Sign in to follow this  
sixties saintee

Exiles Potys

Recommended Posts

Ok, trying to do a wee audit here.

Saints' Exiles have sponsored today's matchball, captain's armband and contributed to the match day programme (for a reprint of the text, see below). 

WHO DONATED WHAT
Have received donations from those listed below |  @john.w / @stanley saint / AN Other please confirm I have you (your son's name) covered

EXILE DONATION TICKETS
Rob M 22.5 1
Dun W 200 12
Mar T 50 3
Jor W 22.5 1
Ste Z 22.5 1
Jas C 22.5 1
Jos M 40 2
Chr G 10 1
DunM 20 1
Bri S 20 1
Mar C 25 1
Tom P 50 3
  505  

MATCH BALL DRAW
Tickets means how many times your name will go into the draw to keep the match ball. 20-25 = 1 ticket, and then I've roughly pro-rata'd that up for those who contributed more.
 I will get all the names into Excel and run the RAND() function to pick a winner. I'll film it live on Twitter, this week. 


PROGRAMMES
Anyone who wants a programme should PM/Send their name/address to me. I have requested 10 from @The ghost of Jim Morton -

I will use the outstanding £5.00 (have paid Ghostie £500 by cheque) for the postage cost to get him to send down the Programmes. If you want a programme I will send them out, at my cost to you.

REPRINT OF THE MATCH DAY PROGRAMME MESSAGE
 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Saints’ Exiles Club – the diaspora of fans outside Scotland - are proud to sponsor today’s match ball, and wish to congratulate Chris on his well-deserved Testimonial match.

The Exiles were founded by Seaman Captain John Marnoch when around fifteen Saintees met up to watch St Johnstone in a cup match from the Sports Cafe pub in London sometime in the mid-2000s.

Today’s captain’s armband is sponsored in recognition of John “Captain Marnoch” who recently passed away. He is responsible for the Exiles’ POTY efforts over the past few years and is fondly remembered as the only person to receive TWO bans from WAP forum!

Contributions for today’s sponsorship came from as far afield as arctic Northern Canada, Australia, and the Falkland Isles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

THANKS

 

Well done @sixties saintee for being the one who actually got all this going, and made it happen. As always, huge thanks to @The ghost of Jim Morton 


@The Inspiration enjoy your day, god bless @AthensSaint @PanamaSaint @SingaporeSaint and any other astroturf accounts - we miss them all  :)

 

MON THE SAINTS!

Edited by MySpazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tha ball, signed by midge and firmly in my possession. Also signed programmes.   The captains armband is also secured but it needs to go out to be embroidered with some extra bits and pieces.. I hope to have it back before I go on holiday and when I get it I will post photo of it.. I thought the tribute to John and the write up about the exiles in the programme was excellent. On behalf of Chris, the testimonial committee and myself I would just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who  made this possible..

IMG_2071.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

At the end of the match Chris Millar had the match ball so hopefully Chris will have done or do a presentation  of said ball as a fitting tribute to John and the type of guy Chris is.

The kit man actually  took the ball but my man was on the touchline under strict instructions to nab it as soon as he could..  he never let me down...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

I have tha ball, signed by midge and firmly in my possession. Also signed programmes.   The captains armband is also secured but it needs to go out to be embroidered with some extra bits and pieces.. I hope to have it back before I go on holiday and when I get it I will post photo of it.. I thought the tribute to John and the write up about the exiles in the programme was excellent. On behalf of Chris, the testimonial committee and myself I would just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who  made this possible..

IMG_2071.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

Thanks Ghostie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said  goodbye to John today.. Lovely service, some wonderful words from Joss and a couple of shandies at McD afterwards. Roddy came as a rep of the club which was good and there were a few well kent faces there from back in the day. Rest in Peace now pal..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

Said  goodbye to John today.. Lovely service, some wonderful words from Joss and a couple of shandies at McD afterwards. Roddy came as a rep of the club which was good and there were a few well kent faces there from back in the day. Rest in Peace now pal..

That was good of the club, glad to hear it was a nice service and a good turnout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JOR W is John.W 's son - son congrats @john.w, you won the ball. Can you PM me or Ghostie your address. On the off chance you don't want it, I can redo the draw.

Any of you guys who contributed, and who want a programme, please PM your name/address.

Couple of people have already PMd - we got 10 programmes total.

Edited by MySpazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MySpazz said:

JOR W is John.W 's son - son congrats @john.w, you won the ball. Can you PM me or Ghostie your address. On the off chance you don't want it, I can redo the draw.

Any of you guys who contributed, and who want a programme, please PM your name/address.

Couple of people have already PMd - we got 10 programmes total.

Sure big John said his son put the monies through for him, but glad big John won it as he was mates wae Johns dad,, he will have to come back and pick it up himself if he wants it LAUGH OUT LOUD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this