Saints Kit Supplier 2018/19?

outatimecow

3 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

To be fair £44 quid for a hoodie is pretty much in the middle of what you will be charged for a 'branded hoodie'

£35 for a polo seems a little steep until you look at prices for some of the Adidas performance golf polos which can be from £40-£55+

Maybe, but I certainly won't be paying it as it looks a lot like over-priced tat to me. Would anyone else on here pay those prices for what BLK are offering?

Adidas stuff is of course over-priced too, but they're able to do that because they're Adidas. Up until a couple of months ago most of us had never even heard of BLK.

For comparison, if you look at the Partick Thistle/Joma section of the TTL website, they're charging £24 for a polo shirt, £16.50 for a training shirt, £35 for a hoody, £42 for a hooded tracksuit that comes with tracksuit bottoms, £26 for a quarter-zip sweatshirt. It strikes me that their range is not only better, but also significantly cheaper.

https://www.teamwearscotland.com/category/professional-football-clubs/partick-thistle/

12 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Maybe, but I certainly won't be paying it as it looks a lot like over-priced tat to me. Would anyone else on here pay those prices for what BLK are offering?

Adidas stuff is of course over-priced too, but they're able to do that because they're Adidas. Up until a couple of months ago most of us had never even heard of BLK.

For comparison, if you look at the Partick Thistle/Joma section of the TTL website, they're charging £24 for a polo shirt, £16.50 for a training shirt, £35 for a hoody, £42 for a hooded tracksuit that comes with tracksuit bottoms, £26 for a quarter-zip sweatshirt. It strikes me that their range is not only better, but also significantly cheaper.

https://www.teamwearscotland.com/category/professional-football-clubs/partick-thistle/

The big difference with the partick stuff is that these are all items that are freely available in the joma catalogue. The quarter zip top for instance is available at under 20 with the standard discount add a badge and it goes up 17 pound. 

It will depend on the quality of the goods whether BLK are overpriced or not. Interesting if you compare the saints waterproof jacket to the maidenhead one there is quite a price difference. 

Edited by mainstand

36 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Yeah those are good prices and an excellent range of stuff.  Seems much more than was on offer for us?

I agree the peice of the polo is OTT, given its hidious but the material looks of better quality?

I guess it comes down as mainstand said to 'individuality' of the item and the overall quality if the material. The hoodie certainly looks a thicker material, £10 worth of thickness though? I don't know. 

I'm certainly tempted by it for the tartan in the Hood as its something slightly different however not a fan of full zip hoodies. I also quite like the half zip rain jacket. 

4 hours ago, mainstand said:

The big difference with the partick stuff is that these are all items that are freely available in the joma catalogue. The quarter zip top for instance is available at under 20 with the standard discount add a badge and it goes up 17 pound. 

Maybe so but what difference does that make to me as as a supporter or consumer? If Saints had the same range as Partick at the same prices I'd be happy with that - the fact that the stuff we're being offered instead hasn't come from a Joma catalogue isn't giving me any benefit.

11 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Maybe so but what difference does that make to me as as a supporter or consumer? If Saints had the same range as Partick at the same prices I'd be happy with that - the fact that the stuff we're being offered instead hasn't come from a Joma catalogue isn't giving me any benefit.

But we have had the stuff for the last 6 years. Give the new stuff a chance.,

14 hours ago, Strawman said:

Quite like the polo, way overpriced at £32 from a maker that’s pretty much unknown though.

Can t buy it anyway as the x- large I d need is out of stock.

My wife looked at the hoodie for my birthday this weekend, tried 2 different sizes, both out of stock.

Has anyone else tried to buy anything? 

2 hours ago, cristo said:

My wife looked at the hoodie for my birthday this weekend, tried 2 different sizes, both out of stock.

Has anyone else tried to buy anything? 

Sizes do seem sparse

This it is then https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0776N7419/?coliid=IVOKP102QSTUJ&colid=B4R58ERBSB90&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Just popped on to possibly purchase the hoodie for the winter months and I see that all stuff barring the playing kit has been removed from the BLK website.

Did they actually release any leisure wear?  Think it was only ever playing kit. Pretty thin on the ground.

16 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Did they actually release any leisure wear?  Think it was only ever playing kit. Pretty thin on the ground.

Yes.  Last time I looked there was a decent choice, Polo shirts, rain/wind cheaters, hoodies etc.  However there seemed to be limited sizing available.

That the range has been reduced and given the issues Hartlepool have encountered, makes you wonder..

• 2 months later...

Was up at the ground for last minute Xmas present today and the girl on the desk was having to apologise on behalf of the club.

For it to be Christmas eve and a club selling their own strips and leisurewear. It was a shambles. No access to the room where the glenmuir stock is held. No real display od stock and the clubshop being closed.

No one knew where the key was for the stock room. One hour 20 mins later they discovered that the only person that did know would not be there until nearer 2pm. 

A complete of lack of strips and blk stuff looks like it could be  a new kit supplier again next year. Return to Joma maybe.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Is it a 2 year contract.

I would assume if it is there would be a get out clause if they are not keeping their side of the contract.

Noticed that the reserve team turned up for their match on Monday at the oriam wearing Joma kit so it looks like the players haven't even all been kitted out yet. 

On 2/2/2019 at 2:35 PM, Rob said:

Doesn't seem right that the players are still wearing joma winter jackets etc. Doesn't seem to be much of a BLK sale. Saints also looked like they were wearing some generic blue socks against Celtic the other night.

There is literally 100s of players to be kitted out.

The club gets X amount free, then they are charged. 

It may be that BLK are charging too much, and the club don't see an issue with players having Joma stuff so they save money.

But the real reason, and I'd be surprised if this is not the answer is: It's cold, the joma jackets are good and the PLAYERS had them at home and got them out for the cold snap. You'd be surprised how much kit a player can "steal" over the course of a season

-

ST JOHNSTONE KIT SALE - Here's what i have on ebay for sale <-- click

Edited by MySpazz