Tommy Wright's position (title edited)

rik2304

15 minutes ago, compol said:

And costing a pretty penny. 

And just because he's an old pro, cup final, 10 year vet of SJFC..... we are not getting value for money from him,

We could get two players for his wages.

Too many people get moist for certain players - face facts: THE CLUB COMES FIRST, ALL PLAYERS ARE MERELY EMPLOYEES

As a matter of interested how do you know what midge's wages are,even if you could get 2 players for his wages I know they would not be good,professional or have his leadership and organisational qualities 

Just to clarify it was not me that said Derry was a carthorse. 

3 hours ago, compol said:

Loads of folk truly moist about Chris Millar..... a 35 year old, deemed by the manager not to be the future of the club, or good enough to maintain a starting berth.

But because he's been around a while, he's untouchable.

The guy is on the way out..... and is causing trouble meantime....with his "leadership".

10 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Loads of folk truly moist about Chris Millar..... a 35 year old, deemed by the manager not to be the future of the club, or good enough to maintain a starting berth.

The guy is on the way out..... and is causing trouble meantime....with his "leadership".

what trouble is he causing?

5 minutes ago, 541ntees said:

You'd need to ask TW why he took Midge off but i would describe someone who didnt always put in 100% effort but could add a bit of magic to a game - that certainly is not Midge!

Luckily someone already did ask TW - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2221652/tommy-wright-chris-millar-st-johnstone-hearts-attitude-hooked/

Wright said: “Chris Millar is a member of the squad like anyone else, and obviously he wasn’t happy about coming off so early.

“That’s a good thing in my book. I don’t want players smiling when they are taken off.

“I made the change because Chris is a defensive midfielder, and it was a Cup game we wanted to win.

“Would I have made a change so early in a league game? Probably not.

“But I wanted another striker on after going a goal down early on.

“Millar has a big part to play here between now and the end of the season. He has been told that.

“I know what Millar will do for me and for the team. I am here to make decisions, and there is no problem with Chris Millar.”

2 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Luckily someone already did ask TW - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2221652/tommy-wright-chris-millar-st-johnstone-hearts-attitude-hooked/

Wright said: “Chris Millar is a member of the squad like anyone else, and obviously he wasn’t happy about coming off so early.

“That’s a good thing in my book. I don’t want players smiling when they are taken off.

“I made the change because Chris is a defensive midfielder, and it was a Cup game we wanted to win.

“Would I have made a change so early in a league game? Probably not.

“But I wanted another striker on after going a goal down early on.

“Millar has a big part to play here between now and the end of the season. He has been told that.

“I know what Millar will do for me and for the team. I am here to make decisions, and there is no problem with Chris Millar.”

so not because hes a luxury player then

13 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Nobody said he was untouchable. Folk are saying he wasn't the worst player and there were others that could have come off. The manager saw it otherwise which is fine, it's his call.

Hes still a very effective player for us, whether he's here long term or not. He ran the game at Ibrox when we won 3-1, one of his few starts, and our best result of the season.

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Nobody said he was untouchable. Folk are saying he wasn't the worst player and there were others that could have come off. The manager saw it otherwise which is fine, it's his call.

Hes still a very effective player for us, whether he's here long term or not. He ran the game at Ibrox when we won 3-1, one of his few starts, and our best result of the season.

Fair enough.  

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

How about TW being moved to the new DoF role with Callum and Clelland or Macca taking over the managerial/coaching roles? That would allow TW's legendary status to remain mostly intact.

What is this Director of football role Saintdunc? I must have missed this announcement?  

2 hours ago, Center Half said:

What is this Director of football role Saintdunc? I must have missed this announcement?  

6 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

How about TW being moved to the new DoF role with Callum and Clelland or Macca taking over the managerial/coaching roles? That would allow TW's legendary status to remain mostly intact.

I take it you are thinking that a director of football role could take on the recruitment role that TW has talked about. 

Tommy old pal Steve loans is still unemployed maybe he could do the recruitment role. 

Edited by mainstand