St Johnstone v Ross County 3pm 24/02/18

tucker

That is one of the worst teams I've ever seen in the top flight.  County are going down.  Owen Coyle instructing his team not to give the ball back has paid him with karma. Ha!  Red card. I could see similarity in our performances a few games ago to County today - no purpose, no tactics, no determination.  

That was a very good performance by us today and hit the bar and Craigs lob in injury time could have had it at 4 easily.  

Good to see some spirit back and players playing with a smile once again.  Fans in the whole were patient and supportive, good to see. 

Some will still look for faults, but we'e just had the best home performance of the season and I can see further improvements happening.  We got some purpose once again and know how to get results.  Next game can't come quick enough!

Well played lads. Cheers Tommy for playing 2 up front!

3 minutes ago, PanamaSaint said:

If that is the case, do you feel we are still in big trouble after only beating the worst team ever ?

I hope not but can understand your point. We were dominant from the first whistle but, as Dave says, County were rotten. Tuesday will go a long way to see how we are progressing.

3 minutes ago, cristo said:

I hope not but can understand your point. We were dominant from the first whistle but, as Dave says, County were rotten. Tuesday will go a long way to see how we are progressing.

My point is that if the comment is beating a team that is easy (not my comments), does is it showing a progression. Actually, same misunderstanding.

8 minutes ago, cristo said:

I'd argue next Saturday is a better pointer. We beat Rangers in the last meeting. Our issue this season is teams below us at home, winning two games from that category in a week would be huge, might even take us near the top half.. 

That game could and should have been far more than 2-0 though. We dominated and were careless at times in playing a final ball or finishing in the second half.  But considering we hadn't seen a Saints goal from open play at McDiarmid since 2nd December, I don't think we can grumble too much at a fine win.

If we play like that from here on, and get the breaks like we did with our goals today, we will be fine. 

4 minutes ago, PanamaSaint said:

My point is that if the comment is beating a team that is easy (not my comments), does is it showing a progression. Actually, same misunderstanding.

It wasn't easy. Maybe someone thought that, but it wasn't?  I'm one of the few who haven't panicked too much in recent weeks. Top 6 is still there for the taking..   If we had played this game a couple of weeks back we may have had a 50/50 game today.  Progress started last week, not today.

I've been critical of the old guard in recent weeks so happy to eat humble pie today. Macca was a different player with young Kane alongside him instead of having to do all the work himself. Ando was outstanding, best I've seen him in ages, maybe also because of the youngster Kerr alongside him. The midfield dominance of midge and muzz allowed Alston and Spoony to really express themselves in getting forward, instead the flat midfield of late.

I also think Tanser is a good left sided player, just not great defensively. Apologies to anyone I've missed out, no failures today.

30 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

That game could and should have been far more than 2-0 though. We dominated and were careless at times in playing a final ball or finishing in the second half.  But considering we hadn't seen a Saints goal from open play at McDiarmid since 2nd December, I don't think we can grumble too much at a fine win.

If we play like that from here on, and get the breaks like we did with our goals today, we will be fine. 

Ha ha. "The breaks", you mean someone who has an idea  of Officiating , we won today in Spite of Collum , not because of him.

Got to say I always thought he had an Agenda with Saints , today's performance confirmed beyond any doubt that to be true. 

Does he go out and deliberately try to create mayhem, or is he just shecht?

Personally think he should retire immediately, along with his buddy Craig Thomson.

7 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Ha ha. "The breaks", you mean someone who has an idea  of Officiating , we won today in Spite of Collum , not because of him.

Got to say I always thought he had an Agenda with Saints , today's performance confirmed beyond any doubt that to be true. 

Does he go out and deliberately try to create mayhem, or is he just shecht?

Personally think he should retire immediately, along with his buddy Craig Thomson.

Collum has no agenda against Saints, he's just an absolutely abysmal referee. 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Collum has no agenda against Saints, he's just an absolutely abysmal referee. 

Is he worse than Dallas ?.

I thought we were at Murryfield today the way the centre half's were allowed to manhandle Kane. Also seemed to give County a freekick every time they appealed. He also only seemed able to bring his card out for Saints players.

13 minutes ago, Cagey said:

He also only seemed able to bring his card out for Saints players.

I'm convinced there is instructions on us from governing body. First foul you get booked. All season we get bookings for challenges that are questionable fouls. We get loads of bookings with low foul counts. I think it's our old reputation and managers bleating on about us being streetwise for years. Influencing refs.  Paranoid I may be? Possibly not, given the standard of Scottish refs. Do think we are targeted all the same

Edited by Dave H

19 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Is he worse than Dallas ?.

That's like rating which shite is tastier. 

Anyone any clue why County got a free kick in the second half for no reason? The one where we had possession on the left wing, and he randomly blew and gave them a free kick in their box? Bizarre stuff

Edited by RandomGuy

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Anyone any clue why County got a free kick in the second half for more reason? The one where we had possession on the left wing, and he randomly blew and gave them a free kick in their box? Bizarre stuff

I think it may have been the main stand linesman saying it was a throw in. Same linesman who kept giving us offside.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Anyone any clue why County got a free kick in the second half for no reason? The one where we had possession on the left wing, and he randomly blew and gave them a free kick in their box? Bizarre stuff

Freekick awarded for handball was my view of the ref. He blew then simulated a hand ball.. or possibly pull of the shirt.  Game restarted with a free kick.  No appeal by County and huge complaints by all our players. Clearly an error.

Edited by Dave H

The fouls given in the first half against saints caused great hilarity around me in the main stand as it seemed that every time a County player went down he emitted a loud scream off agony and Collum awarded a foul. Saint’s players went down in silence and received no awards. 

Note for next week lads, when tackled do a banshee impersonation.