Elise Christie (split from Celtic match thread)

Abernethy Saint

14 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Whereas the top spot remains dominated by some daft lassie who appears to fall over on ice and then cry on an almost hourly basis.

That “daft” lassie has endured more physical tests and pain than some of our footballers would be greetin’ at. As to crying on an almost hourly basis, well  I don’t blame her. Four years hard work gone and an Olympic medal chance gone in seconds , mentally and emotionally she will be all over the place but she didn’t go and hide. Instead she went and spoke to all the media who were queuing up to question her. “Daft” - No,  Honest - Yes

1 hour ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Whereas the top spot remains dominated by some daft lassie who appears to fall over on ice and then cry on an almost hourly basis.

It appears £4.6 million has been invested in the hope of winning a medal in short track speed skating, a sport in which hardly a race passes without a crash or a disqualification.  Its no the lassie who is daft!

13 hours ago, south inch said:

It appears £4.6 million has been invested in the hope of winning a medal in short track speed skating, a sport in which hardly a race passes without a crash or a disqualification.  Its no the lassie who is daft!

She joins the, almost traditional, band of Scottish legends, known as Glorious Failures. Something us Scots appear to excel at!

16 hours ago, Jad said:

That “daft” lassie has endured more physical tests and pain than some of our footballers would be greetin’ at. As to crying on an almost hourly basis, well  I don’t blame her. Four years hard work gone and an Olympic medal chance gone in seconds , mentally and emotionally she will be all over the place but she didn’t go and hide. Instead she went and spoke to all the media who were queuing up to question her. “Daft” - No,  Honest - Yes

Yeah but to be fair, she's not really that good at her sport, is she.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Wish I wasn't good at a sport.

She's only got a double gold at the World Championship and holds a world record!

Actually it' a triple gold at the world'.  

It' amazing how many folk that can't even stand on a slippy path and moan about it not being gritted then think its funny when a lassie who has put ger life and soul into a sport fails.

Hopefully gold at Beijing in 4 years.

21 minutes ago, mainstand said:

It' amazing how many folk that can't even stand on a slippy path and moan about it not being gritted then think its funny when a lassie who has put ger life and soul into a sport fails.

We pay for both so we can moan about both, ok?

Elise Christie is a whiney wee fanny and I for one had a chuckle when she failed yet again. I'd also like to add, **** Hearts.

She’s been in six Olympic events, fell over in two and got chucked out of four, because she skates far too aggressively and basically repeatedly assaults the other girls. I watched them all, and it’s interesting that the experts in the studio agreed with the referee each and every time. That’s up to six places that could have gone to others, who probably would have finished 35th but would have done so with dignity and without putting the other girls at risk. There were other Brit girls in each of her events, but they barely got a mention as Balding and co orgasmed over La Belle Christie, who the BBC had decided in advance was to be our hero of the Games. Contrast that with the women curlers, who were at the end of a dodgy umpiring decision, but accepted it with grace and got on with it. And are on course for a medal. 

Sorry, nearly forgot - fek Dundee.

Edited by Abernethy Saint

I think it is fair to say that if you compete in 6 Olympic events get disqualified 4 times and fa' doon twice (in fact three times) there is a possible flaw in your technique.  However, there are £x millions of investment in the next games to be bid for - no sign of any flaws in her bidding technique.

Oh and feck Hearts and Dundee.

Eve Muirhead is the real hero of the winter Olympics. Lets hope we see her some time soon at McD with her gold medal. 

As AS has  said above the women curlers acted with grace and dignity throughout their event and deserve to take some reward home.

The men curlers while maybe not doing as well as we may have hoped were very unlucky to be beat by a masterstroke from the Swiss skip.

oh aye and feck Dundee and Hearts

On 20/02/2018 at 8:30 PM, Jad said:

Saw her giving an interview last week and opening her medal cabinet showing where she would be displaying her "Olympic Smackers" came across as a bit of a daftie.!