Season Tickets 2018-2019

Havana Saint

I'm not in a position to renew.

Also had my 2 young kids on the season ticket, but they didnt attend any games (still too young to want to go)  might add to kids missing the evening Old Firm games.

While I work away during week, makes weekends more family orientated now.  

I hate how we play v Celtic or Rangers at home... totally detest the negative tactics... especially v Rangers.  

Last season home was one of the worst in general, so picking and choosing my home games next season as my priorities are changing, I haven't travelled away last season but will do next season in sacrafice to a shitey rearranged TV game on a Friday night, as example.  

Could be a tough old season ahead if no one can score goals.......

The fact its 2018 and we still don't have an online ticketing system is nothing short of embarassing. Clubs will be teleporting fans to game before we get rid of paper tickets.

The lack of technology undermines all the good work we do to encourage young fans to come to games.

Edited by Broon

1 hour ago, Broon said:

The fact its 2018 and we still don't have an online ticketing system is nothing short of embarassing. Clubs will be teleporting fans to game before we get rid of paper tickets.

The lack of technology undermines all the good work we do to encourage young fans to come to games.

They can't even get thee name right on the e-mails if you get them.

Never mind the new laundry person might be able to do it between washes.

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 9:51 AM, Radford 72 said:

Folk coming up with ideas but remember we are dealing with a club who a few seasons ago decided to send most renewal details out by email, then entitled said email "test 1" when it arrived in your inbox.

I've posted before but I know ST holder who'd had one for at least a decade but couldn't renew a couple of years ago. There was no effort from the club to chase up a sale and then no attempt to contact them the next season.

On a related point, with this new privacy stuff coming in (on Friday, I think) are the club going to be allowed to contact fans that haven't given consent if they don't before then? Think folk like @Kevin are up on this?

Thanks, just noticed this, the club have done nothing about GDPR as far as I can see, nothing has been sent out and neither have they notified anyone about the change to the privacy terms and conditions. They have to, by law now, check with everyone on their database whether they still wish to be contacted, about what and by which method. This should have been done prior to 25th May but doesn't seem to have been done. I will catch the GM as his parents stay next door to me and find out. Watch this space

45 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Thanks, just noticed this, the club have done nothing about GDPR as far as I can see, nothing has been sent out and neither have they notified anyone about the change to the privacy terms and conditions. They have to, by law now, check with everyone on their database whether they still wish to be contacted, about what and by which method. This should have been done prior to 25th May but doesn't seem to have been done. I will catch the GM as his parents stay next door to me and find out. Watch this space

Some lawyers were discussing this on a radio program. They said that if you have already given your details that consent has been given and that companies are overreacting by asking for consent again. They seemed to suggest that the date was a preparedness thing and not an absolute requirement.

20 minutes ago, andrew said:

Some lawyers were discussing this on a radio program. They said that if you have already given your details that consent has been given and that companies are overreacting by asking for consent again. They seemed to suggest that the date was a preparedness thing and not an absolute requirement.

It depends on how you gave your consent Andrew, if you opt-in for contact you physically/electronically have to tick a box saying that you want to receive this. it is known as informed consent as the company has to tell you what they do with your information and who they will give it to for processing. If it is just one of those, "to continue using our site please click on I consent" then this is not how it should be working. A lot of places are doing this and are all being cautioned by the Information Commissioner that she will be requiring them to comply with the new regulations. All the companies you interact with must contact you to tell you about your new rights and ask you to consent to them continuing to use your data but in the ways that you want them to. You even have the right to anonymity now where, other than in a contracted process, you can ask them to stop contacting you and also all the other companies they are pssing your data onto. This is the right to be forgotten!

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

It depends on how you gave your consent Andrew, if you opt-in for contact you physically/electronically have to tick a box saying that you want to receive this. it is known as informed consent as the company has to tell you what they do with your information and who they will give it to for processing. If it is just one of those, "to continue using our site please click on I consent" then this is not how it should be working. A lot of places are doing this and are all being cautioned by the Information Commissioner that she will be requiring them to comply with the new regulations. All the companies you interact with must contact you to tell you about your new rights and ask you to consent to them continuing to use your data but in the ways that you want them to. You even have the right to anonymity now where, other than in a contracted process, you can ask them to stop contacting you and also all the other companies they are pssing your data onto. This is the right to be forgotten!

I got an e-mail on 27/5/2018 titled 'Let Saints stay in touch'.

Basicly it says I am their database & because of GDPR they want to keep in touch but if I don't want them to then I should unsubscribe.

The fact that they are still calling me Jim,I am not sure how legal that is.

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

Yes they have 

Season ticket renewal forms packs have it in them

15 hours ago, Cagey said:

Basicly it says I am their database & because of GDPR they want to keep in touch but if I don't want them to then I should unsubscribe.

Cagey, they're confusing you with Jimmy Cagney. :wink:

16 hours ago, Cagey said:

Jim is quiet mild to what some people call you on here :laugh:

Maybe not the right thread for this, but have the club ever been so late in terms of getting things organised for next season?

Our first competitive game is 3 1/2 weeks away, yet we still haven’t announced a sponsor, strips (other than a new supplier) more than 2 friendlies (our apparent opposition have advertised that we are playing them over a week ago) no signings, no player or manger snippets, no season ticket advertising (sending out packs to existing holders doesn’t count) and even then it had players that have now left!!

Appreciate much will be in hand behind the scenes, but doesn’t give off an impression of a premiership club. 

Edited by TheYellowBox

22 hours ago, Kevin said:

Thanks Kevin. That makes more sense.