Sign in to follow this  
jhq

Steve Brown interview

Recommended Posts

An interesting read in the Sunday Mail with  the chairman emphasising how he is the decision maker and how he has a board that will give opinions but he will make the decisions. 

Most interesting point is that he will not allow his sons to take on the club and that a difficult conversation would have to be had then.

Also that we are the only club not to have a CEO running the club day to day. I can see the reason financially but if he is trying to run a business the size of saints on 2 afternoons a week then that is surely impossible. A  full time CEO answerable to the board would surely be better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mainstand said:

An interesting read in the Sunday Mail with  the chairman emphasising how he is the decision maker and how he has a board that will give opinions but he will make the decisions. 

Most interesting point is that he will not allow his sons to take on the club and that a difficult conversation would have to be had then.

Also that we are the only club not to have a CEO running the club day to day. I can see the reason financially but if he is trying to run a business the size of saints on 2 afternoons a week then that is surely impossible. A  full time CEO answerable to the board would surely be better. 

I am sure we have a general manager,or do we ?.

Although he is only in office 2 days a week ,he will be contactable 24/7 although Tommy probably never asks how many tickets we sell. :laugh:.

Edited by Cagey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I was a season-ticket holder and followed the club before my dad actually took it on.

I thought he was a Rangers fan growing up?

 

If there’s money to be spent – and there is – then it will be spent on players.

Surprised at him saying this in public. He plays his cards too close to his chest normally to tip others off we can spend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good article- nothing really new there, but maybe he thought it was the right time to go public to reassure fans re signings (or lack of) given TW has done that on a few occasions. Clever decision. Interesting to see how long he keeps going- 5-8 years? Guess it depends if he finds a suitable replacement, or does indeed go down the fan ownership route if he's not satisfied there is someone to continue the Broon strategy. 

Out of interest, who's on the board?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ScottMann said:

“I was a season-ticket holder and followed the club before my dad actually took it on.

I thought he was a Rangers fan growing up?

 

If there’s money to be spent – and there is – then it will be spent on players.

Surprised at him saying this in public. He plays his cards too close to his chest normally to tip others off we can spend.

I can categorically assure you Steve was a huge Saints fan when he was younger - he traveled home and away with  the team, I was with him. He also had a very frosty relationship with his dad when he was a young sparky and never once took advantage of his Dad's position - he traveled on the train or car to games and always paid his way for tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I can categorically assure you Steve was a huge Saints fan when he was younger - he traveled home and away with  the team, I was with him. He also had a very frosty relationship with his dad when he was a young sparky and never once took advantage of his Dad's position - he traveled on the train or car to games and always paid his way for tickets.

Thanks. That's good to know. Any idea where the Rangers fan stuff comes from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScottMann said:

Thanks. That's good to know. Any idea where the Rangers fan stuff comes from?

Rumours started by idiots on here mainly.  Folk just love to have a dig at the Browns for some reason.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I can categorically assure you Steve was a huge Saints fan when he was younger - he traveled home and away with  the team, I was with him. He also had a very frosty relationship with his dad when he was a young sparky and never once took advantage of his Dad's position - he traveled on the train or car to games and always paid his way for tickets.

Spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Spot on.

Yip, he has been a saints fan all his days.

Not sure where the Rangers thing came from. Possibly his younger Brother, as he had a spell where he supported Rangers, but this may well have been because some of his mates supported them, glory hunting or a dig at his old man, don't really know and can't remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to Add his two sons (Stevie's)  are also Saints fans and have sponsored a few games with the electrical business, and I think on the shirts as well?

If some of the moaners/whiners/negative posters on here matched 1% of their support as the Brown family has done for the club instead of trying to make up shite story's we would be in a better place all round.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Center Half said:

Just to Add his two sons (Stevie's)  are also Saints fans and have sponsored a few games with the electrical business, and I think on the shirts as well?

If some of the moaners/whiners/negative posters on here matched 1% of their support as the Brown family has done for the club instead of trying to make up shite story's we would be in a better place all round.      

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/brothers-armed-themselves-with-weapons-2740009

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abbots Deuglie Saint said:

They made a mistake they were charged and it was dealt with..

Have to wonder the motives of someone dragging this up.

Have you never made a mistake druggie. Sorry deuglie spell check.:roll:

Edited by mainstand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of them made a mistake in bar street in Turkey too,wanting to fight a Saints fan about 50 years old, had to get Roddy down to get him back to team hotel,ones meant to learn from mistakes,God knows I’ve made plenty, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Browns sons won't ever be on the board at McDiarmid so I've absolutely no idea why anyone's bringing up something they done seven years ago. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens once he leaves, and his comments about the Woman's team being the "final piece of the jigsaw" just days before that interview possibly don't bode too well. 

Motherwells fan ownership model apparently relies on ~2300-2600 fans (a Motherwell fan mentioned it but I can't remember the exact amount). I wonder if we could match that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this