Chris Millar Testimonial

Jad

The statement from Struans was  wrong and has since been  changed. The golf was never an invitation only event.  I have been asked by testimonial committee chairman  to clarify this.  The golf day is and was open to anyone who was happy to pay the price of £400 per team or £100 per person. As far as I am aware there were at least four spaces left . I am at a meeting tomorrow night and  will  post on here tomorrow afterwards  if there are  still any spaces remaining.     If anyone has any questions they want answered, just fire me a PM and I will be happy to   do my best to answer them.  

Cheers.

Gordon.

On 05/05/2018 at 9:15 PM, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

This will be a pre-season friendly and a competitive game as requested by both managers

Queer how the club "granted "the testimonial game to be played at McDiarmid, yet it is part of the club's pre-season warmups. 

On 05/05/2018 at 9:15 PM, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

This will be a pre-season friendly and a competitive game as requested by both managers

If it is a friendly will Midge be allowed to play if he is signed for another team ?.

13 hours ago, Cagey said:

If it is a friendly will Midge be allowed to play if he is signed for another team ?.

Presumably that's something he'll need to negotiate with his new club if he has one. They'll have to be OK with him potentially getting injured in pre-season while playing for another team.

13 minutes ago, Dave H said:

As for a new deal, see many comments on it, for me he's finished at this level. Great player, legend, but all good things come to an end. 

Have to agree with you. I think there was always going to be posts saying he should get a new contract.

Suspect a drop down 1 division will help him, but would not be surprised to see St Mirren making a wee play for him.

4 hours ago, Dave H said:

Testimonial being competitive? Can only help Aberdeen in their Euro quest. 

As for a new deal, see many comments on it, for me he's finished at this level. Great player, legend, but all good things come to an end. 

Were you at the game on Saturday ? & suffered 60 mins of shyte until Millar came on & changed the game by taking the ball down & playing football & dragging his team mates along with him.

I was like most who thought we should let him go last season but he has worked on his problem & his fitness. Any time he has spent on the pitch this season he has probably been our best player & never been subbed through injury.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Were you at the game on Saturday ? & suffered 60 mins of shyte until Millar came on & changed the game by taking the ball down & playing football & dragging his team mates along with him.

Yes i was there. Millar didnt change the game, he got the ball, took his time and bought himself some thinking time but thats his class, he cant last a game now. Final game was rough for 90 mins, glad to see him come on and play well enough. Ross County run out of effort, they couldnt keep that up all game, and possibly their players knew Thistle winning.  Im not going to slag Millar off as I'm a huge fan of his, but this season hasnt worked out for him, just glad to see him get some games after a weird period of missing from the match day squad earlier in season. I certainly think we will be quite ok without him. Need someone akin to Millar from a few seasons ago when he actually pushes forward and picks out forward passes more often than a side pass.

22 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

You putting your name down for next years poty, rickardo says you are a pussy and a lightweight, you gonna prove him wrong :laugh:

I well remember the days when rickardo regularly would be asleep by 8pm.hes now had years of training to get where he is.

poty next year ,maybe .