Dundee v Saints

Yeah Dundee were rubbish, but Saints were awesome, take nothing away from that performance.

Defenders throwing themselves into challenges in our box was like the Saints of old. Loads of positive comments about various players, I believe Macca deserves a lot of credit for his own performance, excellent hold up play, fight for everything, and clearly excels with a younger striker alongside him instead of being expected to do it all himself.

The stramash at the end was just annoying, as our players just wanted to celebrate with us. If Mcann's  actions are proved to be true, then I'd be surprised if he keeps his job.

Anyway, never mind that, let's just celebrate a five star performance from Saints. Onwards and upwards, another season in the premiership awaits.

2 hours ago, TheMarkChristie said:

A Good win against a rival team should hopefully be the confidence boost we need

Confidence boost like the draw at Parkheid and the win over Ross County in recent weeks?  Always welcome another boost though

1 hour ago, cristo said:

, I believe Macca deserves a lot of credit for his own performance

Agreed, he was very good today. Big involvement in the second goal by chasing down what seemed a lost cause, and then a sublime through ball for Kane in the build up to the third.

What about Ando's chest pass in the lead up to the second goal??!!

22 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

No pen in my opinion- ref got it surprisingly spot on. Tanser clearly gets the ball first, then momentum takes him through the coag. Great tackle.

I wasn't so sure at the time , but having seen it again from a different angle your comment is spot on.

1 hour ago, Kilgour said:

Fabulous game,fabulous result and great to see the opposition manager really rattled.

Same again on Friday please the Ginger Whinger could do with being knocked down a peg or two.What hes had to say after our last two games was very disrespectful.

In fairness to Lennon especially in the game at Perth Hibs maybe deserved more from both games. However until yesterday the game at ER had given me my best day out so far this season. I would still love to piss him off again though. COYS

I'll add my voice to those appreciating the fact Manny Fowler would undoubtedly just wear a (club issue) t-shirt on an Artic expedition. Definitely not a man to mess with you sense.

The result does all the talking for yesterday. We are still liable to have a shocker but that's quite a few decent performances since the winter break. Another 5 points will secure safety I'm sure and that shouldn't prove beyond us given that we can produce performances like yesterday. Even allowing for the conditions, it wasn't exactly fluid - although we did play for a spell around the third and fourth goals - but it was characterised by everything we've become accustomed to, winning tackles, working hard etc...

3 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

No pen in my opinion- ref got it surprisingly spot on. Tanser clearly gets the ball first, then momentum takes him through the coag. Great tackle.

Just as well Collum wasn't the ref as he would have given it.