Who should be The Next Scotland Manager ?

PanamaSaint

16 hours ago, PanamaSaint said:

... and the SFA sit in silence.  

As they have done since around 2011. A governing body without any credibility despite the self congratulatory glowing 'Mission Statements' they place on their website... incredible.

to add:

Don't forget this is an organisation which just recently refused to take part in a review on their governance of the game despite a large number of Scottish fans and... the SPFL, making known that one is required to restore some confidence in the stewardship of the game.

Of course, as usual, the clubs have nothing to say either.

Edited by Indicator

Couldn't care less to be honest.  The national team means very little to me given the amount of Saints (and other "Smaller" clubs) players who have been overlooked over the years because they don't player for one of the bigot brothers. Main, Wright, O'Neill, Anderson, May and Mackay  should all have been capped while playing for Saints.  Muzz should have had more than 2 minutes.  Clark is probably the next who will be ignored for this reason.  Whoever is manager will no doubt toe the party line again and we will continue to fail to qualify for major tournaments and play mind-numbing football.

My only interest in the appointment is the if it's Michael O'Neill then we will probably lose Tommy to NI.

1 hour ago, south inch said:

Interesting that the SFA have taken longer than Sevco to find out that their preferred candidate does not want their managers job.

Now what?  Well there is always Alex McLeish who has taken to singing Scotland the Brave lately instead of the Sash.

Would say he is now favourite seeing as nobody else wants him.

Bit surprised Klinsmann never gets a mention in any of the speculation. I think he'd be worth talking to.

I can't imagine recruiting for the Scotland manager's job is an especially easy task. I just can't see why any good, experienced manager would want it. The SFA would maybe end up being better off taking an educated punt on a more up-and-coming coach - but who that would be I have no idea.

I think McInnes would do a great job but can't see why he'd be remotely interested. I'd also be surprised if Tommy Wright is anywhere near being on the radar for it.

Edited by blueheaven
Posted in wrong thread!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, cristo said:

Delighted to hear it. Why in heaven's name would we be looking at someone who's nearly seventy?

Anyway, where's Stewart Baxter these days??

Did you mean Stanley there...

2 hours ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Even bigger worry is McLeish still hanging around, Yogi Hughes getting a mention, total shambles from the top down, need rid of all they self serving clowns that make up the committees and board as soon as possible, saying that Lawwell of Celtic appears to run the whole thing.

A farce. Those who have no association, current or previous, with the OF need not apply.

Same goes for SFA CEO.

Dear me. Walked out when previously Scotland manager. EBT recipient whilst with Rangers1872, a real Rangers man.

A man desperate for the job... any job. Nobody of quality is interested in managing the Scottish international team.

All we need now is a RRM heading the SFA and it'll be back to square one.

Edited by Indicator

Quite entertaining really to see how clueless and out of touch with modern football the SFA are. There's a whole planet of coaches to consider and, after their first target turns them down, they can't see beyond Walter Smith and Alex McLeish. Absolutely zero concept of the existence of a world outside Glasgow.