St Johnstone v Ross County 3pm 24/02/18

tucker

As been mentioned above, that was the best performance home of season. Scoring early helped and the players looked relaxed and enjoying their football. 

I really liked shaughnessy's reaction to the county throw-in by absolutely smashing Fraser with the ball. The desire to be first to every ball was the most pleasing aspect

Good performance and 3 welcome points.  Muzz was easily MOM even without his goals and was allowed forward more with the presence of Midge.  Ando and Macca looked much more like their old selves and Jason Kerr looks better with every game.   Alston also played well but I'm still not sure if we should keep him on.  Far too inconsistent in my opinion.   Tanser can deliver a good cross but is far too weak in the tackle for a left back.  I definitely wouldn't be renewing his contract.

I haven't been one of those who has slated the team this season,  but I'm not getting carried away with the last 2 games.   There are some obvious deficiencies in this squad and we still need to strengthen and reshape it in the summer.   

I feel we will stay up fairly comfortably but some of these players have to be moved on.

Edited by jhq

Suppose this will be moved to fitba chat.

Feel sorry for him, nice guy and very dedicated and passionate about the game, but he hasn't really achieved much since leaving us.

He has also mentioned the family situation, they all still live down south so that must be hard in itself, without the football not going so good.

Ex Saintee, so I wish him well.

2 hours ago, cristo said:

Suppose this will be moved to fitba chat.

Feel sorry for him, nice guy and very dedicated and passionate about the game, but he hasn't really achieved much since leaving us.

He has also mentioned the family situation, they all still live down south so that must be hard in itself, without the football not going so good.

Ex Saintee, so I wish him well.

And between him and Ken Eaddie, hammer of the saints in the good old days