St.Johnstone v Rangers 19:45 27/2/18

541ntees

2 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Another embarrassing mess of a performance last couple of games have been the exception. Very disappointed in the young superstar loanees

Theres absolutely no point reading anything major into this match, Rangers are flying, and demolished Aberdeen like this twice in a week. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Theres absolutely no point reading anything major into this match, Rangers are flying, and demolished Aberdeen like this twice in a week. 

So that excuses the way the team are playing? I’m seeing most of them standing watching the opposition team play football. Embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

So that excuses the way the team are playing? I’m seeing most of them standing watching the opposition team play football. Embarrassing.

It's been a poor display against much better opposition. Nothing more, nothing less. I'd hate it if the positive feeling from Saturday was wiped out because folk are unwilling to understand we can't compete with teams spending well beyond their means. 

Edited by RandomGuy

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

It's been a poor display against much better opposition. Nothing more, nothing less. I'd hate it if the positive feeling from Saturday was wiped out because folk are unwilling to understand we can't compete with teams spending well without their means. 

Not really an argument. We’ve been competing successfully with teams with more resources for the last few seasons. Tonight is typical of 90% of performances this season. Second to the ball. Lack of application. Very little craft. Don’t know what Wright has actually sent them out there to do - there appears to be no game plan

1 minute ago, HertsAgain said:

Not really an argument. We’ve been competing successfully with teams with more resources for the last few seasons. Tonight is typical of 90% of performances this season. Second to the ball. Lack of application. Very little craft. Don’t know what Wright has actually sent them out there to do - there appears to be no game plan

This absolutely abhorrent performance once again 

Agree we can't compete moneywise although we need to try and give 100%.

Glad I am sitting here in the warm listening to the radio. I never miss a match at home but due to the weather decided tonight not to go.

At least saints supporters will be able to leave early and get out of the car park easier.

Hope saints do better in the second half COYS

8 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

Theres better resources and then there's a team spending nigh on £1m on one player and having the likes of Jason Cummings not even being a regular. 

We've had the better chances, Williams shot was the best of the match. Rangers have been more clinical. Not hard to understand why players confidence gets sapped when they're absolutely demolished over this.