Season Tickets 2018-2019

Havana Saint

14 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Given the population of the Saints catchment area, 2,000 ST sales is fantastic, and way above what almost all SPPFLPL teams achieve, on a comparable basis. But yes, the marketing could be tons better. The answer, however, remains the same - summer football.

Why is Summer football the answer? The season would run February to November, would include the Summer holidays where families go away for multiple weeks, and would miss out Christmas Eve and New Year's Day matches, the two best attended of the whole season. 

Not played a New Year’s Day game for years,pitches would be better, so would the weather,our teams would be up and running for Europe, more likely to get more folk wanting to go in nice weather, I take it you weren’t at Dingwall last December, when it was -4 pissing rain and  snow , no other football , so better deal from tv, why’s it not worth a try?

13 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Not played a New Year’s Day game for years,pitches would be better, so would the weather,our teams would be up and running for Europe, more likely to get more folk wanting to go in nice weather, I take it you weren’t at Dingwall last December, when it was -4 pissing rain and  snow , no other football , so better deal from tv, why’s it not worth a try?

Teams who play Summer football do worse in European Qualifiers than teams who play "Winter" football. 

And as I say, school holidays cut into the summer months, and the season would run February to November, so it's not as if it'll be exclusively sunny the whole time. 

Pitches wouldn't be better, as the recovery period between seasons would be late December/January, when grass isn't exactly keen on growing. 

Summer football being a good thing is a complete ****ing myth. 

Saints got beat by 3 teams we’d have beaten if we were into our season, as they were,march to October would be possible, with proper planning, but that might be spfl’s  downfall,still worth a go imo, we’ve nothing to lose, Alan Burrows is very pro it, but doesn’t think time is right 

Apart from holidays there are other activities that become available in the Summer. One for example is golf. I know several regular attenders including a couple of ST holders who stop going in late April as golf competitions kick in. (Except for cup finals). 

The only thing that could help increase support apart from warmer weather is amateur /junior players may come along as long as their seasons don’t change. However even their Summer break isn’t that long.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Why is Summer football the answer? The season would run February to November, would include the Summer holidays where families go away for multiple weeks, and would miss out Christmas Eve and New Year's Day matches, the two best attended of the whole season. 

Can't remember Saints ever playing on Christmas Eve.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Tell me random? How many kids do you have? 

I have a hard enough time getting my kids to attend games in good weather, Nov-Mar there is not a chance in hell of them going to sit in the cold for 2hrs, and i’m getting much the same through the cold period. 

I’m an ex die hard that attended every game for years but the thought of travelling the 100 miles each way to a home game in cold, minging weather to watch 22 guys hoof a ball around a waterlogged pitch doesn’t exactly fill me with joy.

Yes, we take a 2 week holiday over the summer but I can categorically tell you that I would attend far more games annually with summer football.

I’d be interested to see how the teams that switched to summer football did in Europe before they made the move. 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Teams who play Summer football do worse in European Qualifiers than teams who play "Winter" football. 

And as I say, school holidays cut into the summer months, and the season would run February to November, so it's not as if it'll be exclusively sunny the whole time. 

Pitches wouldn't be better, as the recovery period between seasons would be late December/January, when grass isn't exactly keen on growing. 

Summer football being a good thing is a complete ****ing myth. 

You need to realise you don't speak for everyone. Plenty of people might prefer summer football.  I don't know and neither do you. 

Pitches WOULD be better.  Their recovery would be much quicker between games. Grass grows very quickly in the summer. 

Your last sentence is both arrogant and ignorant. But that's no great surprise coming from you.

8 hours ago, dave mc said:

Saints got beat by 3 teams we’d have beaten if we were into our season, as they were,march to October would be possible, with proper planning, but that might be spfl’s  downfall,still worth a go imo, we’ve nothing to lose, Alan Burrows is very pro it, but doesn’t think time is right 

You have absolutely no proof we'd have beaten them. Fwiw we'd end up out of sync with the English transfer market too. When would we sign players? Or would every team be completely rebuilt halfway through the season as there's nobody available to sign in January? 

Would English clubs loan you players Jan-Jan, would players sign knowing their contracts would expire in January and it's unlikely they'll get signed as they haven't played since November. 

What happens every two years when the league competes with the Euros/World Cup for fans?

48 minutes ago, jhq said:

Can't remember Saints ever playing on Christmas Eve.

You know what I meant. 

46 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Tell me random? How many kids do you have? 

I have a hard enough time getting my kids to attend games in good weather, Nov-Mar there is not a chance in hell of them going to sit in the cold for 2hrs, and i’m getting much the same through the cold period. 

I’m an ex die hard that attended every game for years but the thought of travelling the 100 miles each way to a home game in cold, minging weather to watch 22 guys hoof a ball around a waterlogged pitch doesn’t exactly fill me with joy.

Yes, we take a 2 week holiday over the summer but I can categorically tell you that I would attend far more games annually with summer football.

I’d be interested to see how the teams that switched to summer football did in Europe before they made the move. 

We had two games, in July, at lowered prices, against teams we don't regularly play. 

Everyone claims Summer football with an expanded league and lowered prices would see "crowds rise massively". 

Care to tell me how high those crowds were compared to Boxing Day/New Years attendances? 

You're literally arguing that more fans would attend games in June/first week in July than December, as that's all Summer football would do. That's exactly when people go away on holiday. 

We've also had European games in July when crowds were huge.  Gates against East Fife and Falkirk in the League Cup aren't going to be massively affected by playing them in the summer.  League games might though. Or they might not. I don't know how crowds would be affected by playing summer football.  AND NEITHER DO YOU. It's maybe worth giving it a try though.

As Pat said, kids hate sitting in the cold. Driving 100 miles to a game in Winter isn't much fun either.   

What makes you think it can't possibly work?

3 hours ago, jhq said:

We've also had European games in July when crowds were huge.  Gates against East Fife and Falkirk in the League Cup aren't going to be massively affected by playing them in the summer.  League games might though. Or they might not. I don't know how crowds would be affected by playing summer football.  AND NEITHER DO YOU. It's maybe worth giving it a try though.

As Pat said, kids hate sitting in the cold. Driving 100 miles to a game in Winter isn't much fun either.   

Well yes, I do. Nations who've moved to Summer football neither see an increase in average crowds, nor an increase in European performances. 

I'm sure there's one or two who have since returned to "Winter" football. 

I'm nor sure "it's worth having a go" tbh, you'd completely disrupt at least two seasons to move to it, and then you can't just move back instantly, you'd be disrupting another two seasons to get back into the flow of it. The obvious downsides always out weight he potential benefits, which is why we'll thankfully never see it. 

Edited by RandomGuy

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Well yes, I do. Nations who've moved to Summer football neither see an increase in average crowds, nor an increase in European performances. 

I'm sure there's one or two who have since returned to "Winter" football. 

I'm nor sure "it's worth having a go" tbh, you'd completely disrupt at least two seasons to move to it, and then you can't just move back instantly, you'd be disrupting another two seasons to get back into the flow of it. The obvious downsides always out weight he potential benefits, which is why we'll thankfully never see it. 

That is your opinion and you're entitled to it.  It's not everyone else's opinion. You have no proof or evidence that summer football wouldn't work.  

9 hours ago, jhq said:

You need to realise you don't speak for everyone. Plenty of people might prefer summer football.  I don't know and neither do you. 

Pitches WOULD be better.  Their recovery would be much quicker between games. Grass grows very quickly in the summer. 

Your last sentence is both arrogant and ignorant. But that's no great surprise coming from you.

I went to Montrose and Forfar and going to QOS 

If these games had been in winter  I might have went at best

We have had a really good summer and ok we might not always get that but standing at a game with just a pair of shorts and a Saints top was great

No jacket, hat.gloves, umpteen liars of clothes. Braw

Summer Football for me, much better than sitting in cauld wet damp stand st Firhill any day of the week

6 hours ago, jhq said:

I  agree.

would much rather go away for a holiday fortnight in the winter to somewhere sunny than sit in Baltic Britain.

we have it all wrong going away to sunnier climates in summer.we should stay at home have ice cream at the footie rather than a boiling bovril to keep ye warm.plenty ice in your voddy in the outdoor fan zone sounds to me most Braw.

lets do it.

2 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

We have had a really good summer and ok we might not always get that but standing at a game with just a pair of shorts and a Saints top was great

Summer Football for me, much better than sitting in cauld wet damp stand st Firhill any day of the week

Again, you'd still have the cold weather of October, November, February and March to contend with. Cold weather isn't exclusive to December. 

Theres also no guarantee June won't be filled with downpours either. 

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Again, you'd still have the cold weather of October, November, February and March to contend with. Cold weather isn't exclusive to December. 

Theres also no guarantee June won't be filled with downpours either. 

Give me downpours at 15C over sun and wind and 3C any day. 

Ive attended every game apart from Falkirk due to a prior engagement. I’d have gone to none in winter. 

Its the main reason I don’t buy a season ticket. I don’t go to OF games or travel when the weather is bad

November is rarely actually that bad, same with December. January, February and March tend to be the bad ones. 

Why the club don’t do a ten game ticket is beyond me! That I would buy.

5 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

In future can you at least put a hat on.

The glare from your cranium at Forfar was blinding.:laugh:

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Seems that Zebra Finance are going the same way as BLK if the papers are to be believed. For a lot of fans it's the only way they can afford to buy a season ticket. Hope the club can find some other provider.

Club seems to get into bed with some cheap options ?.