outatimecow

Saints Kit Supplier 2018/19?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

To be fair £44 quid for a hoodie is pretty much in the middle of what you will be charged for a 'branded hoodie'

£35 for a polo seems a little steep until you look at prices for some of the Adidas performance golf polos which can be from £40-£55+

Maybe, but I certainly won't be paying it as it looks a lot like over-priced tat to me. Would anyone else on here pay those prices for what BLK are offering?

Adidas stuff is of course over-priced too, but they're able to do that because they're Adidas. Up until a couple of months ago most of us had never even heard of BLK.

For comparison, if you look at the Partick Thistle/Joma section of the TTL website, they're charging £24 for a polo shirt, £16.50 for a training shirt, £35 for a hoody, £42 for a hooded tracksuit that comes with tracksuit bottoms, £26 for a quarter-zip sweatshirt. It strikes me that their range is not only better, but also significantly cheaper.

https://www.teamwearscotland.com/category/professional-football-clubs/partick-thistle/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Maybe, but I certainly won't be paying it as it looks a lot like over-priced tat to me. Would anyone else on here pay those prices for what BLK are offering?

Adidas stuff is of course over-priced too, but they're able to do that because they're Adidas. Up until a couple of months ago most of us had never even heard of BLK.

For comparison, if you look at the Partick Thistle/Joma section of the TTL website, they're charging £24 for a polo shirt, £16.50 for a training shirt, £35 for a hoody, £42 for a hooded tracksuit that comes with tracksuit bottoms, £26 for a quarter-zip sweatshirt. It strikes me that their range is not only better, but also significantly cheaper.

https://www.teamwearscotland.com/category/professional-football-clubs/partick-thistle/

 

The big difference with the partick stuff is that these are all items that are freely available in the joma catalogue. The quarter zip top for instance is available at under 20 with the standard discount add a badge and it goes up 17 pound. 

It will depend on the quality of the goods whether BLK are overpriced or not. Interesting if you compare the saints waterproof jacket to the maidenhead one there is quite a price difference. 

Edited by mainstand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Maybe, but I certainly won't be paying it as it looks a lot like over-priced tat to me. Would anyone else on here pay those prices for what BLK are offering?

Adidas stuff is of course over-priced too, but they're able to do that because they're Adidas. Up until a couple of months ago most of us had never even heard of BLK.

For comparison, if you look at the Partick Thistle/Joma section of the TTL website, they're charging £24 for a polo shirt, £16.50 for a training shirt, £35 for a hoody, £42 for a hooded tracksuit that comes with tracksuit bottoms, £26 for a quarter-zip sweatshirt. It strikes me that their range is not only better, but also significantly cheaper.

https://www.teamwearscotland.com/category/professional-football-clubs/partick-thistle/

 

Yeah those are good prices and an excellent range of stuff.  Seems much more than was on offer for us?

I agree the peice of the polo is OTT, given its hidious but the material looks of better quality?

I guess it comes down as mainstand said to 'individuality' of the item and the overall quality if the material. The hoodie certainly looks a thicker material, £10 worth of thickness though? I don't know. 

I'm certainly tempted by it for the tartan in the Hood as its something slightly different however not a fan of full zip hoodies. I also quite like the half zip rain jacket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mainstand said:

The big difference with the partick stuff is that these are all items that are freely available in the joma catalogue. The quarter zip top for instance is available at under 20 with the standard discount add a badge and it goes up 17 pound. 

Maybe so but what difference does that make to me as as a supporter or consumer? If Saints had the same range as Partick at the same prices I'd be happy with that - the fact that the stuff we're being offered instead hasn't come from a Joma catalogue isn't giving me any benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Maybe so but what difference does that make to me as as a supporter or consumer? If Saints had the same range as Partick at the same prices I'd be happy with that - the fact that the stuff we're being offered instead hasn't come from a Joma catalogue isn't giving me any benefit.

But we have had the stuff for the last 6 years. Give the new stuff a chance.,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Strawman said:

Quite like the polo, way overpriced at £32 from a maker that’s pretty much unknown though.

Can t buy it anyway as the x- large I d need is out of stock.

My wife looked at the hoodie for my birthday this weekend, tried 2 different sizes, both out of stock.

Has anyone else tried to buy anything? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think prices are so dear because its the same gear the coaches and player wear, I've definitely seen them pre-match wearing that polo shirt. 

Dont why it makes it more expensive, but it seems a common approach from companies to do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now