St Johnstone v Hibernian, Friday 16th March @ 19.45 Match Thread

PanamaSaint

Some nice comments on the BBC from the opposition:

"Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon: "St Johnstone are a good side. [Manager] Tommy [Wright] has been consistently one of the best managers in the league.

"They are not having the best of seasons compared to what they had before, but he can't keep doing it. It is impossible, unless he gets the right kind of investment that matches other teams.

"I still think they are very dangerous opponents for any team. They went to Ibrox and won. They got points at Celtic Park.

"They are capable of putting a run of games together, where it wouldn't be beyond them to win four or five games in a row.

"We haven't beaten them this season. They came here and nicked it off us at the end, and we played well up there at McDiarmid Park [a 1-1 draw].

"But they have been tough, very tough games and I expect nothing else on Friday.""

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

Some nice comments on the BBC from the opposition:

"Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon: "St Johnstone are a good side. [Manager] Tommy [Wright] has been consistently one of the best managers in the league.

"They are not having the best of seasons compared to what they had before, but he can't keep doing it. It is impossible, unless he gets the right kind of investment that matches other teams.

"I still think they are very dangerous opponents for any team. They went to Ibrox and won. They got points at Celtic Park.

"They are capable of putting a run of games together, where it wouldn't be beyond them to win four or five games in a row.

"We haven't beaten them this season. They came here and nicked it off us at the end, and we played well up there at McDiarmid Park [a 1-1 draw].

"But they have been tough, very tough games and I expect nothing else on Friday.""

Bit of a love in for his Irish friend, and also note that he manages to be sympathetic regarding the lack of funds available to TW.

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

Bit of a love in for his Irish friend, and also note that he manages to be sympathetic regarding the lack of funds available to TW.

In fairness most of the managers in the league are very complimentary about what Tommy has achieved over the seasons with limited resources. Sometimes I feel he is appreciated more from other clubs and fans than he is by a number of our own supporters.

Guest ScottMann

He did slip in the Easter Road win but we also went to Killie, Hamilton and Dundee and won, including that superb cuffing only last saturday, but of course it's only worth highlighting results against Sevco and Celtic. Those of that mindset just don't get that a win v The Rangers is only equivalent to beating Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen, a decent win but not that special these days. Depressingly we're almost back to where we were before Rangers died. 

1 hour ago, PanamaSaint said:

In fairness most of the managers in the league are very complimentary about what Tommy has achieved over the seasons with limited resources. Sometimes I feel he is appreciated more from other clubs and fans than he is by a number of our own supporters.

The ones who were not complimentary are no longer managing Premier clubs.

1 hour ago, ScottMann said:

He did slip in the Easter Road win but we also went to Killie, Hamilton and Dundee and won, including that superb cuffing only last saturday, but of course it's only worth highlighting results against Sevco and Celtic. Those of that mindset just don't get that a win v The Rangers is only equivalent to beating Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen, a decent win but not that special these days. Depressingly we're almost back to where we were before Rangers died. 

Well the league table does reflect that, at this point in time, Celtic and Rangers are the top two teams in the country.

Lennon will be banished to the main stand.

Please give him the respect he deserves....

I suspect he has been kissing our arse in the media in order to glide through this awkward moment in his tenure.

Screw that. Lay into him in the main stand!

8 minutes ago, pavel said:

Lennon will be banished to the main stand.

Please give him the respect he deserves....

I suspect he has been kissing our arse in the media in order to glide through this awkward moment in his tenure.

Screw that. Lay into him in the main stand!

NO. We are sooo much better than that. Let`s save any reasoned brickbats for the one they call Neil McCann please.

10 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Hopefully we dont refer to form, and carry on wae the positivity from last week,  good game and 3 points, and a nice wee start to my holiday. 

Tam what time is there just now it is usually 7 hours different from me 1:30 pm here