1 hour ago, dublin saint said:

As big a shambles as their Glasgow Sevco mates, good luck to Macca, decent lad who gave everything on the pitch and topped it off with that goal,  having to give the standard shitey quotes to get them onside, think will be more the coaching and odd cameo appearance, as this season was one too far for him (looking for a wee cameo in the next 5 games though!) 

Some comments on the Scotsman website that I did chuckle at:

"Well that bangs on the head any chance of a deal for the youngster Naismith.
Clive Dunn and Arthur Lowe would get a game for us next season."

"With the age of your new signing and looking at getting Mcgregor in from Hull, the dressing room will be smelling of ralgex and old cats."

"Stanley Mathews played at Tyny when he was 50. So nothing wrong with signing geriatrics. Most of our team are older than plonker Cathro"

I am sorry but what exactly is it with this article that has upset you?  The EE is an ABERDEEN paper so therefore can justifiably refer to Stevie as an  ex Don. Nothing in that article either “quotes” from Stevie or input from EE is any way derogatory to either Saints or Stevie. As an ABERDEEN based paper they are perfectly entitled to slant any story towards ABERDEEN F.C. In my opinion Hearts have got a great player but I do think Stevie has got perhaps the best of the deal.

11 hours ago, ejksjfc said:

I am sorry but what exactly is it with this article that has upset you?  The EE is an ABERDEEN paper so therefore can justifiably refer to Stevie as an  ex Don. Nothing in that article either “quotes” from Stevie or input from EE is any way derogatory to either Saints or Stevie. As an ABERDEEN based paper they are perfectly entitled to slant any story towards ABERDEEN F.C. In my opinion Hearts have got a great player but I do think Stevie has got perhaps the best of the deal.

What really annoys me is the fact they think we played at Tyncastle twice this season.

It doesn't really bother me but just shows a lack of basic research. 

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, 541ntees said:

1 of my favourite all.  Time saints players but the fact he’s playing on plastic for hearts looks. Like he   Wasn’t giving 100. Percent for saints and for me that’s worse than being rubbish:::  got to wonder what tommy thinks 

I think it was Tommy's decision on advice of consultant.

Saints had Steven MacLean fit and available every week after he returned from his second long-term injury. We'll never know if that was down to the policy of not playing him on plastic (although we'll see what happens this season) but I don't think you can criticise the club's thinking.

2 hours ago, 541ntees said:

1 of my favourite all.  Time saints players but the fact he’s playing on plastic for hearts looks. Like he   Wasn’t giving 100. Percent for saints and for me that’s worse than being rubbish:::  got to wonder what tommy thinks 

Tommy took the decision out of his hands on medical advice. Macca would have played in a pub car park for us if given the chance. 

What a ridiculous post. 

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

Tommy took the decision out of his hands on medical advice. Macca would have played in a pub car park for us if given the chance. 

What a ridiculous post. 

Well said.  In my view Tommy could not afford to ignore the medical advice because of our limited resources.  Levein, on the other hand, thinks he is God's gift and would certainly think he knows better than a mere Consultant.  So what if the Consultant is proved right after a few months - Levein signs a new team every transfer window.

3 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

What a ridiculous post. 

maybe i have over reacted and i hope you guys are right , pn the other hand i hope Levein is not going to cause Macca any long term damage

21 hours ago, 541ntees said:

maybe i have over reacted and i hope you guys are right , pn the other hand i hope Levein is not going to cause Macca any long term damage

Good point 541.  Hopefully Macca has thought this through.  He has a 2 year contract and will be anxious to please as I think he will be hoping for a coaching job at the end of it.

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, 541ntees said:

Disgraceful post.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/701303/st-johnstone-boss-tommy-wright-says-players-will-have-to-leave-before-he-can-add-another-midfielder/

"The manager said: “The reason Macca didn’t play on plastic pitches here was because of me.

“I got medical advice and made my decision because he was my main striker.

“Macca has got to 35 and is still playing in the Premiership. I’d like to think some of that is down to the way we dealt with him.

“He got plenty of Mondays off, for example, and we protected him as much as we could because he was such an important player for us.

“Macca always wanted to play on plastic pitches, he was always on at me to let him do it.

“But I decided it wasn’t happening. I decided what was best for St Johnstone was for him not to play on plastic and I don’t regret that one bit. I stand by it.

“Macca did OK in his time with us, didn’t he? So I’m more than comfortable with the decisions I made.”"