Hearts v Saints Sat February 10th Scottish Cup 5th Round

garydavidson

6 minutes ago, sainty10 said:

Do we get rid of management team now and hope we get the bounce that a new manager gets.

John Hughes available, Tommy has done all he can and was going to be leaving if Michael O'Neil had left Ireland is his mind really in it.

Hughes is absolutely rotten and destroys clubs. He got Raith relegated from the Championship last season. 

2 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

If this guy's still employed by Saints on Monday, the club doesn't deserve anyone's support

He's having a poor spell, he completely deserves our support. 

2 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Watching today, Tommy Wright takes ZERO fault. The players on that pitch are taking the piss!

B******s. Wright takes it all. Trains the players. Picks the team. Is responsible for changing it if it isn't working. Is doing none of it.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

He's having a poor spell, he completely deserves our support. 

Are you for real? This is the second major "poor spell" of the season. How about another goalless run to boot? He doesn't know how to change it. Hasn't got a clue. If he wants to retain what's left of his credibility, he needs to step down as manager of this team.

9 minutes ago, byebyedundee said:

Up until today I was willing to give him a chance however before he becomes hated SB should allow him to resign gracefully and give him a reasonable pay off ..

We should get Mckintyre & Dodds  or preferably Neilson if we can afford him 

anyone else except hughes

This is one of the reasons we should stick by Wright, for now. Not one of those is an improvement long term. 

8 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

Are you for real? This is the second major "poor spell" of the season. How about another goalless run to boot? He doesn't know how to change it. Hasn't got a clue. If he wants to retain what's left of his credibility, he needs to step down as manager of this team.

I'd suggest a manager who's given us four great seasons deserves one poor one without being absolutely vilified. 

Edited by RandomGuy

2 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Hughes :laugh:

McIntyre and Dodds :laugh:

Great shout lads.......How about Terry Butcher?

FFS.

I guess the biggest FFS from of those of us who've watched this slow car crash unfold, would be for Tommy Wight if he's still the manager on Monday

2 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

I guess the biggest FFS from of those of us who've watched this slow car crash unfold, would be for Tommy Wight if he's still the manager on Monday

We'll get nowhere sacking our best ever manager after one poor season.

Utterly ridiculous.

He deserves every opportunity to sort it.

We need a pick me up and I'm telling you a new manager will give us a boost regardless of the concequences to TW..

He's had 5 amazing years as a manager and thats a great run however by his tone you could tell he'd be willing to move on if someone came in for him so time for SB to let him go show leadership and get a new manager in pronto

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

'd suggest a manager who's given us four great seasons deserves one poor one without being absolutely vilified. 

That's only if you don't actually believe that we've only had "great seasons" by virtue of the fact other, bigger clubs have been out of the league. I'd argue the quality of our side has deteriorated badly since 2014. That's down to Wright.

I'm not happy with the way we are playing, alot of Tommy's decisions and our form, but he has earned not only some time, but also our support over the next couple weeks.

Fergie was ninety minutes away from the sack at one point- there is far too little loyalty in football and often it sees little change in fortune. No guarantees our plight would change. A club our size will occasionally be at the lower end of the table as much as we have got accustomed to being a top six club.

Let's give Tommy a few weeks to sort out the mess that he has been a part of recently.

Just now, HertsAgain said:

That's only if you don't actually believe that we've only had "great seasons" by virtue of the fact other, bigger clubs have been out of the league. I'd argue the quality of our side has deteriorated badly since 2014. That's down to Wright.

Spin it what ever way you want to, but we've had great seasons under Wright. To sack him on the back of, effectively, six poor months, is just daft, especially when you see the alternatives. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Spin it what ever way you want to, but we've had great seasons under Wright. To sack him on the back of, effectively, six poor months, is just daft, especially when you see the alternatives. 

Nobody has to "spin" anything. The facts are there. The longest goalless run this league has seen. Long winless run. Another one brewing. Bizarre team selection. Inability to change it when we're under it. Were in free fall. Get rid of him.

3 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

Nobody has to "spin" anything. The facts are there. The longest goalless run this league has seen. Long winless run. Another one brewing. Bizarre team selection. Inability to change it when we're under it. Were in free fall. Get rid of him.

You're spinning things by suggesting Wrights only success is a cup win, and even that is played against the scene that that's because every other club was in complete meltdown so he didn't actually achieve anything. It's bizarre how desperate folk seem to be to get rid of him, it was exactly the same a few seasons back when we went through a run like this, it's like you're utterly blinded towards what he's achieved with us. 

5 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

Rather get rid of you