St Johnstone v Hibernian, Friday 16th March @ 19.45 Match Thread

PanamaSaint

4 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

I'm wondering if we could somehow convert tanser to a wide midfielder, that left foot is filthy at times 

Its a shame we don't have "special teams" like NFL. Bringing him on for free kicks and corners (seriously, why is he not on corners?) would be perfect. Still a snivelling shitebag wen defending, looks far better in the opposition half. If he could harden up he'd be an asset.

BBC foul count... yeah we all know this can be inaccurate.. But 

Saints 17 fouls 5 bookings

Hibs 10 fouls 1 booking and a red.

Fair?  1 in every 3 is a yellow card. Ok. So where is the fairness?   Come to think of it, I find it hard to believe only Mcginn got booked for them!  

Edited by Dave H

4 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Any good links?

Aye. Ye canny beat Lindsay's butchers in Nth. Methven St.

MIcrowave grill them and there's not a spot of fat comes out of them.

Not like those Irish recipe Richmond ones.:wink:

'Mon the Saints.

P.s. the pork ones are ace.

Edited by HOODLUM65
Pork sausages.

28 minutes ago, Dave H said:

BBC foul count... yeah we all know this can be inaccurate.. But 

Saints 17 fouls 5 bookings

Hibs 10 fouls 1 booking and a red.

Fair?  1 in every 3 is a yellow card. Ok. So where is the fairness?   Come to think of it, I find it hard to believe only Mcginn got booked for them!  

An utterly pointless observation. Craig got booked for screaming at the referee after a blatant foul by someone else, fwiw, and that doesnt show up as a foul.

14 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Aye. Ye canny beat Lindsay's butchers in Nth. Methven St.

MIcrowave grill them and there's not a spot of fat comes out of them.

Not like those Irish recipe Richmond ones.:wink:

'Mon the Saints.

P.s. the pork ones are ace.

Making me hungry and I just had my tea:laugh:

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

An utterly pointless observation. Craig got booked for screaming at the referee after a blatant foul by someone else, fwiw, and that doesnt show up as a foul.

All season we continue to receive a high yellow card to foul ratio. While our opposition tend to go unpunished. Go and check it out. Clearly you've not noticed.  

Also guess you are unaware of media commentary this evening.  Thanks for your reply, just as pointless and absent of any content.

We are being victimised by an out of date reputation at times. Tonight being another example.

Just now, Dave H said:

All season we continue to receive a high yellow card to foul ratio. While our opposition tend to go unpunished. Go and check it out. Clearly you've not noticed.  

Also guess you are unaware of media commentary this evening.  Thanks for your reply, just as pointless and absent of any content.

We are being victimised by an out of date reputation at times. Tonight being another example.

Its a pointless fact, as not every foul is exactly the same, and the booking covers a wide range of offences. Its a totally pointless thing to be complaining about without going into detail about the exact foul taking place

2 hours ago, dave mc said:

5 am In Phuket, and I’d take a draw at start,but what was Midge doing falling for the worst step over of the season? Kano should’ve buried his chance ,but that’s why he’s here and not Dundee, thought we just about earned the point, but was surrounded by muff, whilst some Aussie spoke to the wife 

I'm just across the water in Krabi just now, was in Phuket a few days ago :cool:

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Its a pointless fact, as not every foul is exactly the same, and the booking covers a wide range of offences. Its a totally pointless thing to be complaining about without going into detail about the exact foul taking place

Ok, youve already said that but refs are quick to book our players, it's been rife all season given we've been pretty powder puff at times.  A felt we were booked quickly tonight yet Hibs don't get any. Even though booted us about for last 10 mins that should have had bookings... if it were us, sure as hell we'd have clicked up more bookings.  Ref in our games just don't seem to be consistent.   But if you don' see that, I'm just highighting the lack of fairness. 

Despite currently serving a 3 game ban, Lennon is very critical of the Ref's performance.

He wanted a red card for Alston's challenge on McGinn.

I'm old enough to remember when a red card was issued in this sort of situation , however nowadays it's seen by some as "taking one for the team".

After this Hibs player's were going down rather easily and pressuring the Ref. by surrounding him in attempts to get a sending off.

Sad really.

21 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

Neil Lennon is getting boring. He must infuriate Hibs fans...moan, moan, moan and eh moan.

Asking for Alston to be sent off and no mention of McGinn's absolutely shocking assault on Spoony. 

The BBC have even highlighted Blair’s foul but don’t even show McGinn’s. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43438474

no mention of Mcginn. No mention of their fouling holding onto a point. 

Mentions Davidson should have got a second yellow and seen red... I don'trecall Davidson getting booked?

Lennon is just making this up!  Media pushes it. Refs believe it. Fans believe it. Glad our gaffer isn't like Lennon!

Anyone watch the tv tonight.  Any mention on how unlucky we were not to pick up 3 points?  

Edited by Dave H

13 minutes ago, 541ntees said:

even stubbs said on bt sport that Alston could have broke his leg and was lucky to get away with a yellow, It was a clip to stop the break away and 3 defenders behind the play clear yellow all day long.

Stubbs spent the game waving to the Hibs fans, his opinion is irrelevant. Alstons tackle was identical to McGinns on Wotherspoon. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Stubbs spent the game waving to the Hibs fans, his opinion is irrelevant. Alstons tackle was identical to McGinns on Wotherspoon. 

I think McGinns was worse as he went in studs up. Alston was a cynical trip McGinn wasn't in much danger of injury when falling on grass.

Amazed nothing was made of the flying elbow from a Hibs player at the end of the first half.

6 hours ago, Dave H said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43438474

no mention of Mcginn. No mention of their fouling holding onto a point. 

Mentions Davidson should have got a second yellow and seen red... I don'trecall Davidson getting booked?

Lennon is just making this up!  Media pushes it. Refs believe it. Fans believe it. Glad our gaffer isn't like Lennon!

Anyone watch the tv tonight.  Any mention on how unlucky we were not to pick up 3 points?  

Don't recall Davidson he had a poor game by his standards! With his hair cut at one point I thought he was Alston he was so out of sorts.. unlucky not to get 3 points

The media in general brand as a physical side .. then you have idiots like Leveine mouthing off about us being dirty.. funny how half our team are injured due to other folks thuggery!? But that's ok it's only Saints? We had a great start to the season O'Halloran was on fire . .. he was assaulted by O'dea down at Dens, barely kicked a ball afterwards & we went on a wee downward spiral.. McMillan assaulted on his first game broken nose... ligament damage! Lost count of how many times Scougall was woofed up in the air with no protection from the ref.. you can be sure even if we are 'physical' we will be punished unlike other teams! COYS nobody likes us we don't care!