Youth Academy News

Sevco zombie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know why Academy fixtures in England can be readily obtained, even for non-league teams, yet in Scotland the SPFL appear to want to keep the games a secret. They are empowered to promote the game at ALL levels.

The Clubs themselves must take some of the blame, only making announcements the day before or on the day.

6 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Anyone know why Academy fixtures in England can be readily obtained, even for non-league teams, yet in Scotland the SPFL appear to want to keep the games a secret. They are empowered to promote the game at ALL levels.

The Clubs themselves must take some of the blame, only making announcements the day before or on the day.

Is it not on the SFA website. You would see it under the officials for matches page. Usually a week in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Cagey said:

Saints out of youth cup after a 3-0 defeat v Aberdeen. 5 first team squad in team plus Northcott,Structures & Robertson.

No it is a league format and they have only played 2 games, with one win and one defeat. Also Aberdeen did use the game to bring some players back into the fold.

Edited by mainstand

55 minutes ago, mainstand said:

No it is a league format and they have only played 2 games, with one win and one defeat. Also Aberdeen did use the game to bring some players back into the fold.

Ta MS. As you can see I didn't know the format. Didn't recognise many Aberdeen names as first team players. Anderson is prolific for reserves but doesn't get much first team action. McLelland has been sub a few times.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Ta MS. As you can see I didn't know the format. Didn't recognise many Aberdeen names as first team players. Anderson is prolific for reserves but doesn't get much first team action. McLelland has been sub a few times.

The bit I saw was someone starting with G who was on route back to first team. 

I don't have the randomguy sort of drive to go and google all these guys to see how experienced they are:

Aberdeen Reserves – Cerny, Robertson, Mackenzie, Gleeson (Barron 60), Bollan, Turner, McLennan (D Dangana 60), S Ross (C), Anderson, E Ross, Antoniazzi (Ruth 41).

Unused substitutes – Jackson (GK), Shanks, Mykyta, Ngwenya.

https://www.afc.co.uk/report_nostats/reserve-report-anderson-hat-trick-seperates-dons-and-saints/

• 2 weeks later...