Season Tickets 2018-2019

Havana Saint

2 minutes ago, Noreen Caie said:

Season ticket sales really worry me this year as I have spoken to many loyal, long standing supporters who are thinking of not renewing, I will be if course.

You'd hope the club would put some extra incentive in due to the poor home form. Aberdeen have a AberDNA scheme. 

Seems like something worth copying, to me. 

AberDNA_benefits_web1.thumb.jpg.2c45d0149b77e4a6f057df26c7a42bce.jpg

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

You'd hope the club would put some extra incentive in due to the poor home form. Aberdeen have a AberDNA scheme. 

Seems like something worth copying, to me. 

AberDNA_benefits_web1.thumb.jpg.2c45d0149b77e4a6f057df26c7a42bce.jpg

Far too forward thinking, we'll get a sheet of paper in the post some time this summer to be filled outwith a Biro 

Folk coming up with ideas but remember we are dealing with a club who a few seasons ago decided to send most renewal details out by email, then entitled said email "test 1" when it arrived in your inbox.

I've posted before but I know ST holder who'd had one for at least a decade but couldn't renew a couple of years ago. There was no effort from the club to chase up a sale and then no attempt to contact them the next season.

On a related point, with this new privacy stuff coming in (on Friday, I think) are the club going to be allowed to contact fans that haven't given consent if they don't before then? Think folk like @Kevin are up on this?

5 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

Folk coming up with ideas but remember we are dealing with a club who a few seasons ago decided to send most renewal details out by email, then entitled said email "test 1" when it arrived in your inbox.

I've posted before but I know ST holder who'd had one for at least a decade but couldn't renew a couple of years ago. There was no effort from the club to chase up a sale and then no attempt to contact them the next season.

On a related point, with this new privacy stuff coming in (on Friday, I think) are the club going to be allowed to contact fans that haven't given consent if they don't before then? Think folk like @Kevin are up on this?

That's true. I am getting loads of stuff asking me to confirm I still want to receive e_mails.

Re incentives. We get a discount card for Frankie & Benny's.

21 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

GDPR kicks in so they will not be able to email you unless you have "double opt in" any company in breech of this can be fined 4% of thier turnover - most companies will have sent out an email by now asking people to confirm they are happy to opt in (hence the double opt in) 

If I where the club I would issue a email to all fans with the season ticket details and the option to stay opted in 

19 minutes ago, Cagey said:

That's true. I am getting loads of stuff asking me to confirm I still want to receive e_mails.

Re incentives. We get a discount card for Frankie & Benny's.

I think I got more value (£120) discount in MKM than I did from my season ticket

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

No doubt we'll either not send emails at all or send them before this becomes an issue. The opt in sounds too much like forward thinking to happen at Saints.

Saturday is the deadline for it...……. We have had since April 2016 to implement this, so we may have already done this but i have not seen any mails that smell of GDPR

You have to bear in mind that there is a huge number of people that no longer even receive emails from the club despite being on their database, such is the substandard software they use. How many times have you heard someone complaining they used to get Tommy's weekly email however no longer do? I know I'm certainly in that boat!

So even if the club were to be even remotely proactive and send the opt in email to adhere with GDPR, half the people on the database would never even see it.  

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Which is the kind of thinking that holds Saints back at times.

This kind of thinking will hopefully help Saints move forward significantly and quickly if we get the right person in. Fingers crossed.

Indeed.

From my understanding with the new GDPR rules they probably won't be able to contact any lapsed season ticket holders anyway.

Will be interesting to find out if the club do hold any information on a database. I have never had a season ticket but ordered tickets for cup games quite frequently.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

This kind of thinking will hopefully help Saints move forward significantly and quickly if we get the right person in. Fingers crossed.

"• Responsibility for maintaining, developing and improving Club address databases and ensuring the Club is compliant with all aspects of the GDPR Regulations."

Some list of duties! 

5 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

"• Responsibility for maintaining, developing and improving Club address databases and ensuring the Club is compliant with all aspects of the GDPR Regulations."

Some list of duties! 

I remember after a meet the manager/chairman event, the mantra was 'Ross will deal with it'. Whoever the newbie is seems to have the same remit! Hard job.

2 minutes ago, Jad said:

Jezzo, one minute folk are moaning about a lack of communication etc and now there’s issues about job and the scale! LAUGH OUT LOUD

Well lets be honest, If you are Proficient levels of all basic IT skill does that not mean you have good IT skills 

9 minutes ago, Jad said:

Jezzo, one minute folk are moaning about a lack of communication etc and now there’s issues about job and the scale! LAUGH OUT LOUD

They are spreading one person so thin it won't produce quality and in the end it will cause a job to lie vacant for months again when that person leaves.

If they just did it properly then there wouldn't be complaints about lack of communication or the stupidly large remit of the job role.

12 minutes ago, Jad said:

I'm not complaining at all - it's a very positive step. It is an exceptionally hard job for someone though, especially as it's a 35 hour week and there's an expectation that you'll attend all home and away games. Add in video editing, school visits, interviews and evening events, it's going to be a time consuming job.

A brilliant job, but it'll take someone who really cares about the club to do it IMO.

53 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Just called the Club and they intend having the information sent out within the next 2 weeks,

Bev was on twitter yesterday saying information would be released this week, so I'd imagine we'll get the prices etc this week and renewal forms sent out in the post to chase it later.