Club Sponsor

Guest ScottMann

Guest ScottMann

I've heard from genuine 'sources close to those involved' that Mr Storrar will not be renewing his sponsorship next season. Anybody heard anything about this and whose in the frame to take over, if anyone, if he does stop?

9 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

I've heard from genuine 'sources close to those involved' that Mr Storrar will not be renewing his sponsorship next season. Anybody heard anything about this and whose in the frame to take over, if anyone, if he does stop?

Could you not just have asked your source. They seem to be pretty close to the sponsorship story....

Guest ScottMann
6 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

Could you not just have asked your source. They seem to be pretty close to the sponsorship story....

Why, yes, yes I could. And I did and they said they didn't know. Thanks for some great input. Hopefully you'll give us more.

35 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

In buying a jam jar we’re you ?

Guest ScottMann
13 minutes ago, slf said:

In buying a jam jar we’re you ?

An actual jam jar's about the only thing the budget could stretch to at the moment!

2 hours ago, ScottMann said:

His deal was one year plus option of a second. Heard a while ago he wasn't doing it for a third. 

All comes down to how much Saints want and how much someone is willing to offer.

3 hours ago, sjfc99 said:

His deal was one year plus option of a second. Heard a while ago he wasn't doing it for a third. 

All comes down to how much Saints want and how much someone is willing to offer.

Speaking after friendly against Glentoran, he said It was purely a heart decision to sponsor and the finances demanded by Brown made no long-term commercial sense.  There was also zero consultation with the company regarding how the shirt would look apparently.  Look out for Broon builders again possibly.

Guest ScottMann

From what I saw I thought Saints gave Alan Storrar decent additional coverage with good advertising around the ground and on social media which I took as part of the package.

This is where the awful tv coverage of Scottish football doesn't help smaller clubs attract business. Minimal coverage and when they're on it'll mainly be against the Old Firm where the focus will be totally on them on and off the pitch.

16 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

From what I saw I thought Saints gave Alan Storrar decent additional coverage with good advertising around the ground and on social media which I took as part of the package.

Now that we've done away with all that promotional/social media stuff we can get back to having a nice family run company on the shirts, Steve Brown Electrical fits the bill.

1 hour ago, Havana Saint said:

Speaking after friendly against Glentoran, he said It was purely a heart decision to sponsor and the finances demanded by Brown made no long-term commercial sense.  There was also zero consultation with the company regarding how the shirt would look apparently.  Look out for Broon builders again possibly.

The sponsors logo being agreed was a reason for the delay in the original strip and from what I was told the original sponsors design was lopsided and that was why the 2  satires were added.

The guy deserves credit for doing it but at the same time he got a heck of a lot of a lot of coverage. 

Think a big thank you needs to go out to Alan Storrar who stepped in when no other sponsor was around and will most definitely not have recouped the money he has put in. Hope his firm is better recognized now, and is respected for having supported the local team. Good on him.

Now Gloag..................pit yer hand in yer pocket! If a "wee" local firm can do it............

20 hours ago, TheMarkChristie said:

SSE

Aviva

McEwan Fraser Legal (they sponsor half the league)

Bear Scotland

Stagecoach

Finning CAT

Massey Ferguson

All well known companies in perth

Never heard of the last two.

a top emblazoned with ‘tractor’  would be amusing seeing as Dundee minks and that wally chic young thinks everyone in Perth works on a farm.they are just inbreds and thick as dogs hit.

14 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Think a big thank you needs to go out to Alan Storrar who stepped in when no other sponsor was around and will most definitely not have recouped the money he has put in. Hope his firm is better recognized now, and is respected for having supported the local team. Good on him.

I agree