Post Split

Cagey

6 minutes ago, ejksjfc said:

Having a 16 team league wouldn’t remedy having meaningless games at the end of the season. However it would rid us of the monotony of having 4 games (in extreme cases 8)games a season against the same opposition.

I totally agree with you hence my earlier post.

stupid fuqing split.

7th place can end up with more points than 6th place and do they get more money out of this joke.

laughing stock of planet earth. 

2 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I think the budget we work with is based on 11th place, in addition to which we will have celtic champions league money for next season.

Budget is based on finishing 10th that is outwith the relegation spot and also the play off spot.

Sorry to contradict you Mainstand.

44 minutes ago, ejksjfc said:

Having a 16 team league wouldn’t remedy having meaningless games at the end of the season. However it would rid us of the monotony of having 4 games (in extreme cases 8)games a season against the same opposition.

The top 4 in the championship are shite. We'd be sitting mid table with nothing to play for by January, "aye but we'd only play each other twice" , absolute pish idea.

Guest ScottMann

Saints never play a meaningless match as far as I'm concerned!

I didn't fancy the split but think it's generally worked well. The only issue with it is the fixture imbalance after the split happens.

16 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Spfl delay announcement of Premier post split fixtures (despite knowing teams involved) until after weekend games , to enable talks to take place between Police and T.V. companies.

Announcement likely next week.

(Source- BBC Sport)

Yeah,so that OF don't play on the day that Celtic win the title.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Teams are struggling to make money as it is, not sure less home games will help remedy that, not unless a huge number of fans return every week because we're playing Morton for the second time instead of Kilmarnock for the third. 

Exactly this - clubs would view a 16-team league as financially disastrous and would never vote for it. You're not just looking at fewer matches against the bigger sides that bring the most fans - you're looking at fewer matches in general, plus an increase in smaller clubs in the league.

How exactly would the fans of a 16-team league want it to work? How many games would you expect? 30 isn't enough and 45 is too many, but if you want to get rid of splits, uneven home/away matches and playing the other teams 3 times then you can't go to 37 either.

2 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

16 team league would be rubbish. League position of 8th is most challenging to get bums on seats. No obvious relegation threat and out of top 6. We need to market well for next season, but how many times have we said that?

No doubt the slick marketing machine at the stadium will step up to the plate, wait for your phone call from Roddy Grant.

11 minutes ago, Jad said:

Dundee away! Round two better keep Zander away from McCann !

I thought Dundee was our only cert for home game.

Thistle & County. Both these games will not pull in what Dundee game would have. How the **** did Saints roll over & except that.