St.Johnstone v Rangers 19:45 27/2/18

541ntees

5 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Meanwhile in England Concord Rangers have refused to travel to Truro for a match in the Vanarama South league.... (like League 2 Scotland). Truro City meanwhile have been trolling them with tweets "Pitch looks great for the game tomorrow" !!!!

"FITBA CHAT" for this pish. 

Concord Sevco? Never heard o' them.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

It's snowing in Letham, but nothing major, not frozen or that yet either. 

I'm not going, can't be arsed with Old Firm fans and the price hike annoys me. 

Can't blame you for not going.  I might give the season ticket to the step-son and watch it on the telly.  The result tonight isn't the main thing for me - anything against either of the bigot brothers should be regarded as a bonus - but it's important Saints give a performance.  We've regained a bit of confidence over the last 2 games and we need to build on it.

16 minutes ago, jhq said:

Can't blame you for not going.  I might give the season ticket to the step-son and watch it on the telly.  The result tonight isn't the main thing for me - anything against either of the bigot brothers should be regarded as a bonus - but it's important Saints give a performance.  We've regained a bit of confidence over the last 2 games and we need to build on it.

Disagree. Rangers are no where near Celtic.  Rangers are decent but are definitely there for the taking.. No different to playing Aberdeen to be honest.  3 points tonight might well happen, pending referees errors.  

8 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Disagree. Rangers are no where near Celtic.  Rangers are decent but are definitely there for the taking.. No different to playing Aberdeen to be honest.  3 points tonight might well happen, pending referees errors.  

Didn't say that 3 points couldn't happen.

2 minutes ago, jhq said:

Didn't say that 3 points couldn't happen.

True.  Just feel Rangers get too much respect when they aren't that great. They have improved but certainly not a bonus to pick up points verse them. Wouldn't say points v Aberdeen are a bonus.. should be a good game tonight to see how we have turned the corner. Win our next 2 home games and sets up a good race to the split.

Maybe bonus is the wrong word.  But taking 3 points against them and then losing to teams lower in the league is frustrating and pointless to me.  In the position we are in just now I'd rather take 3 points from Accies.  That's the 6 pointer for me - probably just worded it wrong.  

Anyway, Willock should be available and I'd start him and rest Midge for Saturday.

Jhq is bang on, the only games that matter right now are the games against the teams around us, Saturday is a far more important game and at the start of the week I'd have considered six points from the three home games as a good return, we're halfway there, so anything from this game will be above and beyond expectations. 

Agreed. Beat the teams around you for sure. Just got hung up on bonus points v the old firm comment.  Fair annoys me LAUGH OUT LOUD 

Points v Celtic are bonus points.. all other points are earned. Don' buy the shyte that is talked by Rangers.  It annoyed me that Sportscene made reference to a title race as Rangers are in second spot. However the gap hasn't changed since Aberdeen held second that had no talk of a title race. Fkn hate the old firm and the media hype.  Will love it when Macca, Midge and Ando score in our 3 nil win.. up the auld guard!

:)

Guest ScottMann
2 hours ago, Dave H said:

True.  Just feel Rangers get too much respect when they aren't that great. They have improved but certainly not a bonus to pick up points verse them. Wouldn't say points v Aberdeen are a bonus.. should be a good game tonight to see how we have turned the corner. Win our next 2 home games and sets up a good race to the split.

You're 100% right. We're heading back to where we were with the Old Firm before Rangers died, partly thanks to a biased media ramming the old Rangers image down everyone's throat for the new lot and unfortunately people are buying it. Not just the people but football people in general. It's very sad to see.

Totally agree about your comparison. Rangers are similar to Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs and that's how the game must be viewed. Should we be looking to beat them at home. Yes. Would we settle for a point in an even game? Yes, probably, but that's all. We'd settle for it not treat it like a magnificent triumph against one of the world's leading clubs as some would have you believe. 

I can't make it and will have to make do with BT which is not a pleasant thought. Their Rangers Media coverage of the game means watching no build up and probably the commentary muted. Ah, the joys of Scottish football.

10 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

You're 100% right. We're heading back to where we were with the Old Firm before Rangers died, partly thanks to a biased media ramming the old Rangers image down everyone's throat for the new lot and unfortunately people are buying it. Not just the people but football people in general. It's very sad to see.

Totally agree about your comparison. Rangers are similar to Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs and that's how the game must be viewed. Should we be looking to beat them at home. Yes. Would we settle for a point in an even game? Yes, probably, but that's all. We'd settle for it not treat it like a magnificent triumph against one of the world's leading clubs as some would have you believe. 

I can't make it and will have to make do with BT which is not a pleasant thought. Their Rangers Media coverage of the game means watching no build up and probably the commentary muted. Ah, the joys of Scottish football.

Did not know it's on Bt thanks Scott Mann.

Guest ScottMann
3 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Did not know it's on Bt thanks Scott Mann.

Yep, BT Sport 1. Get ready for the usual impartial coverage featuring a full ex-Rangers panel and added ex-Rangers co-commentator. You'd be better watching Emmerdale than the neutral build up.

16 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

Exactly, and it doesn't need me to point out (but I will anyway) that they are still fielding players (albeit superior? quality loanees from EPL and Championship clubs) who's wages they simply cannot afford. Hence the recent 3M loan they have had to seek from Close Brothers. This to add to the 10's of millions they already owe.

And you know what.... None of the other clubs in Scotland who are being shafted and shoved down the division and out of cups by TRFC's refusal to adhere to the same financial constraints as everybody else have the balls to say a dicky bird about it. 

1 hour ago, ScottMann said:

Yep, BT Sport 1. Get ready for the usual impartial coverage featuring a full ex-Rangers panel and added ex-Rangers co-commentator. You'd be better watching Emmerdale than the neutral build up.

More St Johnstone supporters in the Emmerdale cast (allegedly)…...

Guest ScottMann
1 hour ago, Indicator said:

Exactly, and it doesn't need me to point out (but I will anyway) that they are still fielding players (albeit superior? quality loanees from EPL and Championship clubs) who's wages they simply cannot afford. Hence the recent 3M loan they have had to seek from Close Brothers. This to add to the 10's of millions they already owe.

And you know what.... None of the other clubs in Scotland who are being shafted and shoved down the division and out of cups by TRFC's refusal to adhere to the same financial constraints as everybody else have the balls to say a dicky bird about it. 

Still? I think you mean like the dead club did. :wink:

It's not that the others don't have the balls. It's that they wouldn't have it any other way. They unfortunately showed they refused to live without them.

39 minutes ago, Dave Ferg said:

More St Johnstone supporters in the Emmerdale cast (allegedly)…...

The numbers went down as there was no need for them when they dropped 'Farm' from the title. :razz:

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Jhq is bang on, the only games that matter right now are the games against the teams around us, Saturday is a far more important game and at the start of the week I'd have considered six points from the three home games as a good return, we're halfway there, so anything from this game will be above and beyond expectations. 

That's pish, 3 points is the same regardless of who they are against. 

If we beat Rangers we move 3 points further up the table, same as if we beat Hamilton. 

Some amount of nonsense on here these days. 

5 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

It's not that the others don't have the balls. It's that they wouldn't have it any other way. They unfortunately showed they refused to live without them.

Y'know you are exactly on the money there and, as long as that's what they require, I will sadly no longer have any enthusiasm for making an effort to attend. (Approx. 700M round trip)