Winter shut down

candalan

6 minutes ago, cristo said:

The only benefit from our point of view that's two Saturdays we've not lost!!

Seriously though, I think it's pointless. Added to the stupid international breaks, all it does is prolong the season and shorten the summer break.

And more midweek games, midwinter in the back of beyond. Madness.

I think we miss a chance during the winter break. We have 3 full size indoor pitches in scotl!Nd at present surely organising under 25 and a aybe over 35 7 A SIDE tournaments would raise the profile of that game and also keep fans getting weekly fix.

And going by next week's forecast suspect we might be off another week. 

Agree with many of the comments on here, the winter break is a nonsense. It's a winter sport, to provide entertainment through the long dark  winter months, and instead they encourage younger fans to turn even more to watching the money leagues down south and abroad on the tv.

It was mentioned above, but we already lose enough Saturday's during the season due to the utter nonsense that is the international break, we don't need anymore Saturday's without top league football in Scotland.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I assumed it was to help people recoup money after the expensive festive period, and yo give the pitches a rest after the busy festive period. 

Theres pros and cons of it but it was voted in. 

No,it was to help those in Europe but unfortunately that is now only Celtic.

Guest ScottMann

It was to give the poor little darlings a rest as they get tired plus of course other leagues do it so Scotland has to copy it. I'm surprised they didn't wait until England did it first though. 

It's another move to show that 'football is a business' like any other is a load of nonsense. I can't see Tesco or M&S saying their staff are tired after being run off their feet over the festive period so are shutting for two weeks to let them recharge their batteries so they they're fully fit for the Easter holiday rush. A real business doesn't turn it's customers away.

I've said it before, but given the unpredictability of the Scottish weather, if we are to have a winter break then have it in the 2 weeks before Christmas when the fans could do with saving a few quid.  Start back on Boxing Day when you will have bumper crowds with fans desperate to get back to watching the fitbaw.

I hope SPFL & Saints don't rush into rearranging Killie & Hamilton games.

If Saints don't get past Albion ,the Hamilton game could be played on the 10 Feb.

There is a Scotland game in which I doubt Saints or Killie  will have players involved so could be played on 23 march but may be too near the split. There is also cup round on 3rd of march that might not involve Killie & us.

All I am saying is don't rush to rearrange fixtures right after we are playing games midweek in the middle of winter.