St Johnstone v Hibernian, Friday 16th March @ 19.45 Match Thread

PanamaSaint

8 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

5 yellows... bit of commitment, or shite refereeing? Take a draw. Good commitment.

I think they were all justified to be fair, maybe Tanser got the ball first but still went in like a train.

Hate to say it, but I kind of see where the hammer throwers tag comes from.

Can't fault a bit of commitment though.

First half was pretty even, horrendously sloppy goal with Millar absolutely selling himself to a move you stop falling for in about primary five while Shaughnessy yet again allows his man a free header six yards out. Allan absolutely dominating him and Hibs looked capable of matching our 4-0.

Red card was clear. We huffed and puffed and eventually got a grip by the end of the half, Kanes miss was embarrassing.

Williams changed the game, second half we completely dominated. Decision to go without wingers was poor though, led to Hibs sitting deep and narrow with no threat out wide apart from Tanser. This led to Craig and Ando being the only players with time on the ball, and neither are playmakers. Williams and Macca linked up well when they got a chance though. 

Ended the game 2-1-7, and finally snaffled a goal, natural instinct from Kane to smash home. Tanser with a beauty of a free kick at the end too. 

Happy with a point. All our weaknesses were evident again and it probably help reinforce that in TWs mind. 

5 am In Phuket, and I’d take a draw at start,but what was Midge doing falling for the worst step over of the season? Kano should’ve buried his chance ,but that’s why he’s here and not Dundee, thought we just about earned the point, but was surrounded by muff, whilst some Aussie spoke to the wife 

Manager took a risk changing to play only 2 at the back and it worked, Kane could have had a couple and I think Williams could be the next Gavin Henson.... But he does play some very nice football

I actually thought that Liam Craig had one of the best games he has played in a while

So was millers removal Injury or performance related ?

Hammered them 1-1.

Good performance. Totally dominated them and I wasn't expecting that against a 10 man Hibs team who are decent.  Hibs lucky to hold on in the end.

We deserved 3 points from that effort and amount of chances.  Clearly the red card made the game as it was.  Really thought after the equaliser that we'd still win.  But that point today sort of deals our position in bottom half. Could have done with the 3.

Enjoyed that in freezing temperatures. Baltic!

38 minutes ago, cristo said:

Hate to say it, but I kind of see where the hammer throwers tag comes from.

Can't fault a bit of commitment though.

Its been missing all season. Reputation being streetwise has been missing. Yet Alston commits a classic team foul and so does Mcginn. Thought the ref was card happy with us but should have had a couple more of Hibs booked towards the end. Hibs booted us everywhere last 10 mins.

Made enough chances to win 3 or 4 games as we couldn't get on the end of crosses or clearances.

Williams looked good but blasted 3 over the bar.

Not sure what the result would have been 11v 11 but we were well in the game even before the sending off & sometimes not easy against 10 as we have found in the past.

Why did ref & linesman need a 5 min discussion to decide it was a red ?.

Too many wayward passes.

BUT

Well done Saints . Can't be faulted for effort. Hopefully Tommy gives them a few days off.

Tanser is a better wing back than full back. Thought Gordon did well. Ando erratic but a true Sainted.

Think the team were blaming Mannus for the goal but I don't think he could have got near the cross.

1 hour ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

That shows why Kane will never be prolific at this level. Any striker worth his salt especially after scoring two goals last week and supposedly up on confidence would never ever, ever think about taking a touch in that position...EVER!!!

3 goals in 3 games. Wise up!!!

Kanes chance in first half was behind him slightly and needed a left foot finish. Can see where the error of judgement came.. I'm not critical of him try7ng to control it as he had time to do so. Shame his touch was poor. A better touch would have created a goal.  Kane played well today. Been missing him, more than happy to see him play up top every game