St Johnstone v Ross County 3pm 24/02/18

tucker

Good performance needed again please saints, hopefully Easton and McMillan fit to change things about, Ross County will come here full of energy Owen Coyle always tries to instill in to his team,I wouldn't change the team to much from the team that drew against Celtic, possible bring in Easton and Kane with McMillan on the bench, COYS

Two teams who are playing below expectations. Both teams capable of winning this match. Both teams due a win. Really hope we get the first spectacle of the season, at home, and win at ease.  But that's optimistic!

Should have had a blue fans day to drum up some talk around the community and schools for this..  bring your kid along and you get one adult in for free.  Free balloons and flags... kicking free footballs into the stand.. Free popcorn for every person in the Ormond. And most importantly free (3) points.

Hope the players give us something to cheer on!

3 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Right the players have done there bit now it's time for Perthshire to get behind the team am up in Perth at the moment  but have to get back to Manchester in a couple of days or I would have been there.

:lol:

Right aw ****, get yer arses to the fitba, nae excuses.

I'll no be there though, canny make it.

Big game for County but it is for St Johnstone too, so no excuses for the Saints players to be found wanting on that front.  We're not in a situation where we have an established strongest team so the manager has to get his selection right.

Home form has been diabolical since October but in too many of the games we've conceded a cheap early goal that's put us on the back foot. Need to give ourselves a chance here by starting strongly, as County will be well aware of the starts other sides have made and the platform it's given them.

If Brian Easton gets another run for the U20s  today then hopefully he'll be available. McMillan making the bench could be a boost too.

As pivotal a game at this end of the table as Saints have had at this stage of the season since Hibernian at Easter Road in 2002. Thankfully we don't need to play Ludovic Roy in goal this time though.

We haven't seen a decent Saints performance in Perth for ages; I for one believe that it is not lost on the team how big this is. If we win there is clear daylight between us and the bottom sides going in to the Telly match against 'them' and then we have the chance to create some breathing space with another huge game against Hamilton. It's time to stand up and be counted and if we play with the intensity of defending we did at Parkhead we should be fine.

I think Tommy will have them fired up and that wee arse Dow is in the opposition who strung us along before jumping to County. Get in and ram it up them!

3 hours ago, supersaintee said:

If we can win this one and the game against Hamilton then I couldn't give a **** how we get on v Rangers. Although 3 home wins in a week would go a long way to making up for the garbage we've been watching since the last Hamilton home game...

We have only had 3 home wins this season & they were early on so hopefully we can kickstart our season again.

5 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Owen Coyle quote “ once we’ve got to the bones of it there will be something to say” 

Think he had spelled “ bones” incorrectly! 

Just as well we don’t have our old sponsors Low & Bonar on our shirts any more that would be to much to take for Gardyne. 

No chance Ross County getting Macrae & d*** as a sponsor.

It will be bad enough, if he gets to play on Saturday that we are advertising Alan Stotter Cars!