Sign in to follow this  
Jad

Chris Millar Testimonial

Recommended Posts

The S** newspaper has a brief piece on Chris Miller’s testimonial, saying that there will be an event in Perth with Stuart Cosgrove at end of month (May?). Does anyone know what else is lined up, is there an organising committee etc. Hoping that he gets a good testimonial as he has been a great player for us, never hides and has been fully committed to the club and fans. Definitely a role model for younger players. Would love to see him get a one year deal with perhaps a coaching/training role but resigned to the fact that he is likely to be away so hoping that we can at least give him a good send off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/632877/time-to-toast-cup-hero-chris-millar-as-st-johnstones-great-servant-kicks-off-testimonial-year/

There will be a match against as yet unknown opposition, an already sold-out special episode of BBC Radio Scotland’s Off The Ball Live on April 20, a golf day at Auchterarder on June 1, and both a boxing dinner (September 1) and testimonial dinner (November 3) at the Salutation Hotel in Perth.

 

Edited by garydavidson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aitchy said:

Well deserved testimonial.

Was the Off the Ball event advertised? 

It must have been somewhere for it to sell out but I hadn't seen anything about it. The testimonial twitter feed didn't seem to have anything on it.

Guess Off The Ball may just be that popular?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

So, was it advertised to the wider support, or, was it a case that Roddy and Steve Browns associates got first refusal?

Just seems strange that a testimonial year is announced, but we are told that the first event is sold out.

Considering the amount of slagging he has had on here lately it hardly surprising this forum is not in the ken.!LAUGH OUT LOUD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Aitchy said:

So, was it advertised to the wider support, or, was it a case that Roddy and Steve Browns associates got first refusal?

Just seems strange that a testimonial year is announced, but we are told that the first event is sold out.

You may just be joking but is it not the case that the club  take very little to do with testimonials? Hence the testimonial committee set up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:27 AM, Aitchy said:

Well deserved testimonial.

Was the Off the Ball event advertised? 

No it was not generally  advertised.  It's not an episode /programme of off the ball. it is not a  radio event. it's a pie and a pint night.  One of the reasons it was not advertised was that it was the fact that (bizarrely) the venue  (a members club) seemingly does not allow events to be advertised.  The venue holds only 90 and these tickets were all sold very quickly , some directly to fans, a few to sponsors of the testimonial year and  other events.  I am not 100% sure  how this event was planned as it was already organised before I was asked to join the testimonial committee but given the size of the venue, demand was always going to outstrip supply. I had  a small amount of tickets and these were all sold to fans but I realised straight away that however many I had, it was never gonna be enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, garydavidson said:

You may just be joking but is it not the case that the club  take very little to do with testimonials? Hence the testimonial committee set up. 

You are correct. The club has next to nothing to do with a testimonial apart from the match.. All other events are organised by the committee with no assistance from the club..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

You are correct. The club has next to nothing to do with a testimonial apart from the match.. All other events are organised by the committee with no assistance from the club..

How is the committee formed? Always wondered that.

Bizarre situation with the Off the Ball event not being advertised. But at least it's a sell-out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

No it was not generally  advertised.  It's not an episode /programme of off the ball. it is not a  radio event. it's a pie and a pint night.  One of the reasons it was not advertised was that it was the fact that (bizarrely) the venue  (a members club) seemingly does not allow events to be advertised.  The venue holds only 90 and these tickets were all sold very quickly , some directly to fans, a few to sponsors of the testimonial year and  other events.  I am not 100% sure  how this event was planned as it was already organised before I was asked to join the testimonial committee but given the size of the venue, demand was always going to outstrip supply. I had  a small amount of tickets and these were all sold to fans but I realised straight away that however many I had, it was never gonna be enough. 

Thanks.

Seems bizarre that they would hold the event in such a small venue. I'm sure they could have used a much bigger venue and allowed the wider support an opportunity to purchase tickets for an event which I'm sure would appeal to many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aitchy said:

Thanks.

Seems bizarre that they would hold the event in such a small venue. I'm sure they could have used a much bigger venue and allowed the wider support an opportunity to purchase tickets for an event which I'm sure would appeal to many.

Even more bizarre that a venue would be chosen that doesn't allow the event to be advertised to the people who might want to go to it! Would be interesting to know how those fans who got tickets managed to get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this