St.Johnstone v Motherwell - Saturday 7th April

SaintJet

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Davidson was booked for his first foul, as was Foster. Collum absolutely lost the plot in that game.

We played decent stuff but never really came close to scoring. Seasons petering out.

Lost my bet with Ghostie, I reckoned he would red card a Saints player for their first foul.

2 hours ago, tucker said:

Thought spoony played well in the middle next to Davidson and young Williamson we need to keep

Spoony was just ok. Murray was Murray and it was no surprise that Collum couldn't wait to flash the yellow card. Beginning to think there is an agenda against him. Probably the most fouled against player today, without fouls being given.

Williamson? Presume that is Williams.

Not as effective as his last performance , but he has got talent and would love to sign him up.

18 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

For a very assured performance today , my MOM goes to Kerr.

Not only did he dominate his opponent, winning headers , showed Joe and Ando how to pass to a teammate.

Cool under pressure.

The future is bright.

C.o.y.s.

Kerr will likely be away in the Summer

17 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

For a very assured performance today , my MOM goes to Kerr.

Not only did he dominate his opponent, winning headers , showed Joe and Ando how to pass to a teammate.

Cool under pressure.

The future is bright.

C.o.y.s.

Yeah my MoM. Think he only made one mistake & he had Main in his back pocket & their prolific scorer never got a shot on target.

47 minutes ago, Cagey said:

If a has been like Caulker is worth £2 million then so is a young guy with years ahead of him.

Comparable players are Jack Hendry and Liam Lindsay. Hendry went for £1m and clauses, Lindsay went for £300k and clauses. 

We should ask for a Hendry-esque figure.

Felt a little like a pre season friendly at times. 1st half both teams cancelled each other out and it was very much a physical battle which our 3 central defenders won well against Main and Bowman. Motherwell didn't have a sniff but the standard was poor. The only two pieces of quality came from Williams with two excellent passes, one for Macca which he didnt connect with and another marginal offside for Kane. He clearly has quality in his locker and would be a good addition to Saints.

Second half was much better. We used our shape more and got into great positions through Tanser on the left who absolutely terrorised their fullback. Another fine performance from Tanser. When you compare him to Foster on the other side its night and day. Speaking of Foster, he really is a bit of a t***. He's that guy in 5s who everyone hates because he moans at EVERYONE for the tiniest mistake. The abuse he gave Williams for one bad pass was just ludicrous. A real bad egg.

Other notable performance, the 3 central defenders all played well and Spoony was solid and passed quite well though should have scored. Williams shows glimpses of quality when you get him on the ball too.

All in, a decent enough performance against a lacklustre 'well. We still have problems up top though and if we want to get the best out of Tanser and his crosses we need a striker with presence who can attack a cross.

Kerr did well, Williams was the MOM for me. As others have said Muzz was booked for his first foul. The main stand linesman was awful, clearly missing or getting calls wrong but judging by the way his arms were pinned to his sides he obviously had been told by Collum not to make decisions. Tanner had good turn of speed but can lack in the final delivery. A woman sitting in the back row gave Mannus pelters for pushing away a shot  , she didn’t acknowledge the fact that it was a hard low shot that took a vicious dip and bobble, better to push it out rather than have it spin up and back into the path of an attacker. Agree with Broon’s comments re Foster, he really thinks he has it all. Not a great game but it would have been unjust if Saints had lost. Would like to see Liam Gordon , McClean and some of the others getting a run in the final games . On a brighter note the Dees got humped.

Thought all players won their individual battles. First half was even without any moments of excitement.  2 even teams I put that down to.

Second half clearly the dominant side in territory but few real chances. 

We ought to have won that today, can understand frustrations in the home support.   How can we attract more fans when it was 90 mins of quietness.  Only the ref warmed the crowd up which says more about Saints than the ref. 

It's been a while since I've seen us in a classic 0-0.  Shut out, yeah!

Edited by Dave H

17 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Davidson was booked for his first foul, as was Foster. Collum absolutely lost the plot in that game.

We played decent stuff but never really came close to scoring. Seasons petering out.

Collum was bad but for him that was a good game.  Muzz should never have been booked but Foster deserved his card.

One or two other Motherwell players would have been none the waur o a guid booking but did not see any gross blunders by Willie.

24 minutes ago, south inch said:

Collum was bad but for him that was a good game.  Muzz should never have been booked but Foster deserved his card.

One or two other Motherwell players would have been none the waur o a guid booking but did not see any gross blunders by Willie.

Another game where we get kicked all over the park second half. The protection for Williams was non existent.  How they were allowed to foul all second half and not spoken to is poor. Persistent fouling is a booking.  Gollum couldn't wait to book Davidson.  I'm thinking Muzz gets targeted these days by refs.

Motherwell win 18-9 on the fouls.  2 bookings per team.   All season this theme continues.  Why TW doesn't flag this up to the press is beyond me. 

Edited by Dave H

53 minutes ago, south inch said:

Williams was wiped out by two players simultaneously, from the side and behind, well after he played a pass, and there wasn't even a booking. 

He's incompetent to the point where it becomes dangerous because players start to think tackles like that are acceptable. 

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Williams was wiped out by two players simultaneously, from the side and behind, well after he played a pass, and there wasn't even a booking. 

He's incompetent to the point where it becomes dangerous because players start to think tackles like that are acceptable. 

I think he allowed to play on as we were breaking which is good but don't think he had a clue who caused the tackle.

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I think he allowed to play on as we were breaking which is good but don't think he had a clue who caused the tackle.

He can play on but both should be booked. He had a clear of view of both players and it happened a yard away from the linesman. There's zero excuse for that incident to have avoided a card.