Celtic v St Johnstone 18/02/18 3pm

tucker

2 hours ago, saintcraigieboy said:

Was much better yesterday. Defence was better, ando played better alongside Kerr. Foster had a decent game. Even joe did alright but worried long term with him at right back. 

As said We are better away from home when we don’t have to try and break teams down. 

Macca was the weakest link yesterday, and if foster hadn’t got injured would have hoped macca would have been subbed, as their defence was there to be got at. 

I was surprised he played Macca When playing the likes of Celtic you need someone up top with pace & good hold up play to play on the break.

14 hours ago, mainstand said:

Has TW said anything about this? NO not as far as I see which would suggest he has no issue with it and may actually agree,.

One thing the result does prove is that Saints gt the best results away from home when they do not have to force the game,

What TW has said will have been done with dignity behind closed doors and not in public to try and cover his own shortcomings.

16 hours ago, mainstand said:

Has TW said anything about this? NO not as far as I see which would suggest he has no issue with it and may actually agree,.

One thing the result does prove is that Saints gt the best results away from home when they do not have to force the game,

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tommy-wright-shrugs-brendan-rodgers-12054204

"Tommy Wright shrugs off Brendan Rodgers dig at St Johnstone stars and insists he took it as a COMPLIMENT"

13 hours ago, Cagey said:

I was surprised he played Macca When playing the likes of Celtic you need someone up top with pace & good hold up play to play on the break.

Agreed.

It did feel a bit like the old guard, when the teams were announced, but to be fair it worked.

Macca brings a lot of experience to the team, but unfortunately the feet aren't doing what the head wants it to now, and it is painful to watch, especially in a struggling team

7 hours ago, garydavidson said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tommy-wright-shrugs-brendan-rodgers-12054204

"Tommy Wright shrugs off Brendan Rodgers dig at St Johnstone stars and insists he took it as a COMPLIMENT"

I read it as a compliment. What Brenda was trying to say was that our team skill set was without question very good and that it was a mental block that was making us go on a downward spiral. He could have possibly put is slightly better, but no doubt it was a compliment to both Tommy and the team.

On 20/02/2018 at 6:29 PM, PanamaSaint said:

I read it as a compliment. What Brenda was trying to say was that our team skill set was without question very good and that it was a mental block that was making us go on a downward spiral. He could have possibly put is slightly better, but no doubt it was a compliment to both Tommy and the team.

He did also state that Tommy was a first/top class manager before he said the rest but maybe that was to give him a bit of cover.!? If only he could get his own team to turn up in european games.!