St Johnstone v Ross County 3pm 24/02/18

tucker

It's hard to judge our lads when County were so poor.

Ando looked much more like his old self alongside Kerr and I much prefer Joe at right back to Forster.

Millar changes the whole dynamic of our team and allowed Davidson to have a very good game. Alston and Spoony worked hard on the wings.

For me the star man was Chris Kane. He has added another dimension to his game. He must of spent a fair bit of time in the gym, because all of a sudden he is willing and able to give bigger centre backs a hard time. His link up play was very intelligent and if McMillan has a bit of pace and is willing to try to make a run on the last man then we could have a half decent partnership.

Well done lads. A much deserved three points.

6 hours ago, SlickDT said:

It's hard to judge our lads when County were so poor.

Ando looked much more like his old self alongside Kerr and I much prefer Joe at right back to Forster.

Millar changes the whole dynamic of our team and allowed Davidson to have a very good game. Alston and Spoony worked hard on the wings.

For me the star man was Chris Kane. He has added another dimension to his game. He must of spent a fair bit of time in the gym, because all of a sudden he is willing and able to give bigger centre backs a hard time. His link up play was very intelligent and if McMillan has a bit of pace and is willing to try to make a run on the last man then we could have a half decent partnership.

Well done lads. A much deserved three points.

Was just about to post exactly this! Very noticeable today too that they players seemed to be more relaxed and playing with a smile on their faces. (Maybe the joy of not having to listen to the winging fanny that is Foster).

Ando much like his old self. We looked great all over the park and as above Kane looks to have added a physical side to his game, but also he’s being much more clever in where he positions himself.

County are so bad, I think they will ensure we get playoffs at worst this season. Souter for all positive noises you hear about him is utter garbage. So slow and cannot pass to save himself. If we can take something from Rangers, then what looked like a poor month, might actually end on a bit of a high.

Much more like watching the saints of old.

Enjoyable game. Ando was immense but I have to credit Kerr too who absolutely strolled it. Calm, composed, dominant. Very mature defender. 

In Midfield Millar gave a platform for Davidson to be his marauding best. Won every tackle and drove at county all day. Amazing display. 

Up top better link play from Macca and Kane was very good, powerful and played a great reverse for Muzz and the second goal.

There were spells in the game where we actually passed it and put some nice moves together, shows we are capable.

As for County? Terrible.

15 minutes ago, Widge said:

The grin on Chris Millar’s face after he’s flicked the ball over his head and beaten two men was glorious. Right in front of us, it was glorious to see and if the players are back enjoying football then that’s the best thing for the team. 

That was brilliant ,if not meant. Ando  also did something that made us laugh,non more so than himself who had a grin on his face for ages.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

That's like rating which shite is tastier. 

Anyone any clue why County got a free kick in the second half for no reason? The one where we had possession on the left wing, and he randomly blew and gave them a free kick in their box? Bizarre stuff

From where I was sitting in the main stand it appeared to be the 4th official that gave it. A truly awful refereeing team overall there.

What a smashing win.  Everyone in the media lamenting about  County's  poor  showing; did we we press them in to this performance or are they really this bad? A couple weeks back I know a few Dees fan who were saying Ross would miss the drop.  Lots of points still to play for but if we keep this focus we should miss the danger of getting dragged in to any trouble.

14 hours ago, Widge said:

The grin on Chris Millar’s face after he’s flicked the ball over his head and beaten two men was glorious. Right in front of us, it was glorious to see and if the players are back enjoying football then that’s the best thing for the team. 

or the grin on Maccas face when he knew Curran was about to receive a red