Saints Kit Supplier 2018/19?

outatimecow

On 10/06/2018 at 2:15 PM, mainstand said:

What I said was in response to comments from Random in respect of it being quiet because the chairman is on holiday. Of course there can be improvements nothing is perfect. 

I know you cant rely on everything you hear, as I was told by 2 different sources that the original deal was just a one year deal, but as announced by the Club it is a 3 year deal. From what I have read on here the Club will be selling the kit form a new club shop in the main stand. Yes it would be good if they club announced that but maybe they just want to complete all of the work first. As for the designs surely it is better waiting on the actual kit being released than seeing a computer drawing. 

Fair point. But why not just say a date.

At the end of the season announce next year's season tickets will be on sale 1st June.

New strips available 15th June.

That took me 15 seconds to type. 

10 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Fair point. But why not just say a date.

At the end of the season announce next year's season tickets will be on sale 1st June.

New strips available 15th June.

That took me 15 seconds to type. 

Yep but do you really want to tie a noose round your neck by putting a date out there.

All it needs is  a delay outwith your control and you are looking a numpty. i.e. back in the Xara days when we were getting launch dates changing every week.

Guest ScottMann
3 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Yep but do you really want to tie a noose round your neck by putting a date out there.

All it needs is  a delay outwith your control and you are looking a numpty. i.e. back in the Xara days when we were getting launch dates changing every week.

They look like numpties the way it is at the moment though. A delay outwith Saints control doesn't reflect badly on them...if explained properly!...but the way they handle things at the moment does. We may be little old Saints but we are also a multi-million pound company and should be acting like one.

19 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Was talking about this a few weeks back, its hard to remember any great home tops. Favourite top lately was the white and black away top we won at Ibrox in. Not been overly fond of any Saints top since the pinstripe effort of 97-98.

This again is where Saints lost out.

The Season 16/17 Kit was a shocker and the club could have cleaned up. If they re-released the Bonar /Tartan / Teal and Magenta / 65 Shades of Blue efforts that year the club would have made up money where Campus and TTL lost out when people werent buying shirts - and ended up selling them off for a tenner or fiver at the end of the season.

The 82 top was what £40 and came in a presentation box witb the pre-orders well in excess of the minimum order quantity. The 90s shirts would have more people who would still wear a shirt to games and in most likelyhood sold more than the 82 one.

If we can't have some of the classics a home / away / third kit then the club should have them as a separate line. They're aware of how well the 82 shirt did, but again, a easy way to have made cash missed.

It's also on the official site with BINN announced as main sponsors, MKM as back of strip sponsors and A+B taxis also involved. New strips to be revealed on Monday and available to buy on Tuesday. Hope that covers all main aspects of negativity towards club regards sponsors and strips availability......

1 minute ago, Markinch Saint said:

It's also on the official site with BINN announced as main sponsors, MKM as back of strip sponsors and A+B taxis also involved. New strips to be revealed on Monday and available to buy on Tuesday. Hope that covers all main aspects of negativity towards club regards sponsors and strips availability......

It seems to be the away kit that's being revealed on Monday which is a bit unusual. Can't wait to see it though - hoping it's a complete monstrosity. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Markinch Saint said:

Good to see these 3 local companies sponsoring Saints. Would have preferred a national sponsor but at last we have been informed.

Look forward with interest to see our new strip being revealed on Monday along with at least 2 new signings that Tommy has been trying to sign for past 4 weeks.

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Good to see these 3 local companies sponsoring Saints. Would have preferred a national sponsor but at last we have been informed.

Look forward with interest to see our new strip being revealed on Monday along with at least 2 new signings that Tommy has been trying to sign for past 4 weeks.

They are a national company in that they go throughout Scotland. 

Steady that was very nearly a positive post there Cagey :laugh:

Guest ScottMann

MKM’s Perth Branch Director Alan Patterson said: “MKM Building Supplies in Perth is extremely proud to be one of the main sponsors of St Johnstone FC for the coming season. "We see this as a fantastic opportunity for a local company to be able to support our local team."

If you go by the article on Saints website it's understandable to believe MKM are purely a local company. I only knew they were an English company after checking them them out when the rumours first surfaced.