Season Tickets 2018-2019

Havana Saint

http://perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/season-ticket-renewal-update

Really interesting that 40% of season ticket holders don't attend our home matches against Celtic/Sevco. I know a lot of people are put off by these games but I'm really shocked that such a high percentage would decide against going to matches that they've already paid for. Or is this percentage partly because these matches often tend not to be played at 3pm on a Saturday?

Either way it certainly shows a big shift from how things used to be - these used to be the matches that we were guaranteed big home crowds from. Now they're the ones that we're having to lure people to with special offers.

34 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Really interesting that 40% of season ticket holders don't attend our home matches against Celtic/Sevco. I know a lot of people are put off by these games but I'm really shocked that such a high percentage would decide against going to matches that they've already paid for. Or is this percentage partly because these matches often tend not to be played at 3pm on a Saturday?

Either way it certainly shows a big shift from how things used to be - these used to be the matches that we were guaranteed big home crowds from. Now they're the ones that we're having to lure people to with special offers.

I know for me i try and get to them but most of the time they are moved for TV so it makes it more difficult

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I am one of them. Got sick of listening to all the shit they spout, especially midweek TV games.I am up at 5.30 most mornings and just plumped to give ST to a pal and watch most OF games on tv

2 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I am one of them. Got sick of listening to all the shit they spout, especially midweek TV games.I am up at 5.30 most mornings and just plumped to give ST to a pal and watch most OF games on tv

I assumed it would be season tickets which weren't used. If you just passed it on to a pal, it would still count I think. Aside from that, I can't believe that stat. c.750 people don't come.

Majority of those who don’t attend will either be children or those who attend with children. Quite rightly, if they do not want there child exposed to sectarian bile.

Our support will be mixed, and many will not want to experience being abused for 2hours due to there religion.

I think the initiative is positive, although can’t see it changing the mind of many of those who don’t attend for above reason.

Great for the club to continue the free U12 scheme, and the U20 pricing structure, I suspect will be beneficial for many.

Am I reading it correctly, it is only 1 extra person you can bring along at £10?

Pretty sure I could get a few along at £10, but no takers at £26.

I have given a good few of these games a miss as they have either clashed with work or been on a Friday evening and I am up at 04.00 hrs for work on a Saturday.

1 hour ago, Papa Jack said:

I assumed it would be season tickets which weren't used. If you just passed it on to a pal, it would still count I think. Aside from that, I can't believe that stat. c.750 people don't come.

Does seem realistic tbh, home end can be almost completely deserted in some sections. 

Dont blame these people at all, and totally unconvinced offering them a cheap addition ticket will make any difference at all, you'll just find the same people going but half of them are now going with their season ticket holding mate. 

I'm another who doesn't go. Anything other than a Saturday afternoon 3pm k-o is pretty much out for me, so combined with all the midweek games and crap weather for travelling to Perth during the winter, the amount of games I miss now means I'm now better off paying at the gate. I'm not alone in this, and no amount of "offers" is going to change that.

The clubs were quick enough to sign up to Sky/BT and take their cash to appease the bigoted weegies, so they're really in no position to moan when folk say, "Nah, I'm giving the ugly sisters' games a miss" for whatever reason.

From this discussion it would appear many folk miss these games because of the changed kick off time rather than the opposition. It would be interesting to see how much saints make from the TV deal once you subtract the cost of ST holders not being there to buy pies, and of non-ST, occasional attenders who don’t come at all.

1 hour ago, slf said:
  1. If ye can opt in for a cup top up there should be a Rangers/Celtic league fixture opt out.
  2. sick of the shit those fuqers get away with.
  3. i want to stand in the stand without hearing religious and political bullshit.

What stand in the main stand ? Watch your tartan blanket doesn’t get dirty old ain or even worse you drop your prawn sandwich, doesn’t bare thinking about ....

8 hours ago, rickardo said:

What stand in the main stand ? Watch your tartan blanket doesn’t get dirty old ain or even worse you drop your prawn sandwich, doesn’t bare thinking about ....

Too right ,sod the sandwich though am more concerned about ma voddy hipflask being discovered.

21 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Will the new offer the club are proposing do anything to change your mind about going? Just curious.

13 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

From this discussion it would appear many folk miss these games because of the changed kick off time rather than the opposition. It would be interesting to see how much saints make from the TV deal once you subtract the cost of ST holders not being there to buy pies, and of non-ST, occasional attenders who don’t come at all.

Could be wrong but I suspect the TV money will still make it worth it for the club even with the drop in home crowds.

Would be interesting to know if the 40% drop is only among season ticket holders, or if that's reflected by the entire home crowd.

This £10 for OF games might be counter productive. If you take the cost of 3 OF games off the season ticket I think it only leaves the value of 2 games free. Take a couple of weeks holiday off that +.  then it may be worth not renewing ST & getting in with your mate.Didn't spend too long on the maths so prepared to be shot down.

Not surprised at all about the 40% drop. Not exactly an entertaining prospect. Might actually be higher than the stated 40% as some I’m sure, will pass their ST onto mates or family. 

It’ll never happen, but I’d like to see a system whereby you can sell back your match ticket to the club for certain games. For example, if a game is moved to a Sunday for TV, then I could sell back my ticket from the ST book back to the club for a reduced fee, say the £10 quoted. Would only be fair if the fixture has moved from that advertised and up to x days before the game though.

Overall, the ST’s are great value as is the Saints card. Club should be commended for a great package, just a shame they don’t seem capable of really selling/pushing it upon people.

Maybe some of that might tie in with the BLK deal as reading between the lines, it seems to be more than just the strips being supplied?

32 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

Not surprised at all about the 40% drop. Not exactly an entertaining prospect. Might actually be higher than the stated 40% as some I’m sure, will pass their ST onto mates or family. 

It’ll never happen, but I’d like to see a system whereby you can sell back your match ticket to the club for certain games. For example, if a game is moved to a Sunday for TV, then I could sell back my ticket from the ST book back to the club for a reduced fee, say the £10 quoted. Would only be fair if the fixture has moved from that advertised and up to x days before the game though.

Overall, the ST’s are great value as is the Saints card. Club should be commended for a great package, just a shame they don’t seem capable of really selling/pushing it upon people.

Maybe some of that might tie in with the BLK deal as reading between the lines, it seems to be more than just the strips being supplied?

There are clubs who do 15 games season tickets (in Englandshire) and they have to nominate what games they are going to attend when the tickets for that match go on sales

That requires a ticket management system online and the selling of tickets online but that is the kind of ticket that would entice a lot more people to buy (the clubs still do full season tickets as well)

4 minutes ago, TheMarkChristie said:

There are clubs who do 15 games season tickets (in Englandshire) and they have to nominate what games they are going to attend when the tickets for that match go on sales

That requires a ticket management system online and the selling of tickets online but that is the kind of ticket that would entice a lot more people to buy (the clubs still do full season tickets as well)

Aberdeen do/did something similar too for offshore workers. Think it was maybe 8 games or something, but excluded certain games.

On the ticketing system, I see Motherwell have moved to using ticketmaster for theirs.

I think the tickets are great value, especially in comparison to the walk-up prices.

Take at adult ticket in the East Stand at £320. With your £23 walk-up price, you are only paying for 14 games, so are getting 7 free including the Betfred Cup ones.

I can't think of any other industry where you'd get 21 of something for the price of 14, unless it was socks from The Barras.

7 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Will the new offer the club are proposing do anything to change your mind about going? Just curious.

Could be wrong but I suspect the TV money will still make it worth it for the club even with the drop in home crowds.

Would be interesting to know if the 40% drop is only among season ticket holders, or if that's reflected by the entire home crowd.

Yes probably as I could take my Laddie