The Lovat Hotel

THE LARK SAINT

• 2 months later...
On 25/01/2018 at 3:23 PM, THE LARK SAINT said:

Report in Courier that it has shut today without warning 

Not good.

The Lovat Hotel is set to reopen next week under new management , after a £250,000 investment

Bosses have revealed they are scaling back on large scale wedding bookings and plan to transform the function hall into a family restaurant.

18 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Oyez, Oyez,Oyez.

The guy who led the Lovat into bankruptcy (Stuart Shearer) is set to takeover at the Wheel Inn Scone on Monday according to the Daily Record.

And there is already a petition calling on people to boycott the place.

Apparently the current staff have also been informed accept your new or with the new company or lump it, people management at its best!

1 hour ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Apparently the current staff have also been informed accept your new or with the new company or lump it, people management at its best!

Is Wheel not owned by a big company ?. I assume he is the manager or franchised.

I don't know what's happened to business nowadays. It appears you can bankrupt a company & start up another one the next day. Same with all these footballers that made bad investments then declare themselves bankrupt & keep their multi £million homes.

3 hours ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Under employment laws Tupe applies so feck em, solidarity wae the staff. 

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Is Wheel not owned by a big company ?. I assume he is the manager or franchised.

I don't know what's happened to business nowadays. It appears you can bankrupt a company & start up another one the next day. Same with all these footballers that made bad investments then declare themselves bankrupt & keep their multi £million homes.

Ask singapore/Athens / panama, he is upto his armpits wae shyte like this. 

On 06/04/2018 at 9:28 PM, Cagey said:

The article implied that The Wheel Inn has changed ownership.

1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Heard Polis were called to evict a couple who tried to confront him at the Wheel Inn regarding being let down for their wedding plans at Lovat.

He called the cops & TWO cars turned up. The guy really is a nasty piece of work.

Would hope that anyone that knows the story will stay away from dump. There is always Kinneirs & Scone Arms can't be far from completion.

A lot of anger towards the ripping off p***k and rightly so, I know a couple personally who were scammed by him. The boycott the wheel inn fb page is certainly getting a lot of attention too, I just don't know how this is going affect the current workers there now though. They like most of us need their jobs, but could be in doubt now because of the negativity surrounding the new owners. Don't blame some of the kitchen staff walking out and getting alternative employment, looks like they've jumped from a sinking ship. 

9 hours ago, mad saints fan said:

Apparently the Lovat was under a business name where he was director. The Wheel Inn is now under a business name with his wife named as director, so I guess that's how he's managed to get in without any objection, he pretty much works for his wife...well on paper anyway.

Yup registered with companies house as his wife being a director... fecking farse 

Just adding again that I don't know how they're  going to keep the place running. As already advertised that some of the staff have left by choice, now so have the darts team. They've chosen to play all their remaining fixtures away from home rather than set foot back in the place. 

Edited by chips