St Johnstone v Partick Thistle, 27 January 2018

PanamaSaint

I thought the pseudo 3-5-2 We played against Dundee in the second half looked quite effective. It would mean we could accommodate the TW acclaimed best CB in the championship Jason Kerr alongside Ando and Liam Gordon. With Joe out on the right, Tanser on the left.

Zander

Gordon.   Ando.    Kerr

Joe.    Muzz.      Millar.   Tanser

Scougall

McMillan.    McLean

If Muzz is still out then Liam Craig instead. Also would be tempted to put Kane in ahead of McLean

This formation might help paper over the cracks that we now have no wingers at the club.

This game has huge significance for us - if we don't smarten up we could see ourselves slipping down in to trouble and with back to back midweek away games followed by  Hearts and the Old firm we really need to be winning our home games.

Team must be champing at the bit to get going - one thing I worry about when ever we are at home is getting caught cold and giving up some sucker early goal which changes the whole dynamic of the game. Please keep it water tight and wait for our chance.

Lack of match practice will cost us I fear. Would take a point for sure, 0.0.  

Not expecting anything different to our form, so let'shope our defence can cope with Sammon.

Really hope we dont stand off them.  Big game, bogey side, hmmm... wonder if we bounced up with Killie midweek?

Huge game in terms of fixture clog up and proximity of them to us if they win. Dundee v Hamilton who are directly below us so a victory means stretching away from them. 

Fixtures look good this weekend should results be positive but I’m never convinced TW knows how to play against Thistle considering our shocking form against them. 

McMillan should be thrown into the deep end here. They know heehaw about him so that gives us the edge. 

If I’m off work I’ll be getting prepared for the full time migraine for roaring like feck at the shit ref. 

22 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Tommy mentioned in an interview that Mcmillan would be broken in gently.  With the game being at home I would expect that means he is on the bench.

Why does he need broken in? 

He's had a full pre-season hasn't he?! 

I feel Tommy is always a bit too over cautious. We signed the guy to improve our strike force so get him playing!