MOTHERWELL AWAY TUESDAY

byebyedundee

Squeaky him time but not unexpected the way we have been playing this season.

When I saw he started with McLean I had the fear. That guy has contributed very little this season & gets slower by the game.

Tommy just won't give up on the old guys that have done so much for him but time catches up on us all.

Some of the decisions & selections he had made this season better believe .

Things look bleak.

Dundee look a good side on occasion, and have got very  little for the football they have played...but there appears to be enough about them to pull through.

The county result at Dens last week was ominous for the rest, a talented charismatic manager with a clutch of new players they too have something to work with.

This leaves Hamilton and Thistle.  Hamilton are built to scrap for points, and do, thistle and saints can't seem to get out of the bit.  Although thistle have managed to get off the bottom and are slowly building a reasonable home record since xmas.

A couple of wins would certainly ease the situation, as someone pointed out saints now face a run of top six fixtures, in a way, this suits saints, their best performances under TW are always against teams who press them and attack.   Tommy desperately needs a result, I hope he gets a few, and has the opportunity to rebuild the squad over the summer...he deserves that much.

24 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

In time for Saturday vs Hearts? Unlikely? The week after vs Celtic??

The St.Johnstone players trudged off the pitch with their heads down... says it all 

The next two games will not define our season though. I was meaning more in the long run

Wright only said he would bring in the young guys after the Partick game because it was against a 3rd tier team. He reverted to type against Hearts & went even further back against Motherwell.

Gordon is a strong guy & good in the air & Comrie is comfortable on the ball & has pace.

I hate evening games everybody is away to their kip and I’m left sitting here greetin on my own. The wife’s going to be home fae her work in an hour and a half and I can just hear her!!!!Saints got beat again darling!!! Me how can you tell sweetie her !!!cause you’ve been crying again.!! Canadians don’t say greetin                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Our games against County and Dundee are the only ones that matter pre-split, the rest should just be written off. Post split you're looking at a game against Hamilton to decide who gets 11th and who gets 12th. Then it'll be Dundee United in the Play-Off.

The way the missus has been describing United's performances this season, I wouldn't bank on it being them...

TW sounded pretty despondent (from what I could make out) on the radio tonight. I really don't know if this is the end of the road, but I can't see "bulletproof" sitting on his hands for too much longer... despite his spending on 'infrastructure' when we should have being spending on building a new squad, along with his continued bloody-mindedness being 50% of the problems that are now manifesting themselves.

Has TW got what it takes to pull us through this season? I'm beginning to doubt it, but then again I'm also doubting a chairman who spends only a couple of days a week at the club.

Think the minute the team sheets came out tonight I think everyone was worried about how tonight was going to go, First 30 minutes or so were fairly equal then Well got a foothold on the game and went from strength to strength. They changed things slightly at half time and matched us up man for man and it made the difference. Second half was utterly diabolical from us the worst 45 minutes I've seen from us especially away from home for quite some time, we were extremely lucky not to come away on the end of a bigger defeat. Main could have easily had a hat-trick before he inevitably scored their second which came around due to absolutely abysmal defending. Like for like subs and no change in shape from Wright meant the game just fizzled out as Motherwell comfortably strolled to the 3 points. Mannus played reasonably well had a very good save to deny Main when through one on one, Kerr looked as though he could go on to cement himself as a leading centre back for us with another good display and Kano worked tirelessly upfront. Muzza looked as though the efforts of Saturday caught up with him as he struggled throughout the second half and Macca was extremely poor until replaced by Denny. All in all a very very poor display and with a difficult run of games ahead confidence seemed extremely low as the players trudged off at half time with their heads held low. 

Well think that result more or less confirms our fate. I would take a play off place right now if offered. Can't blame TW for the injury to MacMillan but that could be critical. Don't know how good he is but he will miss a large portion of the remaining games meaning our striker situation has not improved other than Kane returning. Williams our other hope is also crocked and we won't get the best out of him for several weeks regardless. Our January window has been a disaster but TW chasing after MOH and Swanson was a joke and says it all about his lack of vision and contacts within the game. I'm going to Tynecastle on Sat more out of hope than expectation sadly. 

2 minutes ago, tucker said:

Seen levein and mcphee outside whilst heading home ten minutes early, must of laughed all the way home after that poor performance, Tommy needs to bring back midge,stop leaking easy goals again, everyone was poor tonight we are looking crap again

Obviously there was nothing decent on the telly tonight.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Our games against County and Dundee are the only ones that matter pre-split, the rest should just be written off. Post split you're looking at a game against Hamilton to decide who gets 11th and who gets 12th. Then it'll be Dundee United in the Play-Off.

Strange logic still to play Hamilton before the split and lets just not bother our arses in the other games when he clearly need any points we can get. 

Based on second half tonight won't get many points, joe and ando were a shambles in the defence, Alston and macca waste of jerseys, Kane had to do the running for two up front.

Beginning to think Wright has lost the dressing room as nothing changes every week, bar the odd gd performance., then back to the same shit, worrying times 

TW's BBC interview is as downbeat and lacking in hope that I've ever seen from him. He clearly has run out of ideas and he looks a beaten man. I do feel it's nearing the end for his tenure but can Saints afford to sack him? Will SB act now or wait until end of season. My feeling is that he will gamble on us staying up and stick with him. 

5 minutes ago, Gas Monkey said:

TW's BBC interview is as downbeat and lacking in hope that I've ever seen from him. He clearly has run out of ideas and he looks a beaten man. I do feel it's nearing the end for his tenure but can Saints afford to sack him? Will SB act now or wait until end of season. My feeling is that he will gamble on us staying up and stick with him. 

Can't afford to sack him financially . Brown will also get stick from msm for sacking *one of the best managers in the league*.

Personally I think he is missing his homeland.

Down beat manager after another defeat. Not surprised. At least he isn't chirpy like Owen Coyle that goes onto to repeat each week that things will turn soon... but never do.

Would prefer he was downbeat after tonight's defeat.  Doesnt say end of the road for him but surely does mean end of the road for some players at this club.  Keep plugging away and massive rebuild invest in summer if we keep top flight status otherwise cut the cloth and be forced to play youth only.

Edited by Dave H

Tommy deserves every chance to keep us in the league.

If we go down he deserves the chance to get us back up.

Who out there could do a better job?

Nobody I'd be very excited about.

If Tommy has lost the dressing room as some folk say then it's the players that should be punted as they are clearly shitebags. Especially when you consider what they've achieved under him and how loyal he's been to them.

You reap what you sow,Basically the lack of money put into the squad is catching up with us now .                                                Infrastructure 1 Saints 0

Edited by saintee in exile

5 minutes ago, saintee in exile said:

Infrastructure 1 Saints 0

Yet the car park is crumbling, the paint is peeling.

We sit with circ 3mil in the 'rainy day (sorry relegation) fund' Christ if we put a million or even £500K of that into the squad we would still be sitting pretty.

17kdjxvdqvygyjpg.jpg

Edited by Shaggy Jenkins

Hearts under Cathro were a bit like us but Levein (not my cup of tea) immediately replaced the goalie,brought in Berra and signed a goalscorer.

We lack someone in the Berra mould,not a fabulous player but a strong rugged defender who organises those around him,takes every goal conceded personally and is a Jambo through and through.We look more like Pat fenlons Hibs who slid down without a whimper. Someone on the park needs to take the lead and drive us on (like the late D Rutherford e.g.) Come on Saints lets see your bottle.