Sign in to follow this  
rik2304

Tommy Wright's position (title edited)

Recommended Posts

Really? Why would any Saints fan want this?

The options to replace him are tragically poor and would likely lead us into the wilderness for years to come.

He's simply the best manager that we've ever had and has led us to successes that we could scarcely imagine.

 

The lack of respect shown to him by too many fans is embarrassing.

Be very careful what you wish for imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are very few calling for his head, just a general concern about:

Our predictability 

Performances

Lowest scorers in league and our current form

Combined)
Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts
1 Aberdeen 6 4 1 1 11 5 6 13
2 Rangers 6 4 1 1 9 3 6 13
3 Celtic 6 4 1 1 8 3 5 13
4 Hibernian 6 3 2 1 6 4 2 11
5 Kilmarnock 6 3 2 1 8 7 1 11
6 Hearts 6 2 3 1 6 4 2 9
7 Motherwell 6 2 2 2 8 7 1 8
8 Partick Thistle 6 2 1 3 7 7 0 7
9 Dundee 6 2 1 3 6 9 -3 7
10 Hamilton 6 2 0 4 7 12 -5 6
11 Ross County 6 1 1 4 8 12 -4 4
12 St Johnstone 6 0 2 4 2 9 -7 2

League Table for this division

 

Sacking Tommy just now is not the answer imo. It's a terrible state we are in and we are all feeling it. Time to come together and that starts at the top. 

Big turnout by fans needed for Ross County.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it a lack of respect exactly. Did you see him out there today. He was lost. It's gone. We are a rudderless ship and he's the Captain. We have run aground. I will always be in his debt and the players who gave us the greatest day in our saints supporting lives but times change. Even if he did walk or was pushed, I don't think any of us will ever be anything less than supremely greatful and thankful. same goes with Macca, Ando and the rest but difficult decisions will have to be made. The very loyalty that is gonna cost TW his job ( sticking with players  when he should have either dropped or moved on) is what you seem to be demanding. TW came out and said himself that the time for loyalty was over ( sadly he failed after one game to stick to his word)..  The  Captain of the Titanic was the best captain they ever had but he still lost his ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a huge fallacy that the fans are gonna change ANYTHING. We had a fantastic support at Tynecastle today . The only people that are gonna change the current situation the club finds itself in are Bulletproof Broon, The Management team and the players. On this seasons showing it's hard to make  a case for that happening sadly.. Personally I don't want him sacked. I would much rather he walked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no doubt TW has lost his way, made some terrible decisions and been too loyal. He cut a terrible picture today when fans started abusing him and he looked over towards our end of the ground. He does not deserve that. Players are letting him down too. However he has taken us on a journey but it's over now and I want him to leave with dignity when the time comes. Steve Brown on the other hand is the real problem. Constantly talks the club down, arrogant and demonstrates no leadership of any worth. He makes supporting Saints a real chore and sucks the joy and optimism out of our great club with many ill judged and botched public comments and media interviews. Not a patch on his old man. Would prefer if he went instead of TW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gas Monkey said:

There is no doubt TW has lost his way, made some terrible decisions and been too loyal. He cut a terrible picture today when fans started abusing him and he looked over towards our end of the ground. He does not deserve that. Players are letting him down too. However he has taken us on a journey but it's over now and I want him to leave with dignity when the time comes. Steve Brown on the other hand is the real problem. Constantly talks the club down, arrogant and demonstrates no leadership of any worth. He makes supporting Saints a real chore and sucks the joy and optimism out of our great club with many ill judged and botched public comments and media interviews. Not a patch on his old man. Would prefer if he went instead of TW!

Enlighten us with who is going to replace him and how long our club would exist then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Enlighten us with who is going to replace him and how long our club would exist then?

Well I can't answer that question any more than you can but SB has made it pretty clear he wants out and does not want his kids being involved either so one way or another he will go. I feel he should be taking every bit as much flak as Tommy is taking just now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

I think it's a huge fallacy that the fans are gonna change ANYTHING. We had a fantastic support at Tynecastle today . The only people that are gonna change the current situation the club finds itself in are Bulletproof Broon, The Management team and the players. On this seasons showing it's hard to make  a case for that happening sadly.. Personally I don't want him sacked. I would much rather he walked.

Very true: fans can't win games.

The manager is partly responsible, but there were 11 + subs out there - IT IS THE PLAYERS WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE.

The players who are not respecting the club, manager, fans...........or they are not good enough.

There are fair few, perhaps half the team or more who will be gone in the summer. And there are golden boys who people need to stop being taken in by. Some players know how to play the fans, and have - and yet they are tired, old horses and in the last lap of their career on good money at Saints. 

CLEAROUT IN THE SUMMER ........THE PLAYERS GOT US IN THIS MESS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gas Monkey said:

Steve Brown on the other hand is the real problem. Constantly talks the club down, arrogant and demonstrates no leadership of any worth. He makes supporting Saints a real chore and sucks the joy and optimism out of our great club with many ill judged and botched public comments and media interviews. 

The Brown family own St Johnstone, with a ground (land) gifted to us.

The fans put the money through the tills. Perth gave them the club.

St Johnstone is a PLC, not a community club / charity //// his comments are that of a businessman. A 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something has to change sooner rather than later otherwise we will be relegated. I'd much rather Tommy brought in the young players like Gordon, Comrie etc than see him sacked. Week in week out he says the same thing after a defeat and yet we see the same players every week. He is going to ruin his name by sticking with the old guard. 

 

Bullet proof Biscuit tin Brown needs to take a long hard look at himself. Instead of giving Tommy a real platform to continually build and grow the squad he has fed him scraps, killed any feel good factor going at the club and just isn't a patch on his old man. 

Edited by saintj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont want TW sacked,however his post match speech is on loop.Im awfa dissapointit ! just doesnt cut it anymore.Pre match he highlighted Kyle Lafferty as the main danger,so, Either his tactics were poor or the chosen players could not or would not commit to them.Yes there has to be changes in personnel but the biggest change we need is in attitude.Leaking goals cheaply, a non creative midfield and strikers in dire form are a sure fire recipe for failure.Making mistakes is one thing,repeating them over and again is inexcusable....COYS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think no-one can realistically disagree that Tommy has been far to loyal/dependant on the old guard and lack of progression and introduction of young players has come home to haunt us this season. Whether that is down to him or the resources he is given to work with is another debate.

However, someone needs to point out to SB that ALL dictatorships, even if it is a part-time one, eventually fail. We are going backwards, and have been for a number of seasons.

What happened to the money spent on infrastructure instead of being invested in the side? I sure as hell can't see any improvements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Denzil said:

I think no-one can realistically disagree that Tommy has been far to loyal/dependant on the old guard and lack of progression and introduction of young players has come home to haunt us this season. Whether that is down to him or the resources he is given to work with is another debate.

However, someone needs to point out to SB that ALL dictatorships, even if it is a part-time one, eventually fail. We are going backwards, and have been for a number of seasons.

What happened to the money spent on infrastructure instead of being invested in the side? I sure as hell can't see any improvements.

We could have the best infrastructure in the Championship though....Lack of money available for decent players and a lack of willingness to play the young team..some of the older players are just becoming an embarrassment and look like they have lost the will to fight for the club..lets get some passion back here before its too late

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think all is well at McDiarmid. Don't know if Wright has lost the dressing room but the substitution of Miller after 26 mins would not help.

It may have been tactical ,which I would hope it was but if so it is an admission that he chose the wrong starting eleven.

The change didn't help & why would it by bringing on another of his many dud signings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimmy Fleming said:

Stick or twist - that's the million dollar decision - one which only the board will decide.

By the board you mean Steve "I make all the decisions and don't have to listen to anyone" Brown!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this