St.Johnstone V Partick Thistle - Sat 28th April

SaintJet

1 minute ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Willock was brilliant

Only used one sub when McLean, wotherspoon and Craig were struggling....Craig gives away the pen!

Wotherspoon is not a holding midfielder and honestly I don't want to see McLean starting for the rest of the season, certainly not getting 90mins 

I actually liked Wotherspoon in that deeper role, tbh, only issue is his inconsistency. 

MacLean will play every minute until he leaves, no matter how poor he is. 

Thought Willock was excellent and Williams did well despite the lack of service at times. Tanser came onto a good game in the 2nd half and the defence for the most part were fairly solid. Weak points were Fosters distribution and movement, Maccas lack of pace when we needed to stretch the Thistle defence, and Spoony and Liam that took too long to get going.

Still deserved the win though  - sticks in the throat especially given the referee performance throughout the game.

Thought in spells we looked ok today. Ando had a mare for the first 20 mins, but was ok after that.

If there was players there playing for their futures, it didn’t look like it.

Thought Willock looked the part today. You can see the improvement game time has given him. The ref was horrific though, very poor all game. Booking young Robertson was a poor call. Sometimes you have to wonder about them. Appreciate it was late in the game and Partick were pushing for a goal, but if the slowing the game down was at any other time of the game or any other circumstance, then it wouldn’t be a booking. If they can judge a situation like that and deem it a booking, then a ref should be wise to a 16 year old and maybe have a word. In my view a ref (at whatever level) is as well as being an official should be a coach on the laws and rules of the game.

Edited by TheYellowBox

4 hours ago, Shibbydoo said:

It's not that bad mate. 

Officially confirms we can't be relegated. 

So next 3 games we'd hope to see a more relaxed team with some young faces I'd hope. And Mcmillan if he actually exists. 

I think you had a bet on, drama queen! X

You know me so well mate! Hahahaha.

I never placed the bet even though very tempting. 

Still a crap result.

McMillan does exist but had that nasty injury.

Thought we played ok yesterday in spells. Willock was good first half and you can see a player there. Shame it's taken so long for him to get up to speed. I also thought Macca had one of his best games for a while. His touch and link play was much improved and he should have scored 2 goals. Tommy didn't sub him when he tired though?

Biggest disappointment aside from the ref was Tommy in the second half. Our players dropped too deep and he left it too long to make a change. Willock was tired and we needed more legs in the middle and he basically made no subs. We were asking to concede.

Biggest positive for me was Tanser though. I didn't rate him at the start of the season. He's turning into a superb player. Really strong in the tackle now, great going forward and not much gets passed him. He deserves a 3 year deal.

15 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

Thought Willock was excellent and Williams did well despite the lack of service at times. Tanser came onto a good game in the 2nd half and the defence for the most part were fairly solid. Weak points were Fosters distribution and movement, Maccas lack of pace when we needed to stretch the Thistle defence, and Spoony and Liam that took too long to get going.

Still deserved the win though  - sticks in the throat especially given the referee performance throughout the game.

I have noted for a few games that Tanser usually plays better in the 2nd half when on the east stand out of tommy berating range :laugh:

2 hours ago, Jenko82 said:

I have noted for a few games that Tanser usually plays better in the 2nd half when on the east stand out of tommy berating range :laugh:

Noticed that as well.

Like most I didn't see a player there but he is turning into a good wingback.

Easton will have a job displacing him if he is here next season.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Noticed that as well.

It will depend which Brian Easton comes back next season. If it’s the slim, aggressive and hungry Easton from 2013/14 then Tanser will be worried, however, if it’s the slovenly Easton of 2017 then I think we should stick with a young, progressive and developing Tanser.

Another couple of seasons being mentored by Callum Davidson he is perhaps one of our brightest prospects - easy to forget he is only 23 years old. 

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

On 27/04/2018 at 9:47 PM, RandomGuy said:

I think they've won six of the last eight games at McDiarmid. A real bogey team. 

Not expecting much tbh, not even sure if I'll be going. 

Clark

Comrie - Kerr - Gordon - Tanser

Willock - Millar - McLean

Wotherspoon - Williams

MacLean

Give younger lads a chance. See if Willock is worth getting back next season. 

AND DON'T CONCEDE WITHIN TWENTY MINUTES. 

Or the last 2 minutes. 

6 hours ago, Cagey said:

Noticed that as well.

I would like to see us keep using the 3-5-2 and utilise Easton as the left sided CB, it would give the team some real balance I think.

7 minutes ago, Jenko82 said:

I would like to see us keep using the 3-5-2 and utilise Easton as the left sided CB, it would give the team some real balance I think.

It's a very effective formation when the players know what they are doing on the pitch. If they are not completely comfortable however it can be very unforgiving. We've seen that a couple of times this season.

I think playing Easton as a left-sided CB is a solid decision but for me that leaves Ando out of the (preferred) starting XI. Based on current players at the club:

Clark

Kerr Shaughnessy Easton

Foster(Comrie)                                              Tanser

Wotherspoon Muzz Craig

Scougall

Kane

Plenty of room for improvement in the summer. 

52 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Still not sure about the penalty ,Liam gets his foot down,and Edwardsfalls over his thigh,and the ref is struggling to see around Sammon at the time,so he’s guessed 

Do think the ref guessed but was a pen'. Craig didn't need to go near him as Joe was getting the ball.