Panama / Singapore / Athens Saint

tessa

Such sad news. Myself and my wife had the pleasure of meeting up with John and his good lady in Athens shortly after the cup final. We had never met but arranged to meet up via WAP. John was unmistakable in his St Johnstone shirt as he walked towards us in Athens Airport. He quickly whisked us to his local where we met his wife and a number of his expat pals who were all converted Saintees - as was the Greek owner of the bar! After a few beers and onwards to his local taverna where  yet more locals and converted Saintees appeared. I had brought a couple of cup winners tee shirts as  gifts and he was over the moon! After great food and numerous tsiporos, great chat about Saints, Perth and his pals and adversaries on WAP it was back to the airport with a fuzzy head for an onward flight. Great hospitality, great chat, great memories and a great guy.

Condolences to his family and friends at their sudden sad loss.

On 4/22/2018 at 11:28 AM, The Inspiration said:

Hi everyone.

Found out the news about my dad on Friday. It was very sudden but as none of his family were in Panama at the time details are few and far between at the minute. Expecting a call from the Embassy in the next couple of days and will know more then.

He was a great Dad and loved nothing more than telling me on a Saturday morning who he’d been winding up on WAP over the last few days and who he was beating in the predictor!

Being away from Perth for many years meant this place gave him an outlet for all things St Johnstone and enabled him to have debates and conversations, which many of us get in the pub on a Saturday afternoon, with all of you.

Thanks to anyone who berated him, nibbled at his bait or rised to him any time he put up a nonsense post as he thrived on it and, while he often came across as abrasive on here, it was always in jest with a tongue firmly in cheek and his way of still being involved with saints from a far.

My brother Saul and I (Joss) would like to pass on our thanks to everyone for their kind words and for humouring him over the past few years 

1AEDD583-5374-418D-83A1-CA81222BD1CF.jpeg

Sorry for your loss mate.
Never met your dad, but always had a chuckle about how he'd wind folk up on here. Obviously a wicked sense of humour.

RIP

On 4/22/2018 at 6:28 AM, The Inspiration said:

Hi everyone.

Found out the news about my dad on Friday. It was very sudden but as none of his family were in Panama at the time details are few and far between at the minute. Expecting a call from the Embassy in the next couple of days and will know more then.

He was a great Dad and loved nothing more than telling me on a Saturday morning who he’d been winding up on WAP over the last few days and who he was beating in the predictor!

---------------

So sorry for your loss, like many on here who work abroad, WAP is a small treasure for us to stay connected to our roots around a shared passion. Athens/Panama was one who certainly brought color to this place! I recall the fun we had sparing about the sadness of our home flag building efforts in the run up and excitement of travelling over for the final. Glad he got his day. RIP fella.

6 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

So sorry for your loss, like many on here who work abroad, WAP is a small treasure for us to stay connected to our roots around a shared passion. Athens/Panama was one who certainly brought color to this place! I recall the fun we had sparing about the sadness of our home flag building efforts in the run up and excitement of travelling over for the final. Glad he got his day. RIP fella.

He certainly got ripped about his flag, but took it in good heart. 

Condolences to his family.

gave out the stick and also took it well on here, especially about the Athens saints flag. Like others have said I am glad he saw us win the big one  

I will let edstar 101 know as he has not been on here for a while as forgot his log on details, they were that old. And knew he had some good banter on here with Jon.