyway, today. Usual poor defending between Ando and Foster. Rotten. Then Foster doing a foster, losing the plot. We also had a midfield standing off players for the first 45. Usual home tactics.

2nd half we were actually excellent. High press, quick, strong runs and lots of effort. Deserved a point for that but as per usual gave ourselves too much to do.

Denny pass marks first half. Scougall, Spoony, Easton and Davidson all good second. Zander also had a great stop from Haber. 

Ah well, at least the Manager is happy.

Edited by Broon

We were much much better in the 2nd half. After the sending off, I think Tommy just wanted to get to half time to sort it out. A better team than Dundee would have piled on and scored a few.

Fair play to Tommy, the changes worked. The 2nd half I almost forgot we were a man down. Easton looked like his old self and Gordon looked comfortable. Mature head on young shoulders to take one for the team to pull the Dundee player down on the half way like when they were breaking.

Their 2nd you can excuse as we were pushing up and while a silly pass by MOH, it was against the run of play. Although, him being that deep was a feature of the game. Some strange passages of play where he was almost coming back to take the ball off our own players.

Scougall looked the part today too.

On the downsides, slightly concerned that Zander doesn’t seem to command his box as well as he used too. Spoony for me is a wasted jersey in games like that and Foster, well, he might as well as just kept running up the tunnel to his car and bugger right off. Not great on the pitch, but so often he costs us with stupid decisions. I think he is probably a distributive influence on and off the pitch. Always moaning at the other players. We desperately need to freshen things up. We are way too predicable at the moment. Concerned that we are all pinning our hopes on McMillan who is totally unproven in our league. Hope he is joined by a few others.

Edited by TheYellowBox

I don’t get this ‘we won’t miss MOH’ comments.Nearly everyone on here is saying how a big improvement our second half performance was, that was mainly down to MOH and scoogs running  at the Dundee defence. I for one will certainly miss MOH.

He's not got a goal or assist since the 9th of September. The second half yesterday was as good as he's played since the home game against Hibs, in August. 

We can't waste a window waiting to see if he's staying or going. We're not signing him permanently while he's contracted to Rangers so all we're doing is treading water by having him here. 

Let him go and move on. 

Very well put random you always have a sensible way at looking at things unless we sign moh permanently might as well let him go the January transfer window is going to be very important we have to get it right

Is that not what loan signings are ‘loans’ how many teams sign players on loan expecting to sign them on a permanent basis at the end. If we can get MOH signed up early January I would take him in a minute on loan. 

In the first half we sat of Kamara who would drop into his own half, take the ball and move it forward, The difference in the second half was us pressing him and forcing McGowan to try and take up that role which he didn't do as well,

Baffled at MOH sitting 10 yards out of the box when we had corners - all that would happen would be they would win the ball and he would stand in the same place and not track back. I personally don't think that we will miss him as he isn't really bringing anything valuable to the team and he is now back at rangers and we won't know until the 31st of January if we will get him back as The "The" will try all January to sell him to the championship down south and when they can't they will punt him to us so we pay some of his wages. I think since Pedro left them he has totally switched off for us and he was thinking about going back there and trying again. 

Is that not what loan signings are ‘loans’ how many teams sign players on loan expecting to sign them on a permanent basis at the end. If we can get MOH signed up early January I would take him in a minute on loan. 

Yeah but it won't be sorted out early January so let's forget it & move on.

According to the bbc final score we will be involved in a relegation fight and the top six will

be as it is now.

Mind you the panel was made up of Billy Dodds and Scott macdonald

and an organisation that couldn't manage to give our line up before kick off

Clark made a great save from McLean apparently.

At corners Joe was trying to block the keeper. Surely one of our better header of a ball should be on the 18 yard box.

Every week Macca does this & invariably gets a foul against him.

It annoys the piss out of me. Surely it would be better just keeping the ball away from the keeper.

It took Rangers three months to appoint the manager who was already manager. I doubt they'll decide MOHs future in a week. 

For the money we're paying for him we need a return, and he's not giving us that. Talk all you want about runs in behind and his pace being a weapon, but he's not contributed to a goal since September. 

I wonder if Tommy noticed how the crowd got behind the team in the second half when we played attacking football ,rather than the boring negative stuff we have had to endure for the past 18 months that have seen the crowds gradually fade away.

Exactly - I have a ST and couldn't be arsed the other day to sit and watch us defend for 90 minutes against Aberdeen 

Most comments can't disagree with, however since when has following Saints ever been easy.. ask me if I have been happy with some performances/results at home and the answer would be no, but to be honest I am so disappointed with the reaction of some fans towards the team/management! Don't you think it's bad enough that our wee team get the rough end of the stick when it comes to decisions etc without our own fans wading in too...

I have watched Saints up and down ALL the divisions and if you think this is bad you haven't been on a rain soaked terrace at  Boghead watching your team play crap!

I am sure we can support our team .. you have to take the good with the bad! We can't be beating Rangers & Celtic all the time! ;-)