Dundee F.C. v St. Johnstone F.C. Saturday 21st. April 2018

HOODLUM65

Utter pish again. 

Glad I can’t make many away games. 

Looking at the line up, whatever way you dress it up it was a 5-4-1 formation. 

Fron 4-0 to 2-1 defeat in a matter of weeks. 

Chances of being dragged into that playoff spot?? L o l

Edited by St Mikey

Just back in the house. Disappointed not have got a point. I do think that Tommy was wrong to chose Zander today, I think Mannus would have had a cooler head/ impact. Too many hoof balls, much better play when we kept it on the ground.  Tanser needs to beat his man more. Defence was awful at clearing crosses today. Willock had to go before he got red carded. As to Macca, what a legend, vaulting the boards to retrieve ball for a Saints throw. Dee players doing their usual throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity. McCann is still a little shite plus the two Dee bell ends standing near the corner at our end who were gesturing at us when they scored their second.

We were pretty toothless all day, with Dundee looking average at best. Don't feel we learned anything particularly new from this game.

Two weak goals to give away. The second from a stupid, needless foul from Spoony.

Glad to see Scougall back, nice wee flick to lead to the goal.

The summer rebuild will be interesting.

1 minute ago, SlickDT said:

We were pretty toothless all day, with Dundee looking average at best. Don't feel we learned anything particularly new from this game.

Two weak goals to give away. The second from a stupid, needless foul from Spoony.

Glad to see Scougall back, nice wee flick to lead to the goal.

The summer rebuild will be interesting.

Don't know why he persist with Wotherspoon . Because of his lack of pace his player will always get away from him & he is stupid enough to pull them back.

Sorry for hitting out in all directions but getting beat from Dundee is a bit upsetting.

Half expected it. They needed it more than us. We are a depleted injured team.  Didn't go as have no expectations for the rest of season. Just going to drift into the summer shut down, will be surprised if we can over take Well, but certainly won't get caught.  End of season can't come quick enough for me.  Years in past players were play g for new contracts and Europa league finish.  Do wonder what the future holds... next season needs drastic improvement.  A defeat from an average side, a team who survived relegation last season... is this where we are now competing?

Edited by Dave H

As has been said the end of the season cant come quick enough. It is going to take one almighty horrendous sequence of results to drag us into the play offs. in saying that I have many Hibs supporting friends here in Peebles who were saying that a few seasons ago before they met Hamilton!

Anyway us Peebles Saintees are mobilising for the rest of the season Fartick and Cunty at " home " and Motherwell for our final awayday of the season. COYS

Feck sake. Lot of folk going a wee bit overboard and in need of a blood pressure check.

With 1 attacker on the pitch I would have taken a draw. 

To lose a silly goal early doors was always gonna be an uphill struggle.

When Macca got us back in it, looked like a draw was likely until a soft free kick prove to be the decider.

From my position at the opposite end, the free kick was lofted into the air, (at this time I called Zander, who remained on his line) and the attacker leapt unchallenged to head into the net.

Shit happens. 2 bad preventable goals.

Nothing between the sides (apart from 1 goal)

Onwards and upwards.

Roll on next week.

C.o.y.s.

26 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

It beggars belief... 

Tommy out!

We need a new goalkeeper!

We need change!

We need an overhaul!

Sack the board!

Blaa blaa blaaaaaaa....

Incredible where they get their info from.

There seems to be a lot of negativity from folk who were not at the game. 

6 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

There seems to be a lot of negativity from folk who were not at the game. 

Nothing new there.. 1000s of fans spout negativity and rarely go to games. I know a few Saints affiliated people who can't say a good thing and when they do attend it validates their views.  That's why we lose fans.. those who go to games can see positives but those who only see results, well today was a shyte result.  Dundee are pish, but today I think has secured their top flight status, so good we'll have them to play next season, short journey.

Strange criticism of Clark, who I thought was assured throughout, although he was virtually a spectator in the first half after the first 46 seconds. What he does have over Mannus is he's more prepared to start attacks with quick distribution. It doesn't always work but, like his kicking itself at times, it can be a weapon.

Thought there were also positives to take out of performances of Willock, Millar and at times Williams and Kerr. Great to get to celebrate a MacLean goal at least one more time.

Thought Foster, not for the first time, was disappointing and hope next season will resemble his first more than this. I'm far from sold on Comrie and would even contemplate looking at Watson again over the last four matches. He'd help us at defending set plays too.

Can't be too down on a depleted team who IMO, were the better side for long spells yesterday.