Dundee v Saints

On 09/03/2018 at 1:20 PM, akuram said:

Hope at the end of the season I am proved to be wrong but I just feel that we are certain to finish in the bottom two.

It has been obvious for so long we have needed a proven striker and we have failed to get one.

This is going to cost us.

Won't make the game tomorrow but wish the team all the best COYS

Prove me wrong please

Glad to be proved totally wrong yesterday and got four goals. Must have been a great day at Dens, I wish I had been able to be there and the reason I wasn't is because I am overseas at the moment. All we need now is another possibly three wins to be totally safe and then plan for next year. COYS

Guest ScottMann
3 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Looks like Zander is acting as the peacemaker and got a slap in the kisser for his efforts.

Yes, he clearly ignores the kit man who has his hand out. McCann says something to him too then Zander approaches McCann.

I think TW (with Lomas) released Gartland without giving him an opportunity. His career after he left us hardly proved them wrong but from their interactions this season, it does look like there is no love lost there.

McCann should have sucked it up and shook hands with everyone but it's easy to say. Saints have shown themselves to be bad losers at times as well - Aberdeen dressing room incident - so we can't take too much of the moral high ground.

Great performance and back to that hungry team, closing down the opposition that I love.

Thought Joe had a great game - I like  him here, he was very comfortable. Whole team were outstanding but I'm singling out 2 players for special mention and they are Alston and Kane.  I've heard some negative clap trap about Alston in recent weeks but I'll back him to to hilt  - he has lots to  offer and in the next few weeks I think we'll see him grow in confidence he was brilliant yesterday. I was moaning earlier in the season about Kane being let out on loan - I think he is huge star in the making for us and he looked like a dangerous old fashioned center forward holding up play and giving the Dundee rearguard a headache all day - he's made that position his own now.

Poor turn out from us - we usually take at least a 1000 but the weather was grim and combination of poor recent form and the rugby being on the telly accounted for a lot of absentees. 

I enjoyed an after match pint with some work colleagues ( all Dee fans) at the Dundee club on the Hilltown and they were right down in the mouth and I was purring at the compliments about how we played.

6 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

I think TW (with Lomas) released Gartland without giving him an opportunity. His career after he left us hardly proved them wrong but from their interactions this season, it does look like there is no love lost there.

McCann should have sucked it up and shook hands with everyone but it's easy to say. Saints have shown themselves to be bad losers at times as well - Aberdeen dressing room incident - so we can't take too much of the moral high ground.

Well said.

I also hate all that " sacked in the morning" and " going down" cr*p - we should be above that.

From watching the highlights Joe makes a tackle at 1-0 that is one of those game changing challenges, Kane should have taken a shot at the edge of the box before the Alston goal as he had the perfect angle and the keeper was not set correctly 

Nearly a 5th towards the end was very unlucky

Usually make the trip but the wife was on a hotel pamper sesh and I had the little uns.  However I hate Dens in recent times, forgot the last time we actually won here!  (2015 after I had a wee look)  doubt I'd have travelled anyway as save my cash for a bottle of whisky instead.  Still in shock we scored 4 goals... How's that even possible this season?   

4 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

Think the Pittodrie one was about them celebrating too much with doors open, so Macca closed it, and put them in their place