Kilmarnock v St.Johnstone, Match thread, Wednesday 7th March 2018 @ 19.45

PanamaSaint

Well, strange to believe we started the season on such a high at this place with a nice win before a nice wee run to see us right up there at the top of the league. Would be nice to replicate that win to set us up for a strong finish to the season.

No Macca, Muzz got to be a doubt. Will be interesting to see how TW approaches this game - we could easily win it if we are in the mood.

Killie are a team playing with confidence, which in my opinion makes up for any shortcomings they may have. 

If we would only approach these sort of games in the same way we do ..say for instance Celtic I would have no doubt we would get a result.  We however allow the opposition dictate the way the game is going to be played. 

So as normal hope for the best & expect the worst

COYS ;-)

They maybe want to appear positive but surprised the noises coming out the Saints camp in recent days are still about the top six. I thought against County it looked like it had dawned on them that we were in a battle and that should still be our focus. It's all about scrapping for every point possible over the next 11 games.

I'd like to see following team but suspect that Millar will be saved for Saturday at the least.

Mannus

Shaughnessy - Kerr - Anderson - Tanser

Millar - Davidson

Wotherspoon - Alston - Williams

Kane

Subbies: Clark, Gordon, Comrie, Craig, Willock, Johnstone, McCann

1 hour ago, Radford 72 said:

They maybe want to appear positive but surprised the noises coming out the Saints camp in recent days are still about the top six. I thought against County it looked like it had dawned on them that we were in a battle and that should still be our focus. It's all about scrapping for every point possible over the next 11 games.

I'd like to see following team but suspect that Millar will be saved for Saturday at the least.

Mannus

Shaughnessy - Kerr - Anderson - Tanser

Millar - Davidson

Wotherspoon - Alston - Williams

Kane

Subbies: Clark, Gordon, Comrie, Craig, Willock, Johnstone, McCann

We need more points to get in top 6 than we do to escape relegation.

McCann ahead of McClean who I would have in the team before Spoony.

Guest ScottMann
4 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

That's a bit damned if they do, damned if they don't to me I'm afraid. I'm sure if Tommy said we were fighting for our lives he'd be slaughtered for giving up, no ambition etc and folk would be saying it was yet more negativity coming out of McDiarmid. I expect everyone at Saints knows what's really needed so I've no problem with an air of positivity being shown publicly.

11 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Killie pen - 1-0 to them.

BBC says Jones went over Comrie and its "not a stonewaller", Sky flat out say it shouldn't have been a penalty.

We get absolutely no luck with decisions.

Allan Preston ripping into Alston saying every attack ends with him losing the ball