Youth Academy News

Sevco zombie

On 22/07/2018 at 11:35 PM, HOODLUM65 said:

Saints u14's taking part in the Supercup NI have been drawn against Linfield (23 July), Glentoran (24 July) and Glenavon (25 July)

3 points for a win and 1 for a draw.

On the basis of points gained Teams will proceed to the Semi Finals of the following competitions:-

SUPERCUPNI- Three teams placed 1st in each group PLUS best placed second team.

GLOBE- Remaining Two best placed 2nd teams PLUS Two best placed 3rd teams.

VASE:- Remaining 3rd placed team PLUS Three 4th placed teams.

Saints qualified for the Globe and been drawn against Dungannon Swifts , while the other Semi is between West Ham United and Ballinamallard United.

Linfield who won each of their 3 games 1-0 , qualified for the Supercupni.

12 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

3 points for a win and 1 for a draw.

On the basis of points gained Teams will proceed to the Semi Finals of the following competitions:-

SUPERCUPNI- Three teams placed 1st in each group PLUS best placed second team.

GLOBE- Remaining Two best placed 2nd teams PLUS Two best placed 3rd teams.

VASE:- Remaining 3rd placed team PLUS Three 4th placed teams.

Saints qualified for the Globe and been drawn against Dungannon Swifts , while the other Semi is between West Ham United and Ballinamallard United.

Linfield who won each of their 3 games 1-0 , qualified for the Supercupni.

Cagey are you awake?

Saints are leading 2-0 in their Semi-final against Swifts.

Stop press. Swifts have just pulled one back.

Saints 2   Swifts 1.

19 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

As always, appreciate the updates from @sevcozombie2 and @HOODLUM65 on youth issues.

Does @sevcozombie2 know how many teams are in the new U18 League and will home games be played on main McDiarmid pitch or the artificial pitch? If the kick-offs will regularly be 7:00pm, it could attract fans as the new Reserve League is hardly convenient at 2:00pm on a Monday afternoon.

Disappointed the club haven't put anything on official site about the new intake of players.

not sure how many teams but two leagues ,one elite and one development with the development playing the elite sides once or twice i think ,as far as im aware but not verified,saints will play home games during the day as astro not available at night ,i did think they all had to be played on grass but think the rules keep changing ,there is not any information on sfa site about fixtures and there is nothing at all on saints website about the new u18s ,an idea for saints would be to get someone to run the youth page on web site like the 1st team pages it would raise profile of players and certainly get more supporters interested and maybe potential sponsors ,same with the PA their coverage is zilch as well   

5 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Cagey are you awake?

Saints are leading 2-0 in their Semi-final against Swifts.

Stop press. Swifts have just pulled one back.

Saints 2   Swifts 1.

That's better. I understand that. It means Saints won 2_1 doesn't it.

Oops ,reading on they got beat 3_2 I think !.

Edited by Cagey

finally this coming Friday the new u18 league kicks off with an away fixture against Patrick thistle and a 2pm KO .

the new u18s team has a lot off very good players and have made some new signings for the new season here are some of the players to watch and listen out for  if your not watching ,apologies as i cant remember all second names .

Ross Sinclair /Gk -had trials with Liverpool at end of season and played in a good few u20 games last season .

Chris ?   /Rb was a new addition last season and played very well likes to drive up the wings when he can .

EGGY/LB was capped for Scotland last season at u17s .

Jordan boag  /CB big strong player old fashioned defender 

hodgie /cm was at falkirk academy for many a year was capped for Scotland schoolboys last  season 

Kyle wolley/RB/RM/CM versatile player who gives everything

Jordan northcott /LM/CAM one of the younger 18s who can play for 2 years at this age group ,will run till he drops a handful for defenders when on the left and scores a few goals .

Olly  Hamilton /CF scores 20 plus goals a season very nippy also, he also can play at this level for two years 

john Robertson /CF PLAYED IN THE 20S LAST SEASON AND FOR 1ST TEAM BEFORE THE END OF THE SEASON SCORES LOADS OF GOALS 

KYLE GREEN /RM/CM/CAM ,I CANT COMMENT AS ILL SOUND BIASED ,EXCELLENT PLAYER THAT IS ALL  I AM SAYING 

THEY'RE WILL BE OTHERS  WHO WILL MAKE THEIR MARK OVER THE SEASON ,BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY THEY ALL PLAY AS A TEAM SO IF YOU CAN MAKE GAMES PLEASE COME TO THEM AND LET YOUR FELLOW SAINTSEES KNOW ABOUT THESE PLAYERS AND THE GAMES 

Have seen a few of these players and it's amazing that they have been playing against more senior players and holding their own.

Tip John Robertson one to watch, never gives big defenders a moment's peace, robbing them of the ball and heading for goal.

The future looks good.

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, sevcozombie2 said:

finally this coming Friday the new u18 league kicks off with an away fixture against Patrick thistle and a 2pm KO .

the new u18s team has a lot off very good players and have made some new signings for the new season here are some of the players to watch and listen out for  if your not watching ,apologies as i cant remember all second names .

Ross Sinclair /Gk -had trials with Liverpool at end of season and played in a good few u20 games last season .

Chris ?   /Rb was a new addition last season and played very well likes to drive up the wings when he can .

EGGY/LB was capped for Scotland last season at u17s .

Jordan boag  /CB big strong player old fashioned defender 

hodgie /cm was at falkirk academy for many a year was capped for Scotland schoolboys last  season 

Kyle wolley/RB/RM/CM versatile player who gives everything

Jordan northcott /LM/CAM one of the younger 18s who can play for 2 years at this age group ,will run till he drops a handful for defenders when on the left and scores a few goals .

Olly  Hamilton /CF scores 20 plus goals a season very nippy also, he also can play at this level for two years 

john Robertson /CF PLAYED IN THE 20S LAST SEASON AND FOR 1ST TEAM BEFORE THE END OF THE SEASON SCORES LOADS OF GOALS 

KYLE GREEN /RM/CM/CAM ,I CANT COMMENT AS ILL SOUND BIASED ,EXCELLENT PLAYER THAT IS ALL  I AM SAYING 

THEY'RE WILL BE OTHERS  WHO WILL MAKE THEIR MARK OVER THE SEASON ,BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY THEY ALL PLAY AS A TEAM SO IF YOU CAN MAKE GAMES PLEASE COME TO THEM AND LET YOUR FELLOW SAINTSEES KNOW ABOUT THESE PLAYERS AND THE GAMES 

I take it the home games are on McD astro?

Saints u18 drew 2.2 with Dundee Utd at Gussie Park last night. Olly Hamilton and John Robertson with the goals. Saints 2.1 down at half time after the traditional circus defending. However a cracking match.Young Jack in goal saved a last minute pen. Great game. Saints hit the bar and post late on after Olly Hamilton squared to Kyle Green. Saints worked their socks off. 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Hadn't noticed this anywhere else. 

On the OS last Wednesday. Where else did you want it ?.

Played his first games last Saturday in a 2 -1 away win to CSS.

They play their home games at Alloa's home ground.

Maybe Mainstand  can update us if he is not attending Saints games.