Heart's v St Johnstone 03/02/18

tucker

Not going to lose too much sleep over this result. If we had ten more points on the board already folk wouldn't even bat an eyelid as long as we played well. The fact we've been sucked into this relegation battle is making everyone nervous. For as long as we are playing well i have faith we will be fine. Up until this week we've been brutal though so going to take this one as a positive because we played well.

51 minutes ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

I was enthusiastic whether we were winning or not to be fair. And if we end up back in the diddy league, I will still buy my season ticket and I will still go to games. I am well used to our team being pish. They have been pish for much more of my life than they have been great. My frustration at this time is , like many, I have seen the demise of one of our finest sides ever and have seen very little done to  address it. We have done  brilliantly, but this season we seem to be returning to where we should be based on our financial muscle ( or lack off)  Do not be  mistaken into thinking that just because I am not happy with the side at the moment that my support of St.Johnstone is waining.. I will ALWAYS support the club. Those currently involved with the club , like it always has been, are only passing through.  They are never guaranteed my unconditional support. They have to earn it on a seasonal basis. I am very greatful for what has  happened in the past but it's all about the now and also the future.  I refuse to say everything is dandy if I think it is not. I am a realist. It is my opinion.. Some  people accept that, some cannot. It's a forum, it's to be expected.. My enthusiasm for WAP is almost dead though, and if it was not for the prediction league, i think I would not visit the site. Why is that?? well  as we grow older, we find other things to do, our patience with bollocks  lessens and time becomes a little more precious..    I will always be a Saintee whether it's in the top league or the  bottom league.  ;-)

Much more nicely put in this post than your previous one.! 

1 hour ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

I was enthusiastic whether we were winning or not to be fair. And if we end up back in the diddy league, I will still buy my season ticket and I will still go to games. I am well used to our team being pish. They have been pish for much more of my life than they have been great. My frustration at this time is , like many, I have seen the demise of one of our finest sides ever and have seen very little done to  address it. We have done  brilliantly, but this season we seem to be returning to where we should be based on our financial muscle ( or lack off)  Do not be  mistaken into thinking that just because I am not happy with the side at the moment that my support of St.Johnstone is waining.. I will ALWAYS support the club. Those currently involved with the club , like it always has been, are only passing through.  They are never guaranteed my unconditional support. They have to earn it on a seasonal basis. I am very greatful for what has  happened in the past but it's all about the now and also the future.  I refuse to say everything is dandy if I think it is not. I am a realist. It is my opinion.. Some  people accept that, some cannot. It's a forum, it's to be expected.. My enthusiasm for WAP is almost dead though, and if it was not for the prediction league, i think I would not visit the site. Why is that?? well  as we grow older, we find other things to do, our patience with bollocks  lessens and time becomes a little more precious..    I will always be a Saintee whether it's in the top league or the  bottom league.  ;-)

Agree with this, was your attack on tommy and the players i thought a bit harsh after they played their heart out with entertaining football.

I'm still on the camp of Tommy, who I think does a hell of a job with what he is given to work with. I continue to be disappointed in our chairman's lack of vision and missed opportunities last few years to kick the club forward.

2 hours ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

Heres me thinking you were in saints heaven

Feel gutted not to have gotten anything out of that game, best and most committed performance I've seen in quite a while. Aware some are questioning selections but felt the system worked well and Foster played very well. Not a failure amongt  them even subs did well esp Alston. Matty looks like a very promising player, Muzz best I've seen in a while colossal show. Gave me some hope for the rest of the season same 11 next time please with Stef in for Spoony

4 hours ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

What like the  hundreds of other regulars who used to frequent WAP but who  have also pissed off??  Yip, business is booming in this forum right enough.  Most of the realists have  binned it , leaving it for the nutters to  run..  The Loonies have indeed taken over the asylum...  ;-)

I always thought I was normal.

5 hours ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

What like the  hundreds of other regulars who used to frequent WAP but who  have also pissed off??  Yip, business is booming in this forum right enough.  Most of the realists have  binned it

Now this one of your posts I can get behind. This once great forum is near abandoned, frequented primarily by the same five or six morons who spoil it for everyone (of which you are only one today). 

Personally I vote that to save JB some cash and the rest of us from computer/phone viruses we just set the whole thing on fire and be done with it. 

Cheerio WAP - it's been utterly shite knowing you. 

I understand that for 80% of our fans, they only get to see the team at home and performances and results haven't been good enough but in terms of picking a battle, going off on one following yesterday will seem odd timing to the fans who were at Tynecastle.

Saints have been very good on the road for the past year (10 wins and 2 draws from 19 games I believe) and there is little in our away performances that needs altered.

And we know exactly what needs to change at home, we need to stop conceding early first goals that put us under pressure. I agree it's past the stage of making excuses for it and needs rectified but yesterday's performance didn't merit the reaction its received in some quarters.

One of the things that I've noticed about away games is the difference in attitude of the Saints support.At away games the support is right behind the team and there is generally a really good atmosphere.At home games there are so many negative shouts that it must get to the players(Graham Cummins alluded to this before he left)..I can't be the only one who has told someone to shut up when all I have heard from them are negative shouts all game..A few years ago it was Midge that got it every time he touched the ball recently it has been Cummins and now Ando and Spoony..These guys must dread setting foot on the pitch at home.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

Guest ScottMann

I'm surprised at the lack of comments about losing a goal so early in the second half. If it had been the first half then there would have been even more meltdowns but as we didn't concede during the first 20 minutes it seems it can be overlooked. Surely losing a goal so soon after leaving the dressing room is as big an issue no matter which half it happens in?

19 hours ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

You will still be saying this as we disappear into the ****ing Championship. The only ****ing thing that matters now is POINTS and we aint getting any AGAIN. Previously at least we have picked up some points on the road but now, that's not happening. 3 point of the play-off spot and 6 points of the straight doon position.  Wright can **** off and he can take  Spoony and all the other useless cunts with him.

Really cannot see why you would post this after yesterdays performance. Last week yes or some of the other performances yes, but to wait until after probably one of their best performances of the season to post this is incredible.

On the match, can't believe we have come away form that with no points. Played Hearts off the pitch in the first half and if it was not for a lapse in concentration and a (was going to say ref, but don't know whether you can legitimately call him that) man in black with some crazy decisions then we would have.

Oh and those questioning Tommy's comments last week, I think he backed that up again today with the fact that Ando was the one hooked when he went to a 4 at the back. A few months ago that would have never happened. 

Edited by mainstand

Having just watched the game on Alba cannot for the life of me wonder how we did not win the match , pitch didn't help and we just don't get the run of the ball, some of Dallas decesions were baffling how Smith was not red carded for kicking out at McLean was baffling, we matched them all over the pitch and out played them a team who's budget is miles ahead of us.

Also for people to come on and absolutely slaughter Saints after that performance should look at there selves maybe be better fecking off and go shopping wae the missus on a Saturday

37 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Having just watched the game on Alba cannot for the life of me wonder how we did not win the match , pitch didn't help and we just don't get the run of the ball, some of Dallas decesions were baffling how Smith was not red carded for kicking out at McLean was baffling, we matched them all over the pitch and out played them a team who's budget is miles ahead of us.

Also for people to come on and absolutely slaughter Saints after that performance should look at there selves maybe be better fecking off and go shopping wae the missus on a Saturday

Now now don’t wish that on Gordon’s wife:laugh:

23 hours ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

Having tread this again it is a bit of a self penned "Testimonial"  ! p.s. nobody has ever doubted that you are a Saints fan but you are totally out of order with the descriptions of fans who still have faith in TW and the team.! we are entitled to see the glass as half full if we choose to do that .! in essence you are unhappy that many of us still have a positive attitude to the situation. I wont go over the various crap you have meted out to fans who dont see it Your Way.!As others have said yesterday was not the best day for yer nasty post after a great showing from the team.! of course you are entitled to your negative opinion .but you should not get so annoyed when people express the positives.! which IMO is what supporting your team is All About.!

7 hours ago, croc said:

Having tread this again it is a bit of a self penned "Testimonial"  ! p.s. nobody has ever doubted that you are a Saints fan but you are totally out of order with the descriptions of fans who still have faith in TW and the team.! we are entitled to see the glass as half full if we choose to do that .! in essence you are unhappy that many of us still have a positive attitude to the situation. I wont go over the various crap you have meted out to fans who dont see it Your Way.!As others have said yesterday was not the best day for yer nasty post after a great showing from the team.! of course you are entitled to your negative opinion .but you should not get so annoyed when people express the positives.! which IMO is what supporting your team is All About.!

Maybe you are right. .

Watched the game on Alba over the weekend and have to say I found Saints very impressive - Kane looks like a player transformed (he wouldn't have even tried that volley previously, let alone pull it off so confidentally), Tanser looked capable of being a real threat down the left, Willock displayed some great passing (I like the way he calmly looks around before choosing his pass - there's not enough of that in Scottish football), and Davidson throwing himself around all over the place gave our midfield some real bite. I'm looking forward to seeing McMillan and Williams being added in to what we had on Saturday.

Not sure if that makes me a realist or a pessimist or an optimist. It's just what I saw.

Can totally understand people's disappointment at yet another defeat, but some of the stuff on this thread is really disrespectful and unnecessary. Tommy's made changes and brought in younger players, just like we all wanted him to, and the signs so far have been promising - we need to give that a chance and get behind him and the team. Getting on people's backs is going to achieve absolutely nothing at this stage. In fact it'll probably make things worse.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Watched the game on Alba over the weekend and have to say I found Saints very impressive - Kane looks like a player transformed (he wouldn't have even have tried that volley previously, let alone pull it off so confidentally), Tanser looked capable of being a real threat down the left, Willock displayed some great passing (I like the way he calmly looks around before choosing his pass - there's not enough of that in Scottish football), and Davidson throwing himself around all over the place gave our midfield some real bite. I'm looking forward to seeing McMillan and Williams being added in to what we had on Saturday.

Not sure if that makes me a realist or a pessimist or an optimist. It's just what I saw.

Can totally understand people's disappointment at yet another defeat, but some of the stuff on this thread is really disrespectful and unnecessary. Tommy's made changes and brought in younger players, just like we all wanted him to, and the signs so far have been promising - we need to give that a chance and get behind him and the team. Getting on people's backs is going to achieve absolutely nothing at this stage. In fact it'll probably make things worse.

I agree

17 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Only seen the highlights but we've looked less dangerous going forward in games we've actually won! 

Lots of positives although tragic defending for the goal.

Again.

Where were the highlights normally have a link for sportsound but nothing there ??, what did the panel have to say about the game / Dallas