Heart's v St Johnstone 03/02/18

tucker

2 minutes ago, Jiangsu Sainty said:

Ghosties posts in here have been some of the most embarrassing in the history of this forum, and that's saying something. 

This place really is the pits. 

Nah. It’s actually been happy-crappy-la-la-land in here for a few seasons now. Which is why why a lot of us don’t bother with it any more

Other than the first minute of the second half I didn't feel Hearts carried much threat atoll.

The pitch was terrible and I wondered if nimble footed Scougal would have thrived when bigger more cumbersome guys struggled to Keep their footing but if he is recovering from injury I suposse it could have been risky.Foster played well,Matty on a decent surface will run a mock with some teams,why do we not see more of Joe's big throws it's almost as good as a corner.Every Hearts out field player will know that Muzz played today,he was a machine.Pleased with performance/effort on that alone we will be up for the battle.

5 minutes ago, yahoorsir said:

Usual s*** . Kane had an excellent game today. Denied by the bar, a quality save and a good effort when reacting to a rebond. Might be worth watching the highlights before spouting your usual negative guff.

Yes I am disappointed at the result too but the fact is that we did play well today. On another day we could easily have been 2-0 up.

I was having a go at Random rather than Kane. I am one of his biggest fans & as I tend do ,have had a go at Tommy for playing Macca ahead of him.

Saints were fantastic today. Willock looks a great addition, Kane looks twice the player we let go in august and Muzz is a monster. We outplayed hearts today and were extremely unlucky not to win the game. The reason the forum, @HertsAgain, has been happy clapper central the last few years is because we've won a Scottish cup and finished fourth three years running. What an utterly bizarre criticism to make.

20 minutes ago, Saline Saint said:

Other than the first minute of the second half I didn't feel Hearts carried much threat atoll.

The pitch was terrible and I wondered if nimble footed Scougal would have thrived when bigger more cumbersome guys struggled to Keep their footing but if he is recovering from injury I suposse it could have been risky.Foster played well,Matty on a decent surface will run a mock with some teams,why do we not see more of Joe's big throws it's almost as good as a corner.Every Hearts out field player will know that Muzz played today,he was a machine.Pleased with performance/effort on that alone we will be up for the battle.

Re-Muzz. Number of fouls made ON him when he nicked the ball ahead of his opponenents, yet went unpunished by an inept Ref. Performance was a joke.

No wonder he is on the injury list so often.

What a relief to read some of the most recent posts. @Saline Saint @Ali91

Pleased with and enjoyed Saints' performance today and I think the fact that the vast majority of the support stayed to applaud the team from the park is telling, as is the man of the match award being given to the home goalkeeper.

Wouldn't pick a failure for Saints and hopefully we can reach a similar level on Tuesday night and get our rewards.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Yeah,getting my games mixed up. Not sure why we would have an injured player on the bench & let Paton go & not even bench Midge.

Not like you to be so positive Random.

As my fellow malcontent Ghostie says ,it is not about today ,its about losing 6 points to the likes of Dundee ,Patrick,Killie etc.

Everyones frustrated about those losses, and the home form in general. Starting line up today contained seven changes from the Partick line up, surely thats enough of a turnaround to give this new line up a chance before utterly slaughtering it.

Today I seen a midfield and attack with (almost) every one comfortable on the ball and making forward movements, thats a complete reverse to the static pish thats been served up before. To me that points at a better team to the first half of the season, and thats why Im positive about the performance. The team against Partick/Dundee didnt give me any hope of points, that team today does.

31 minutes ago, tucker said:

From what I heard on the radio saints were very unlucky, hopefully get a win against well and start us climbing the table,think Dundee and  Hamilton will struggle most second part of the season

Agree with what you heard on the radio.

Saints WERE the better team over the 90+ mins. How it was 0-0 at halftime was down to poor finishing, as a 2-0 lead would have been justified.

Never have I seen Saints having so many opportunities at Tynie to score.

There is an old adage, "goals win matches" and so it proved.

Roll on the Cup game.

1 hour ago, PanamaSaint said:

What you back for, thought we had manage to lose you.

What like the  hundreds of other regulars who used to frequent WAP but who  have also pissed off??  Yip, business is booming in this forum right enough.  Most of the realists have  binned it , leaving it for the nutters to  run..  The Loonies have indeed taken over the asylum...  ;-)

1 hour ago, Jiangsu Sainty said:

Ghosties posts in here have been some of the most embarrassing in the history of this forum, and that's saying something. 

This place really is the pits. 

Embarrassing??  Why?? Because I can see what's happening and  am not prepared like you to bury my head up my own arse..  Jog on ****witt..

23 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Agree with what you heard on the radio.

Saints WERE the better team over the 90+ mins. How it was 0-0 at halftime was down to poor finishing, as a 2-0 lead would have been justified.

Never have I seen Saints having so many opportunities at Tynie to score.

There is an old adage, "goals win matches" and so it proved.

Roll on the Cup game.

Still have McMillan to come back him and Kane maybe the answer, heard Kane was unlucky today, good thing is we are  creating chances only a matter of time

19 minutes ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

What like the  hundreds of other regulars who used to frequent WAP but who  have also pissed off??  Yip, business is booming in this forum right enough.  Most of the realists have  binned it , leaving it for the nutters to  run..  The Loonies have indeed taken over the asylum...  ;-)

1 hour ago, Ali91 said:

Saints were fantastic today. Willock looks a great addition, Kane looks twice the player we let go in august and Muzz is a monster. We outplayed hearts today and were extremely unlucky not to win the game. The reason the forum, @HertsAgain, has been happy clapper central the last few years is because we've won a Scottish cup and finished fourth three years running. What an utterly bizarre criticism to make.

Not in the camp that says Willock is a GREAT addition to the squad.

He probably wondered what the hell am I doing here.

What I witnessed was, given a few starts, I expect him to kick on.

1 hour ago, croc said:

Hearts keeper MOM.! a well deserved choice.! It was a truly disappointing result after a very decent performance.! They worked their socks off when we went down to ten men.! thats all I ever ask for from the Saintees.!

Puzzled as to why the keeper got MOM.

Both keepers were in general untroubled.

Doesn't say a lot about the outfield players.

Roll on next week.

Coys.

1 minute ago, croc said:

What are you going to do with yerself now after 13.500 odd posts give or take 500 and odd.! you used to be so enthusiastic when we were winning.!?LAUGH OUT LOUD

I was enthusiastic whether we were winning or not to be fair. And if we end up back in the diddy league, I will still buy my season ticket and I will still go to games. I am well used to our team being pish. They have been pish for much more of my life than they have been great. My frustration at this time is , like many, I have seen the demise of one of our finest sides ever and have seen very little done to  address it. We have done  brilliantly, but this season we seem to be returning to where we should be based on our financial muscle ( or lack off)  Do not be  mistaken into thinking that just because I am not happy with the side at the moment that my support of St.Johnstone is waining.. I will ALWAYS support the club. Those currently involved with the club , like it always has been, are only passing through.  They are never guaranteed my unconditional support. They have to earn it on a seasonal basis. I am very greatful for what has  happened in the past but it's all about the now and also the future.  I refuse to say everything is dandy if I think it is not. I am a realist. It is my opinion.. Some  people accept that, some cannot. It's a forum, it's to be expected.. My enthusiasm for WAP is almost dead though, and if it was not for the prediction league, i think I would not visit the site. Why is that?? well  as we grow older, we find other things to do, our patience with bollocks  lessens and time becomes a little more precious..    I will always be a Saintee whether it's in the top league or the  bottom league.  ;-)

6 minutes ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

I was enthusiastic whether we were winning or not to be fair. And if we end up back in the diddy league, I will still buy my season ticket and I will still go to games. I am well used to our team being pish. They have been pish for much more of my life than they have been great. My frustration at this time is , like many, I have seen the demise of one of our finest sides ever and have seen very little done to  address it. We have done  brilliantly, but this season we seem to be returning to where we should be based on our financial muscle ( or lack off)  Do not be  mistaken into thinking that just because I am not happy with the side at the moment that my support of St.Johnstone is waining.. I will ALWAYS support the club. Those currently involved with the club , like it always has been, are only passing through.  They are never guaranteed my unconditional support. They have to earn it on a seasonal basis. I am very greatful for what has  happened in the past but it's all about the now and also the future.  I refuse to say everything is dandy if I think it is not. I am a realist. It is my opinion.. Some  people accept that, some cannot. It's a forum, it's to be expected.. My enthusiasm for WAP is almost dead though, and if it was not for the prediction league, i think I would not visit the site. Why is that?? well  as we grow older, we find other things to do, our patience with bollocks  lessens and time becomes a little more precious..    I will always be a Saintee whether it's in the top league or the  bottom league.  ;-)

You pissed ? Well said bud . Wasn’t there today but My prediction is we turn those Jambo cunts over next week . Mon then .

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Everyones frustrated about those losses, and the home form in general. Starting line up today contained seven changes from the Partick line up, surely thats enough of a turnaround to give this new line up a chance before utterly slaughtering it.

Today I seen a midfield and attack with (almost) every one comfortable on the ball and making forward movements, thats a complete reverse to the static pish thats been served up before. To me that points at a better team to the first half of the season, and thats why Im positive about the performance. The team against Partick/Dundee didnt give me any hope of points, that team today does.

Did not have problem with the lineup, just the personnel. Would have had Gordon for Ando, Comrie for Foster & Scougall for Wotherspoon.

If fit.