St Johnstone v Hamilton 03/03/18 3pm

tucker

15 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

I think it might be unfair asking Hamilton to play two games on the same day:laugh:

In my defence I just checked the bit I looked at'match amendments' or something like that & their game wasn't on it.

Noticed on fixtures list that Hamilton are playing Celtic on the Sunday of the last day before the split. I would have thought everyone would play at same time on same day… This could give them an advantage if Celtic had the league won & Hamilton needed a point,say.

Surprised when Hamilton Killie game on 13th march was postponed due to cup replay that they didn't arrange our game with them for that date. It may be that it is because we are playing Hubs on Friday but why is Tuesday - Friday different from Wednesday - Saturday.

Guest ScottMann
3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Surprised when Hamilton Killie game on 13th march was postponed due to cup replay that they didn't arrange our game with them for that date. It may be that it is because we are playing Hubs on Friday but why is Tuesday - Friday different from Wednesday - Saturday.

Must be the same ridiculous principle that totally knocks players for six when they have to play Thursday/Sunday too!

On 06/03/2018 at 10:12 PM, Cagey said:

Noticed on fixtures list that Hamilton are playing Celtic on the Sunday of the last day before the split. I would have thought everyone would play at same time on same day… This could give them an advantage if Celtic had the league won & Hamilton needed a point,say.

If Hamilton were in with a chance of making top 6 then I suppose it might have given them an advantage knowing what result was required. They possibly let this one go on the Sunday because they're confident it won't be an issue for either side.

I can't remember if this has come up previously.. that one of the sides in the mix for sixth place gets a TV game a day later, or have they always deliberately selected matches between teams at the top and bottom of the league?

11 hours ago, ScottMann said:

Must be the same ridiculous principle that totally knocks players for six when they have to play Thursday/Sunday too!

Really taxing playing football for 90 minutes, twice a week, with a couple of hours training thrown in during the working week. Must be a tough job, this playing football for a living.

Guest ScottMann
4 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Really taxing playing football for 90 minutes, twice a week, with a couple of hours training thrown in during the working week. Must be a tough job, this playing football for a living.

Totally! It's ridiculous. About 99% of players I've heard comment say all they want to do is play football. Apart from anything it's much better than training. 

4 hours ago, supersaintee said:

Any news on when this will be rescheduled? I'm away the first two weeks in April and really hoping it's just the Motherwell match that I miss - don't see any issue with us playing this on the weekend of 24th March and I would definitely advocate it :cool:

Other than the fact that McDiarmid Park is being used as the cup final venue that weekend, I think that’s a pretty significant issue which will prevent that happening. 

1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Wed 28th March at 7.45pm is the rescheduled date.

Didn't take them long to work that out then.

I see the Hamilton v Killie game has been rearranged for 14th April ,a week after split, I can see this be a problem for fixture list & will it give them any advantage.