Is this the winter of our discontent?

Havana Saint

13 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

And how would that help?

It would help because following an acknowledgment of the problem I would then be looking for him to shed light on what strategies he has in mind to improve things. 

Not talking about issues doesn’t make them go away.  I’m sure I’m one of many season ticket holders who would love to know what his thought are as to how poor we are at Home.  

Okay  surprised by the major negativity towards TW .. The fact he’s achieved the greatest ever spell in Stjohnstones history shows what a fantastic motivator he is .. turned a diddy  team into Scottish cup champions and more speaks volumes regarding his management skills .. he’s wrong with making it public however SB should of dipped into his pocket and treated the lads to a winter break in the sun n question a big mistake on his part the motivation and sense of freshness would of been enough to give saints the freshness they desperately needed ..time will tell where we end up but I’m afraid the golden period is disappearing and with that TW and the lower divisions will become reality once again and then we’ll see how SB handles that pressure because he’s also been under zero pressure from the fans as of yet. 

Remember no one is bigger than stjohnstone and it’s supporters 

1 hour ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Do you think it is good practice for professional athletes to turn up just over an hour before a match? Do you think it's right that they spend about 4 hours a day trying to perfect their profession? Do you think St Johnstone FC are a forward thinking club with a professional attitude?

Tommy has the chance to change things but has just plodded along as that's what most of Scottish football does. It's amateurish to the extreme and the only way to change it is to have balls.

THEY TRAIN WITHOUT BALLS? 

Now that is amateurish.

48 minutes ago, slambrother said:

It would help because following an acknowledgment of the problem I would then be looking for him to shed light on what strategies he has in mind to improve things. 

Not talking about issues doesn’t make them go away.  I’m sure I’m one of many season ticket holders who would love to know what his thought are as to how poor we are at Home.  

You think internally the club don’t discuss these things?

You think Tommy doesn’t have regular meetings with Steve Brown about his performance and steps he is taking to improve it?

You think Tommy doesn’t have regular meetings with the squad to discuss problems and solutions?

You dont think that the club captain Joe Shaughnessy calls meetings with his players to try and resolve issues?

I just struggle to understand your rationale/point. Why would it appease you or help anything if Tommy Wright were to come out and say “our home form isn’t as good as we want it to be, next weeks tactic will be this this and this”. Pointless!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

19 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

You think internally the club don’t discuss these things?

You think Tommy doesn’t have regular meetings with Steve Brown about his performance and steps he is taking to improve it?

You think Tommy doesn’t have regular meetings with the squad to discuss problems and solutions?

You dont think that the club captain Joe Shaughnessy calls meetings with his players to try and resolve issues?

I just struggle to understand your rationale/point. Why would it appease you or help anything if Tommy Wright were to come out and say “our home form isn’t as good as we want it to be, next weeks tactic will be this this and this”. Pointless!

Of course I realise that these things will be discussed within the club, there would be something wrong if they weren't.  

I think your missing my point, we've went through shorter slumps(at home)before and I've not necessarily looked for Tommy to come out and detail exactly what's went wrong but Poor home form has plagued us for almost two seasons now! Surely in any profession in particular when your in the public eye (as football managers are)  there has to be a degree of accountability.  

Overall I think Wright's been an amazing manager but  of late I've not felt reassured about what measures are being taken to improve our home performances.

maybe your happy to be kept in the dark and accept thes things are being dealt internally which I'm sure they are but I'm not.  

Tommy happily shares his thoughts on finance, not been giving enough money for players/training camps.  He openly talks about what he sees as good so is it really that far of a stretch to want him to talk about his thoughts on on our consistently sh£te home form??

10 minutes ago, slambrother said:

Of course I realise that these things will be discussed within the club, there would be something wrong if they weren't.  

I think your missing my point, we've went through shorter slumps(at home)before and I've not necessarily looked for Tommy to come out and detail exactly what's went wrong but Poor home form has plagued us for almost two seasons now! Surely in any profession in particular when your in the public eye (as football managers are)  there has to be a degree of accountability.  

Overall I think Wright's been an amazing manager but  of late I've not felt reassured about what measures are being taken to improve our home performances.

maybe your happy to be kept in the dark and accept thes things are being dealt internally which I'm sure they are but I'm not.  

Tommy happily shares his thoughts on finance, not been giving enough money for players/training camps.  He openly talks about what he sees as good so is it really that far of a stretch to want him to talk about his thoughts on on our consistently sh£te home form??

“Slumps” ... “Plagued” ... “Accountability” ... “Sh£te home form”

You need a reality check!! 

Do you even know the ‘home form’ vs ‘away form’ stats from last season?

We finished 4th in the Scottish Premier League last season, qualifying for Europe for an unbelievable 5th time in the last 6 years!!

You are believing what you want to believe... we are siting 7th in the league. We are keeping up with teams who are spending ridiculous sums of money on players wages(Hearts and Hibs)..

You are just plain wrong that it has been a 2 year “slump” or “plague” or whatever other flowery, overblown Daily Record/Sun style guff you want to use.

This season is a new season. The league is harder, our home form has weakened, the overall product isn’t as inspiring but suck it up. Celtic are blowing everyone out of the water, Aberdeen are spending abhorrent amounts on salaries, Rangers are also spending more on a couple of players than we are spending on our whole wage budget, Hearts and Hibs are signing players that are far far beyond our grasp. Motherwell hit the jackpot with Louis Moult much like we did with Stevie May and have reaped the rewards, Kilmarnock have brought in a manager of serious class and pedigree who is attracting some serious quality back to that club.

The league is harder this season, we have no more money to spend on wages than we have had any other year, we will win less games than the previous few seasons.

Tommy Wright coming out and saying, “our home form is poor isn’t it” isn’t going to change any of the above facts.

Security and stability along with trying to sign the odd player of OHalloran or Scougall quality is more realistically going to see us ever experience the success we have experienced recently again in the future.. 

43 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

“Slumps” ... “Plagued” ... “Accountability” ... “Sh£te home form”

You need a reality check!! 

Do you even know the ‘home form’ vs ‘away form’ stats from last season?

We finished 4th in the Scottish Premier League last season, qualifying for Europe for an unbelievable 5th time in the last 6 years!!

You are believing what you want to believe... we are siting 7th in the league. We are keeping up with teams who are spending ridiculous sums of money on players wages(Hearts and Hibs)..

That response was 100% predictable.  Spare me the' you should be grateful lecture'.

it seems it's the default response to anyone who expresses dissatisfaction with an aspect of the club.  

I've often said to my son how lucky he is to be supporting saints through such a successful era.  Does that then mean that as supporters we can't speak out about things we disagree with or feel could be done differently.

If your happy with our home form of late and enjoying the performances then good for you.  

At the moment for me attending home games have been a chore.  It won't stop me from coming back and it hasn't in the past but I feel I'm entitled to hear the managers thoughts  on how he might change this. 

2 hours ago, byebyedundee said:

time will tell where we end up but I’m afraid the golden period is disappearing and with that TW and the lower divisions will become reality once again.

Why? Explain in great detail without the pish that we were there before so that's our level.

55 minutes ago, slambrother said:

That response was 100% predictable.  Spare me the' you should be grateful lecture'.

it seems it's the default response to anyone who expresses dissatisfaction with an aspect of the club.  

I've often said to my son how lucky he is to be supporting saints through such a successful era.  Does that then mean that as supporters we can't speak out about things we disagree with or feel could be done differently.

If your happy with our home form of late and enjoying the performances then good for you.  

At the moment for me attending home games have been a chore.  It won't stop me from coming back and it hasn't in the past but I feel I'm entitled to hear the managers thoughts  on how he might change this. 

Your point is a valid one, only you are defending the indefensible.

Our two year home for isn’t a plague or a slump. In fact our home for last season, when we qualified for the Europa League an UNBELIEVABLE 5th time in 6 seasons, was on par with our away form.

Furthermore, the SPL this season has seen attendances rise at the clubs around us, encouraging them to spend considerably more than us, resulting, on the whole with better performances in matches.

To add to that, we are currently only one win(we have a game in hand) to being one point behind Hearts and six points behind Hibs. Incredible considering the money and players they have at their disposal.

Your point would be more valid had Tommy:

-Not just signed McMillan(a direct response to our lack of goals)

-We were not one game in hand win behind top 6

Just because the BBC, The Sun, The Daily Record or well known posters on WAP say our home form and/or season is “dismal”, “shocking”, “plagued”, “disastrous”... doesn’t make it fact!

Tommy Wright criticising his players and shouting from the rooftop how apparently bad our home form is, will not change anything discussing on this thread thus far!!!!

6 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Your point is a valid one, only you are defending the indefensible.

Our two year home for isn’t a plague or a slump. In fact our home for last season, when we qualified for the Europa League an UNBELIEVABLE 5th time in 6 seasons, was on par with our away form.

Furthermore, the SPL this season has seen attendances rise at the clubs around us, encouraging them to spend considerably more than us, resulting, on the whole with better performances in matches.

To add to that, we are currently only one win(we have a game in hand) to being one point behind Hearts and six points behind Hibs. Incredible considering the money and players they have at their disposal.

Your point would be more valid had Tommy:

-Not just signed McMillan(a direct response to our lack of goals)

-We were not one game in hand win behind top 6

Just because the BBC, The Sun, The Daily Record or well known posters on WAP say our home form and/or season is “dismal”, “shocking”, “plagued”, “disastrous”... doesn’t make it fact!

Tommy Wright criticising his players and shouting from the rooftop how apparently bad our home form is, will not change anything discussing on this thread thus far!!!!

As long as you are happy. I & a lot others are only going to home games,due to loyalty,habit or nothing better to do on a winters afternoon. I certainly don't expect to be entertained or expecting to see expansive attacking football. I know a few SEason ticket holders that are staying away or threatening to.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

As long as you are happy. I & a lot others are only going to home games,due to loyalty,habit or nothing better to do on a winters afternoon. I certainly don't expect to be entertained or expecting to see expansive attacking football. I know a few SEason ticket holders that are staying away or threatening to.

I didn’t say I’m happy. I didn’t say I’m satisfied with the product on the pitch. I didn’t say I wouldn’t love to see us improve...

I am merely stating the facts, all started by some posters weird perverse bleating on about wanting Tommy to come and admit or apologise or beg. I just don’t get it.

Bashing Tommy Wright will not help the current “situation”, in fact is more likely to exacerbate it.

This season is what it is, Tommy Wright can’t control how much other teams are spending, he can’t control the fact that the league now exists with Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibernian and Hearts. The facts are, that there is a greater probability that we won’t win as many matches as previous seasons due to this fact. 

Furthermore that other poster was just talking complete waffle about last seasons home form, totally made up....

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

37 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I didn’t say I’m happy. I didn’t say I’m satisfied with the product on the pitch. I didn’t say I wouldn’t love to see us improve...

I am merely stating the facts, all started by some posters weird perverse bleating on about wanting Tommy to come and admit or apologise or beg. I just don’t get it.

Bashing Tommy Wright will not help the current “situation”, in fact is more likely to exacerbate it.

This season is what it is, Tommy Wright can’t control how much other teams are spending, he can’t control the fact that the league now exists with Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibernian and Hearts. The facts are, that there is a greater probability that we won’t win as many matches as previous seasons due to this fact. 

Furthermore that other poster was just talking complete waffle about last seasons home form, totally made up....

'Weird, perverse bleating' and 'Tommy  bashing'.....really, get a grip.  It's posters like you who actually put others off from posting by your over reactions.  At what point did I say I want him to 'admit' and 'beg'?  Is it really so 'out there' to look for him to reflect and share his thoughts on possible ways forward?  

Absolutely no point in  arguing with you, your obviously one of these people who are always right.  How dare  I ask for insight into why for long periods of time we struggle to play well at home! 

8 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Always handy to have a couple of lottery winners to pay for the odd trip abroad 

Tbf they seemingly don't put a penny into the actual club, anything they've invested is into the youth development system. Particks "Weir Academy" is named after them due to it. 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Tbf they seemingly don't put a penny into the actual club, anything they've invested is into the youth development system. Particks "Weir Academy" is named after them due to it. 

Maybe they aren’t but they are putting money into the academy which saves the club money, money the club could use for say a wee trip abroad possibly 

11 hours ago, lossiesaint said:

I don't think the Chairman would have even entertained this idea. The cost alone for the club would be prohibitive. Charter an aircraft to Spain, £25k upwards. Rooms in a decent hotel with training facilities for 30players and staff? Paying for all meals and travelling etc etc whilst there for bounce games? This I think would add up to well over £100K..... salaries for 2 decent players over the season?

I think I know what I'd be doing if I was chairman. The manager can bump his gums about penny pinching but I cant see justification for holidays like this, although i think TW is griping about money every way he can to try and prise some spondooleys out of that tight grip the Chairman has on the purse!

Geez, I woudnae book a quick cheap trip abroad with you !! 

On 1/3/2018 at 10:46 AM, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Why? Explain in great detail without the pish that we were there before so that's our level.

You've chosen one line in a quote I made that included some major points to determine that we are very likely going to end up in the lower leagues if we don't have the motivational input required to freshen our team..

So stop taking pish and read the full quote rather than what you choose because we will get relegated if we carry on with this atmosphere