St Johnstone v Partick Thistle, 27 January 2018

PanamaSaint

Is anyone actually surprised by that? The line up was just the same dross we've had all season with woefully underperforming players, except we got treated to Keith Watson, who somehow has jumped ahead of Comrie in the queue, Comrie only getting a game due to Tansers injury. 

It's really unlucky that the glaring weaknesses in our squad haven't shown up until now, would've been a huge benefit if it had been obvious for three months, and we'd had a month free to improve them through work on the training pitch, or transfers. Really unfortunate. 

24 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Big changes needed, every man and his dog seen this coming. Buck stops with those in charge.

I think Mr Brown's interview the other day said a lot. IMHO There will be nothing forthcoming unless attendances improve.

There will be no rise in attendance unless results improve.

Edited by Indicator

1 minute ago, dunkeldneil said:

I can see Ross county pulling away from the bottom too with the signings there bringing in 

Their new guys will at least allow Coyle to try things differently to what's not been working. We are like "let's bash our head off the wall again. It hurt like hell last time, but this time it might not...". Sheesh.

23 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Big changes needed, every man and his dog seen this coming. Buck stops with those in charge.

Aye but Tommy the eternal optimist will have a different spin on it, what boggles my mind is newspapers are littered wie stories of sacked managers, who were binned for better performances than TW. Explain it to me if possible

Getting tired of this. There is no buzz or enthusiasm about saints. 

This is a big gamble by saints in not improving the squad, a gamble which may not work out. Especially if the manager keeps playing the same old every week with players out of form, playing out of position. . 

Mclean is done at this level. Said this weeks ago on here. . 

Scougall not a right midfielder. 

Ando has had a poor season and not being helped by being played on the left of central defence. 

Our defence is poor and joe is no captain!

the line up positionslly was changed against rangers and hearts and was much better. 

back to same old against Dundee and partick and back to being poor again. Against Dundee in second half scougall moved into the middle and we were better even with 10men 

in hig trouble, getting beat regularly by teams below us. And getting very little elsewhere. 

What happened to coming out of the traps. Usual negative tactics.

All 3 goals came from their left because Watson does not look fit & is slow. Just before half time it looked like he didn't have the energy to walk back to his position. It looked like he was preferred to Comrie who wasn't even playing if Tanser hadn't got injured.

4 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

We are struggling and in big trouble.

Management team are unable or unwilling to try anything different and too many are out of form.

A few days left in the window and something must change imo.

Spot on. Same old dross on the pitch. Pains me to say it, but Macca, Ando, Liam and Midge are all done at this level. Too much to change in Jan, but we really need to be planning now for the summer. Spoony is massively out of his depth and I’d let go this week tbh. Kane looked good when he came on and Scougall impressed.

Much as said above, Team selection was strange, Millar and Watson were both being moved on! first game back and they are in the starting line up! not that they were the worst but does that tell you something about the management! Scougall has looked better in the number 10 role yet put out right wing again, Spooner has never looked even remotely looked a left sided player but yep he there!

Also close on 600 (Home support) crowd down on what has been attending that speaks for itself.

Chairman got a bit of a hard time at the end as the crowd left on mass looked a bit uncomfortable I would say.

St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright: "We put ourselves under so much pressure with how we started, again. We can't go 15 minutes, especially at home, without conceding a goal.

"Players haven't learned, so I'm going to have to make big decisions. We've got young players that I may have to throw in. Maybe I've been too loyal to too many for too long.

"Hopefully, we can get bodies in but, again, we are waiting until right at the end of the window to do that, which is not ideal. It's obvious that we need to freshen things up.

"Saying that, the referee makes a ridiculous decision. I don't know what he disallows David Wotherspoon's goal.

"Overall, we weren't good enough and the players know that. It's the first time since I've been here that I couldn't go in there (the dressing room) because all hell might have broke loose."

Millar still best player on the park today at least tried to play football,needs muzz next to him,Kane and new lad looked  decent, thought Denny should of stayed on was playing okay,spoony lacks confidence,macca will take longer than most to get match sharpness back, first game for a month saints will improve, Watson looked unfit carrying weight, poor judgement for the first, probably better as centre half than full back,

5 minutes ago, Saline Saint said:

Watson straight back in wtf? Can only assume his digs down in Hartlepool was above a chippy,no way fit enough to start.

Mclean,Craig,Ando all done at this level Spoony,well,less said the better,couldn’t get a cross by the first defender every time.

Clocks ticking Tommy!!!!

Watson wasn't fit because hes only played three games since September. Theres absolutely no reason he should be ahead of Comrie in the queue.

Lack of match sharpness. Not being over critical today.  Thistle had great prep for this game while we been waiting on a non event Scots cup game.  

Strongly suggest we play for a draw on Monday Scots Cup at Albion and get a replay on Wednesday.  Solely to get match sharp,..  even weirder get beat in the replay so we can play a league game on the weekend of the next round of the cup.

That wasn't good today, clearly not sharp. Games will improve sharpness.. 2 goals today were break aways.. poor.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright: "We put ourselves under so much pressure with how we started, again. We can't go 15 minutes, especially at home, without conceding a goal.

"Players haven't learned, so I'm going to have to make big decisions. We've got young players that I may have to throw in. Maybe I've been too loyal to too many for too long.

"Hopefully, we can get bodies in but, again, we are waiting until right at the end of the window to do that, which is not ideal. It's obvious that we need to freshen things up.

"Saying that, the referee makes a ridiculous decision. I don't know what he disallows David Wotherspoon's goal.

"Overall, we weren't good enough and the players know that. It's the first time since I've been here that I couldn't go in there (the dressing room) because all hell might have broke loose."

Needs to actually do it then. 

Kerr at the very least deserves a shot as Ando is so out of form it's embarrassing to watch. 

I love Macca but he looks totally past it now I'm afraid.