Youth Academy News

Sevco zombie

Hello hello, it's been a while since I've been on here, first off well done on St johnstone on their great start to the season, secondly can I ask if u can all join the 200 club with all money raised going to the academy, the academy is self funded so any donations would be brilliant, this season a new under 16 midweek league has started, results so far St mirren away was a no show from them after everyone had travelled down to Paisley, next game was a 2 1 win against Celtic followed by a 4 -2 away win against motherwell and on Tuesday was a 1-0 loss to rangers with them scoring a last minute jammy goal, the standard of football has been superb, I'll post up future home fixtures and results when they happen, I'll also post under17 results when I can remember them all 

Saints 17s 2 ross county 0,to be honest the first half was awful, so bad that my narcolepsy started kicking in, one tablet later and a substitution at half, woke us all up, the sub who I'm not allowed to name because he gets embarrassed, started to link everything up, playing through some great balls, one which led to the first goal and another which the striker hit to early, with their keeper making a fine save, the sub started the move for the 2 goal with four or five players involved with good quick passing, and the ball ending up in the net, overall good win against a very good team but made hard work of it in the first half, but that's how they learn, under 15s I've no idea how they got on 

Saints 17s 2 ross county 0,to be honest the first half was awful, so bad that my narcolepsy started kicking in, one tablet later and a substitution at half, woke us all up, the sub who I'm not allowed to name because he gets embarrassed, started to link everything up, playing through some great balls, one which led to the first goal and another which the striker hit to early, with their keeper making a fine save, the sub started the move for the 2 goal with four or five players involved with good quick passing, and the ball ending up in the net, overall good win against a very good team but made hard work of it in the first half, but that's how they learn, under 15s I've no idea how they got on 

Glad your boy did well. More reports, please! 

Can you explain the set up in which the team competes?

Development league, which Celtic have also entered a team into, there is now a midweek league for the younger boys in the team, that has rangers, Celtic, motherwell etc in it, that has seen some excellent games, there are a few good players in the youth set up at saints, the 17s are a very good side and the youngsters that came up are all very good, more fans should come along they'd really njoy watching them 

I've never watched anything except the first team.

I think you have a vested interest, of course, but it's good to hear reports like this.

Thanks.

Should come along if u have time, I'd like to think some of these boys will make saints first team, Falkirk have done it to great affect over the years and made some hefty dosh aswell, it's defo the road saints should try go down, few of them local boys aswell 

The fact that Falkirk were making so much money makes the decision to scrap the youth set up and join the Forth Valley Football Academy all the more surprising.

Still not quite sure how STennie and Falkirk work that.

My son was there when the change happened, it was a joke to start off with but now it's working, it was mostly Falkirk lads now Stenny have more boys, but get this you can be released by either one and get signed up by the other and your still in your same youth squad, only problem is identity and to a lot that's everything, I would pray to God it dosnt happen up here because SFA have massive say in how they are run and it ties in with their performance schools which personally are a shambles, perth youth football is of the map in scotland but hopefully changes are going to happen, saints youth set up is good is it perfect hell no but they're is some good talent there and no team likes playing them (17s) perth needs to get back on the football map for youth specially the local teams, I have my own views on that might even start a thread on that to hear other points of view 

Sunday the u17 team were away to Livingston in a scrappy first half livi took the lead with a very good goal but we're extremely lucky to finish the half with all 11 players after a horrendous tackle on one of our players, a substitution was made at half time with saints starting of the better side, he who I'm not allowed to name then came on with another sub minutes after, with saints levelling the game with a very well worked goal, saints became stronger and with ten minutes to go him scored a great goal into the top corner with a third goal coming in the last minute by the first goal scorer, I'm really going to have to remember their names, anyway good win, tomorrow Wednesday the 12, saints under 16 play Aberdeen with a 2 30 ko on the astro 

Today The under 16 played Aberdeen at mcdirmaid in a very good game , first have both teams played well but with saints having the better of the chances,Aberdeen took the lead with a well worked goal,saints kept to their game plan and it paid of shortly after, him who I can't name played a great through ball to Jordan Northcott which the keeper saved well, but hwnn scored of the rebound, Aberdeen started to press more but saints defended well and scored their 2nd on the break with a good cross from euan, Jamie ran in and put it in the bottom corner, saints got their 3 with a bad mistake in the Aberdeen defence, euan again pounced on the mistake to round the keeper, saints had 3 under 14s in the squad and they did very well, final score St johnstone 3 Aberdeen 1. Next game is Sunday 1 pm ko v Stranraer 

Only one game on Sunday the under 17s played Stranraer at home winning 8 0, games this week, Wednesday nite 7 15 ko saints under16s v forth Valley and on Thursday Celtic under18 v saints u18 ko 1pm , forth Valley game should be a good one both teams doing very well in the league , and for those that don't know fv are Falkirk and stenny it's one of the regional academys dreamt up by Mr wotts 

• 2 weeks later...

Result from last Wednesday saints 1 forth Valley 1. Saints win 5 4 on penalties, very good game I must admit a lot of good players on show and was especially satisfying for the lad to beat his old team and score one of the penalties, if it's a draw at full time it goes to penalties with the winner getting an extra point  this Sunday it'd Montrose at home, if u have never been to a youth game, go u will njoy it 

• 2 months later...
  • Radford 72 pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Apologies for not keeping you updated on the youth academy news, I'll try cram it all in, u17s are still undefeated this season and are well on their way to winning the league again, last result was a 6 2 win against Livingston, a few of the 2nd year 17s have been playing with the 20s aswell and have also been in the Scotland school boys team and playing very well for them , u16s won last nite against forth Valley winning 3 2, they've lost two games only a 1 0 defeat against rangers plus beat from them on penalties, if it's a draw it goes to penalties for an xtra point, again there was a few boys in on trial who did very well, now for a rant, the Scotland u17 and 16 squads were picked over a month ago and not one saints player got anywhere near it, that to me is a real smack in the face for the players and coaching staff, they have played most of the elite teams over both age groups and won 99 percent of them, hopefully these Kids will be given a chance at saints, once again I would encourage you to come along to games to see for yourself 

Apologies for not keeping you updated on the youth academy news, I'll try cram it all in, u17s are still undefeated this season and are well on their way to winning the league again, last result was a 6 2 win against Livingston, a few of the 2nd year 17s have been playing with the 20s aswell and have also been in the Scotland school boys team and playing very well for them , u16s won last nite against forth Valley winning 3 2, they've lost two games only a 1 0 defeat against rangers plus beat from them on penalties, if it's a draw it goes to penalties for an xtra point, again there was a few boys in on trial who did very well, now for a rant, the Scotland u17 and 16 squads were picked over a month ago and not one saints player got anywhere near it, that to me is a real smack in the face for the players and coaching staff, they have played most of the elite teams over both age groups and won 99 percent of them, hopefully these Kids will be given a chance at saints, once again I would encourage you to come along to games to see for yourself 

Thanks for the update and your rant is justified.

Email to head office methinks.

• 1 month later...

There is saints 17 won a very difficult game against alloa last week winning 2 0, tomorrow they play Stirling at home with a 1 30 ko a couple of more wins and the league is won and I think that can happen against celtic.

The 16s had a great game against Queens Park at lesser hampden winning 4 2 there was six or 7 trialists for saints.

There is only rumours for next season, but any confirmed news I'll let you all know