Season Tickets 2018-2019

Havana Saint

Hope to see information regarding season tickets soon. An ambitious, creative and engaging advertising promotion would go a long way, rather than a passive expectancy of die hard renewals.

Hibs last night posted that they have already sold over 9,000 for next season already. We need to work hard off the pitch.

COYS

Hearts & Hibs have been on sale for a while.

Saints cant put them on sale until they know what league there are in.

Don't think we ever put them on sale before the end of season & quite honestly no matter when we put them on sale ,they will sell less than lastseason.

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Hearts & Hibs have been on sale for a while.

Saints cant put them on sale until they know what league there are in.

Don't think we ever put them on sale before the end of season & quite honestly no matter when we put them on sale ,they will sell less than lastseason.

I’d say everything at the club is on hold until it is mathematically confirmed that we cannot go down. Expect as soon as that is the case, we will see contracts etc all getting signed.

Wont hold my breath though on some great promotion of season tickets or any increase in sales. No one to promote it from the club like before and I think going by the recent gates and missing season ticket holders, we’ll be well down on even this year. Would love to see something like Huddersfield did a few years back with the £100 adult season tickets, but there is no way saints could afford to take such a hit and we wouldn’t get the upsurge to justify it.

Would however, like to see the club trying to sell itself a bit more. Defining silence from the club at the moment. I assume we have a new kit manufacturer signed up, but heard nothing yet. All the good work building up the community engagement over the last few years seems to have died off and if it’s not, it’s certainly not overly visible.

I never got this .why can any off you kunts not wait until the seasons over ? 

41 years and still going .never stopped me .

Is there people dying to buy a stjohnstone season ticket for next year ? 

Fuq off cannae belief that Ha ha joke eh ?

10 hours ago, slf said:

Is there people dying to buy a stjohnstone season ticket for next year ? 

Fuq off cannae belief that Ha ha joke eh ?

I agree .proof please

15 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

All the good work building up the community engagement over the last few years seems to have died off and if it’s not, it’s certainly not overly visible.

I believe one of the staff members just moved on from her job but there is still stuff going out on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheStJohnstoneCommunityTrust/

Season starts July?  It's only April.  An early season ticket opening such as Edinburgh sides makes me think they really need the cash now.. 

Usually it's an end of June renewal date, cost likely be the same as last season.

Idea:

Get fliers into all primary school children's school bags. Give every child 1 voucher to attend any game of choice with their parents for £10 per adult.  Or apply for season ticket and get £20 off with the flier.

Don't think I'm renewing my season ticket next season, going to pick and choose next season.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:01 PM, Dave H said:

Season starts July?  It's only April.  An early season ticket opening such as Edinburgh sides makes me think they really need the cash now.. 

Usually it's an end of June renewal date, cost likely be the same as last season.

Idea:

Get fliers into all primary school children's school bags. Give every child 1 voucher to attend any game of choice with their parents for £10 per adult.  Or apply for season ticket and get £20 off with the flier.

Don't think I'm renewing my season ticket next season, going to pick and choose next season.

At the moment only Saints, Hamilton and Killie have not announced season tickets in the SPFL

Ok I lied - Only us & Hamilton now www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=7100&ShowCat=

Edited by TheMarkChristie
Killie Update

3 hours ago, TheMarkChristie said:

At the moment only Saints, Hamilton and Killie have not announced season tickets in the SPFL

Ok I lied - Only us & Hamilton now www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=7100&ShowCat=

What is this fixation with selling season tickets whilst the present season is ongoing ?

1 hour ago, slf said:

What is this fixation with selling season tickets whilst the present season is ongoing ?

The case of a good business model.

Quite clearly every club in the SPFL (other than ourselves currently) wishes to maximise revenue from the present base and attract new customers. 

I hardly see commencing sales when the season is over as strategic. Strikes of late planning and a misunderstanding of how fans think and budget.

Seems quite ludicrous and lethargic. 

6 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

The case of a good business model.

Quite clearly every club in the SPFL (other than ourselves currently) wishes to maximise revenue from the present base and attract new customers. 

I hardly see commencing sales when the season is over as strategic. Strikes of late planning and a misunderstanding of how fans think and budget.

Seems quite ludicrous and lethargic. 

smacks of desperation and a complete willingness to fleece supporters at the earliest opportunity.

I disagree with your whole post.

Maybe season tickets should be on sale for the 2028-29 season going by your viewpoint !

How do you know how fans think and budget are you some kind of mindreader ?

1 hour ago, slf said:

smacks of desperation and a complete willingness to fleece supporters at the earliest opportunity.

Maybe season tickets should be on sale for the 2028-29 season going by your viewpoint!

Maybe not such a bad idea - my local club down here has just put a 10-year season ticket on sale.

The thing is, by announcing them early, you give fans time to plan and budget. You also get the news out to fans at a time when they're still in the mindset of actively thinking about and paying for football. In recent seasons (particularly the Cup final season) we've missed out by not having them available to buy during periods when the team has been doing well and there's an air of positivity about the place.

I can't really think of a single negative about getting them out early. If you prefer to buy later, you can still do that.

2 hours ago, slf said:

Maybe season tickets should be on sale for the 2028-29 season going by your viewpoint !

How do you know how fans think and budget are you some kind of mindreader ?

I think the benefits of selling them early are for both the club and the fans tbh. The club gets revenue earlier, so can budget better as well as all the usual upsides of having cash sitting there. If it wasn’t advantageous, then no club would sell them early.

For the fans, if they are paying by DD then would be more practical to just keep it going and pay over 12 months on a rolling basis. Decision is then to give up a season ticket, as opposed to get one for the next season.

I do however think having a season ticket is becoming less attractive year on year at saints. Not so much what goes on on the pitch, but games getting moved etc. Not all fans can make midweek games or Friday nights. Not just for Saints, but I think if a fixture is moved from its originally published date at the start of the season, then fans should be compensated in some way or be able to sell that games ticket back to the club, with the SPFL picking up the bill. 

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Maybe not such a bad idea - my local club down here has just put a 10-year season ticket on sale.

2 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

I think the benefits of selling them early are for both the club and the fans tbh. The club gets revenue earlier, so can budget better as well as all the usual upsides of having cash sitting there. If it wasn’t advantageous, then no club would sell them early.

For the fans, if they are paying by DD then would be more practical to just keep it going and pay over 12 months on a rolling basis. Decision is then to give up a season ticket, as opposed to get one for the next season.

Definitely worth pitching to the club.

One year season tickets with direct debit are becoming increasingly popular, coupled with the lack of interest in season tickets as a way of saving money generally = try to get fans to commit for longer, with less hassle, while offering a greater saving.

Ticks a few boxes for business savvy Brown. You would save money on the administration and hassle each year aswell if you could get your core 500 supporters to commit to a 5 year season ticket that is paid over 12 months of the year at a decently attracting “package” price..

I like the idea...

6 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Without electronic card entry gates though, what system would you put in place to ID anyone who got theír ST but then stopped paying their DD?

Well its the same at the moment i think, The club use a credit broker so there is nothing to stop you paying them and still going to the games?

20 hours ago, slf said:

Not sure if you are on the wind up and trying to get a bite?

If we sell them earlier we can budget slightly better for players on the next season, Remember the whole season ticket sales lost at the cup final? We are shit at marketing and being proactive lets just admit it

19 minutes ago, TheMarkChristie said:

If we sell them earlier we can budget slightly better for players on the next season, Remember the whole season ticket sales lost at the cup final? We are shit at marketing and being proactive lets just admit it

You won’t sell more season tickets just by extending the season ticket sale window.

the saints card was a Braw idea.hopefully this continues as I got more enjoyment and use out of the card than the shit entertainment on the pitch.maybe this should be marketed more proactively.

• 4 weeks later...